Sheldon trade value

#bman

Wilkkerson had a great year 12.5 sacks as a lineman. Pro bowl (should have been there last year); he is top 5 at his position. A 2nd would be a steal and I would imagine if that is all we get, we tag him and have him play next year for us.

pay him $15m and still have 1 too many guys playing defensive end. or better yet, bowles still plays richardson at olb.. like i said, wilkerson is all but traded at this point, unless richardson ****s up from now till then. if they wanted to resign wilkerson, they would have done so already. they started negotiating, it went nowhere, decided not to negotiate untill after the season. all the tell tale signs of "see ya",imo

Trading Sheldon isnt going to free up money and help us resign Mo or Snacks... which would be the only reason I'd do it.

If you know you are moving on from Sheldon, you be free to lock up Mo (unless you think you are ok letting him walk) as you won't have to worry about locking up Sheldon soon. You also do it if you get great value and want to move a guy from the crowded DL to someplace where we can use another dominant player (eg OLB, OL, QB, WR).

no it doesn't.  A very young, talented, Pro Bowl former DROY is not getting traded for a 2 and 5.   Not a chance.  And if that all anyone want to offer you don't trade him.  If he's devalued because of a suspension then hold on to him..Don't know you would want to trade him anyway.  Never mind at a deep discount.  

You start with the 1 he cost us and add on because he's worth it.  He was suspended 4 games, lots of players have.  

Whether you want to believe it or not, being in the protocol, and 1 more mistake away from 10 games, hurts his value.  I don't know what his value is, but I know it's less than it would have been without his suspension and pending action against him.

If you know you are moving on from Sheldon, you be free to lock up Mo (unless you think you are ok letting him walk) as you won't have to worry about locking up Sheldon soon. You also do it if you get great value and want to move a guy from the crowded DL to someplace where we can use another dominant player (eg OLB, OL, QB, WR).

You are free to lock up Mo regardless.

And you wont be getting 'great' value for a guy coming off a year where he was suspended, has a potential suspension looming, and who's overall productivity was down. If anything this is the worst time to trade him.

You are free to lock up Mo regardless.

And you wont be getting 'great' value for a guy coming off a year where he was suspended, has a potential suspension looming, and who's overall productivity was down. If anything this is the worst time to trade him.

If you lock up Mo on a long term deal it likely means you cannot lock up Sheldon in 2 years. So, at some point you are likely going to have to make a choice. I don't know what the value is, doubt anybody here does; you shop out both players and go from there.  As I said before if the trades aren't good, you don't make them; either way, it is likely that in 2 years one of the 2 of them are gone.

If you lock up Mo on a long term deal it likely means you cannot lock up Sheldon in 2 years. So, at some point you are likely going to have to make a choice. I don't know what the value is, doubt anybody here does; you shop out both players and go from there.  As I said before if the trades aren't good, you don't make them; either way, it is likely that in 2 years one of the 2 of them are gone.

So why not wait until Sheldon has a good year and stays out of trouble and deal him when his value is higher?

Whether you want to believe it or not, being in the protocol, and 1 more mistake away from 10 games, hurts his value.  I don't know what his value is, but I know it's less than it would have been without his suspension and pending action against him.

Whether I want to believe it or not?  How do any of us know anything other than a guess.  He didn't beat anyone, he wasn't arrest for a serious crime.  He's not a habitual criminal or a loud mouth lockerroom cancer.  I don't think his value is diminished.  And you're ignoring my main point, the Jets won't trade him if they even wanted to for less that what he's worth.  Doesn't make sense, they're under no need to trade him.  He's one of their best players, is cheap and under their control.  

Whether I want to believe it or not?  How do any of us know anything other than a guess.  He didn't beat anyone, he wasn't arrest for a serious crime.  He's not a habitual criminal or a loud mouth lockerroom cancer.  I don't think his value is diminished.  And you're ignoring my main point, the Jets won't trade him if they even wanted to for less that what he's worth.  Doesn't make sense, they're under no need to trade him.  He's one of their best players, is cheap and under their control.  

driving 143 mph under the influence with a minor in the car that is 12 is a serious crime.   At worst, it's a serious lack in judgement.  Those sort of things hurt trade value. 

