Sheldon trade value

#bman

My offseason plan is to Tag or Sign MO, sign Snacks, and trade Sheldon. What would his value be? a 2nd and a 5th? A 3rd and a 4th? Jets don't have a ton of picks. With the arrival of Leonard Williams I think Sheldon is expendable.

My offseason plan is to Tag or Sign MO, sign Snacks, and trade Sheldon. What would his value be? a 2nd and a 5th? A 3rd and a 4th? Jets don't have a ton of picks. With the arrival of Leonard Williams I think Sheldon is expendable.

A 2nd and a 5th?  Great return for a 1st who's Pro Bowler & DROY guy. 

A 2nd and a 5th?  Great return for a 1st who's Pro Bowler & DROY guy. 

The kid made some mistakes but he is a competitor and doesn't take plays off as Wilkerson has been called out for doing by opponents (full disclosure I love MO). He doesn't tolerate losing and you can see it emotionally effects him. I read an article about how he was just staring at the wall in the locker room after the last game just upset. Or I can remember when he tried to run down that Viking player I. A meaningless OT game and he was noticeably upset with himself for not catching a much smaller man. You don't trade a man with talent that performs well in any position you put him at and that loves the team and takes wins and losses so seriously just because he has problems. You help him and hold him accountable. Let Marshall guide him as a player that went through the same type of issues and don't let someone else cash in on our investment for a mid round pick.

In the 'there oughta be a rule' category....

There really needs to be some sort of plan in place, as early as possible, to get the lead out regarding suspensions. This should not be a months long process. All it does is tie teams' hands. For a league worth billions, they sure are bad at a lot of things. 

Can we use him to trade up for Jared Goff? 

Disclaimer: I don't even know that much about Goff and I'm terrible at judging QBs but I read on here he's a Montana type QB and I liked what I saw in the couple of videos of him I watched.  Doesn't have to be him but just whoever Maccags likes.

If we sign Mo, Sheldon most likely wont be in our long term plans... He might be worth more in some eyes but the reality is, we would have to sell low with a suspension looming.

You could also let him play this year, hope he rehabilitates himself, then tag him and trade him next season if he indeed shows 1st round value in '16.

People overstate the risk with Sheldon. He's in the league's substance abuse program. He's getting tested very regularly, and he's obviously passing every test. The slightest sign that a player is cheating results in a suspension. Maybe, just maybe, the kid learned his lesson. Lots of people quit weed to keep a good job. He might be one of them. With his abilities, I'd much rather have him on the roster than a lousy second round pick. (cue someone posting every Jets' second round pick in team history.... )

No reason to trade him now or hopefully at all, Jets would get a 3rd round comp pick if he plays out his contract and signs elsewhere and a season or two of Richardson on the DL is worth a high-mid round pick, especially for a team looking for an anchor on D

How much better would the Raiders or Redskins be if they gave a 1st and a 3rd for Sheldon? proven commodity vs the draft lottery

Trade value I would assume would be similar to what we got from Revis, yea Richardson is likely to be suspended a good portion of next season but if I remember correctly Revis was coming off a major injury when we traded him. I think the wise thing to do is to hold onto him though as we will probably franchise Wilkerson this next season and it might be hard to resign him after, I value keeping Richardson as an insurance policy over swapping him for one or two maybes.

there is a reason that wilkerson has not been extended yet. the reason is that they are not going to. this wasnt a season to tell mo "show me what your worth". this was a season to see if leonard williams is an nfl player or not. then after richardsons problems, to see if he can straighten out. there is a log jam on the d-line. someone has to go. wilkerson will be the numbers victim. richardson still has 2 more cheap years and williams has 4. people keep saying that richardson has this large suspension looming. i am not buying it. 1 or 2 games at the most. possibly no games considering the outcome of his court case most likely will be a glorified speeding ticket. the only way,imo, they suspend him, is if they push the fact that he withheld the arrest from the league. hardly something that you get a large suspension for.

my guess is that wilkerson gets traded for a 2nd rounder. richardson and williams become the starting defensive ends. somewheres during the offseason, a quality olb get added in the mix.

Sadly, he has been suspended for 4 games already and may be suspended again.  He's in the protocol, and that hurts his value.

no it doesn't.  A very young, talented, Pro Bowl former DROY is not getting traded for a 2 and 5.   Not a chance.  And if that all anyone want to offer you don't trade him.  If he's devalued because of a suspension then hold on to him..Don't know you would want to trade him anyway.  Never mind at a deep discount.  

You start with the 1 he cost us and add on because he's worth it.  He was suspended 4 games, lots of players have.  

there is a reason that wilkerson has not been extended yet. the reason is that they are not going to. this wasnt a season to tell mo "show me what your worth". this was a season to see if leonard williams is an nfl player or not. then after richardsons problems, to see if he can straighten out. there is a log jam on the d-line. someone has to go. wilkerson will be the numbers victim. richardson still has 2 more cheap years and williams has 4. people keep saying that richardson has this large suspension looming. i am not buying it. 1 or 2 games at the most. possibly no games considering the outcome of his court case most likely will be a glorified speeding ticket. the only way,imo, they suspend him, is if they push the fact that he withheld the arrest from the league. hardly something that you get a large suspension for.

my guess is that wilkerson gets traded for a 2nd rounder. richardson and williams become the starting defensive ends. somewheres during the offseason, a quality olb get added in the mix.

Wilkkerson had a great year 12.5 sacks as a lineman. Pro bowl (should have been there last year); he is top 5 at his position. A 2nd would be a steal and I would imagine if that is all we get, we tag him and have him play next year for us.

Archived