Bobby April Fired as Special Teams Coach

JetsFanatic

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this; I know it isn't all April's fault - Quigley sucks; Folk gets hurt, but nothing changed over the year.  He didn't try anything else. Westy said that Quigley had a better side to directionally kick too and he was constantly kicking in the other direction. Also, if you want the players to be accountable, the coaching staff has to show the same accountability.

Wow - I didn't see that coming; thought that most would stay; can't really argue with any of that; with all of the problems ST had - I know that we didn't have depth, but he didn't adapt or anything?

Yeah, knew they would address ST issues but this? So fast? Nope.

makes sense so.  If someone shakes free you want to be ready to hire I guess, or let people know the positions are available

We might wanna look at Dave Flipp the special teams coach from the Eagles. With Kelly out, the new coach could bring in a different staff.

That is a great idea. Their special teams unit has been consistently good. Without them they don't beat the Pats and you can argue they don't beat us ether.

It's nice to have a front office that actually realize where the team is weak in and actually do something about it. Special Teams has been horrible this year. I feel like old regimes would hang on to these coaches because they were friends or what not. 

We might wanna look at Dave Flipp the special teams coach from the Eagles. With Kelly out, the new coach could bring in a different staff.

Great idea.  Said in the other thread they might have someone else on mind already and want to sign him right away. 

In the grand scheme we missed the playoffs because of special teams...the fact that this regime reacted to that IMO is a great sign going forward .

Exactly.

true signs of accountability or consequence... No friend network here

Just shows again what having mostly horrible drafts from 2010-2014 can do to a team. Coach had to go, but our talent on specials really slipped.

Really great point-right here is where it glaringly shows- Quiglye also MUST be gone

Archived