I really really really wanted to see this D Line kick as on Sundays ALL SEASON LONG.

.. that did not happen because of Sheldon's 4 games and lack of a pass rush from the OLB position, I would like to see the team hold on to Sheldon, upgrade the edge pass rush , and see if the D can help us through next years brutal schedule by finally RUSHING THE GODDAMN QUARTERBACK!!!!!!

driving 143 mph under the influence with a minor in the car that is 12 is a serious crime.   At worst, it's a serious lack in judgement.  Those sort of things hurt trade value. 

Driving while speeding with a child and 12 is what two crimes?  He was speeding with a minor in the car.  If that's a serious crime lots of people are criminals.  Can anyone come up with a player who's trade value was hurt for speeding? 

If he were to get suspended next his trade value right now would go down.  If he's not suspended or if he's traded after his suspension his trade value wouldn't be hurt.  

In the 'there oughta be a rule' category....

There really needs to be some sort of plan in place, as early as possible, to get the lead out regarding suspensions. This should not be a months long process. All it does is tie teams' hands. For a league worth billions, they sure are bad at a lot of things. 

I think the case hasn't cleared the courts yet. That's the holdup from what I understand. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Richardson was not that great this year imo.  Not terrible or anything but he did not have many games where he stood out as opposed to mowilk and the potential of williams.

I'm sick and tired of the Jets trading away it's best players and getting NOTHING for them. Mo Wilkerson needs to retire a Jets just as Hugh Douglas should have done. Whatever happens with Richardson, well I'll leave that up to more qualified and smarter football people than myself. As of right now though I agree with what Beerfish wrote.

My offseason plan is to Tag or Sign MO, sign Snacks, and trade Sheldon. What would his value be? a 2nd and a 5th? A 3rd and a 4th? Jets don't have a ton of picks. With the arrival of Leonard Williams I think Sheldon is expendable.

How about we trade you for some cotton candy.  

Trading Sheldon doesn't address our #1 offseason problem, the cap.  Straight up dumb to trade him for anything less than full value which we can't get right now with this off field hx.  Mo is the answer regarding the cap and our overstocked DL, not Sheldon.  Geesh.    

Trading Sheldon doesn't address our #1 offseason problem, the cap.  Straight up dumb to trade him for anything less than full value which we can't get right now with this off field hx.  Mo is the answer regarding the cap and our overstocked DL, not Sheldon.  Geesh.    

+1 What would Mo do if Snacks and Sheldon were both gone?? I rather keep Snacks,Sheldon with Leonard the Cat money wise and get a edge rusher in the draft or as a FA.. 

No reason to trade him now or hopefully at all, Jets would get a 3rd round comp pick if he plays out his contract and signs elsewhere and a season or two of Richardson on the DL is worth a high-mid round pick, especially for a team looking for an anchor on D

How much better would the Raiders or Redskins be if they gave a 1st and a 3rd for Sheldon? proven commodity vs the draft lottery

The Raiders would have no interest in trading for Sheldon Richardson.  ( Mckenize loves his draft picks)   They are looking for  another pass rusher ( Could be De or a Lb).      That can give K Mack help rushing the passer. Oliveri Vernon or Bruce Irvin ( would play Sslb and who Raiders Dc very familiar with) could be the players they target in Fa.( only cost money, and not picks also) 

They probably need another De that can also play Dt( cover themselves if their fine impressive  second round pick  De/Dt Mario Edwards can't come back from a neck injury- he was a big reason Mack had monster second half). Could be someone like Former Jet Q Coples.( won't cost that much and could play De on run downs, while sliding inside on passing downs.( would be nice to have him and Edwards rushing inside from Dt.

Archived