Orlando Cabrera
Aaron Rowand
Pat Burrell
Freddy Sanchez
Arthur Rhodes
Julio Lugo
Danys Baez

No, many isn't getting in next year. 

By the way, I think the PED users should still get in.  Bonds, Clemens, Manny, etc...  but I don't think they will.

As do I.  No way Manny gets in with multiple failures.

Joining the ballot next year:

Ivan Rodriguez
Manny Ramirez
Vladimir Guerrero
Javier Vazquez
Mike Cameron
J.D. Drew
Jorge Posada
Magglio Ordonez
Derrek Lee
Tim Wakefield
Edgar Renteria
Carlos Guillen
Jason Varitek
Orlando Cabrera
Aaron Rowand
Pat Burrell
Freddy Sanchez
Arthur Rhodes
Julio Lugo
Danys Baez

Vlad, Pudge, and Manny are the only 3 of those I'd put in.  In that order.

Manny will be tough.  Busted multiple times for PED, would obviously not try at times, "Manny being Manny".

Hall of Fame isn't in his cards, but the Yankees should put Arthur Rhodes in Monument Park.

vs. Yankees (in 86 innings: 7.43 ERA, 1.767 WHIP, 103 hits, 17 home runs)

It was Arthur Rhodes who David Justice hit that huge game winning 3 run home run against the Mariners in the 2000 ALCS.

Hall of Fame isn't in his cards, but the Yankees should put Arthur Rhodes in Monument Park.

vs. Yankees (in 86 innings: 7.43 ERA, 1.767 WHIP, 103 hits, 17 home runs)

It was Arthur Rhodes who David Justice hit that huge game winning 3 run home run against the Mariners in the 2000 ALCS.

Byung Hyung Kim should get the statue next to him.

When someone who actually has been proven to use PEDs has gotten in, you can say that.  The Yankees PED barrier has been broken with Pettitte's number retirement. 

MLB purged the HoF voting ballots by about 100 writers,mostly of older guys. And while no one is saying it it in so many words, Rob Manfred probably thinks a bunch of old mIke Lupica, Bill Madden and Murray Chass types whining about the evils of cheating and PEDs in 2015 does not help sell his very slow sport to a younger audience. Baseball has an aging fan base, and that's becoming more of a problem.Lucky for MLB, it has a monopoly on sports programming all summer. Once the NFL ramps up in August and then the NCAA in September, MLB is in the back seat (at a loss why MLB doesn't shorten the  season to avoid that to some degree, but apparently also rans in empty stadiums still makes them TV money).  Spending oodles of bandwidth on PEDs is  bad for business. Manny Ramirez, Barry Bonds, and Mark McGwire all have jobs as coaches. Alex Rodriguez was arguably Fox's best and most popular pre and postgame guy. 

Someday A-Rod, Bonds Big Papi and Clemens are getting in. As an aside, can't wait to hear the Boston "PEDs are evil!" contingent take all that back  to vote Ortiz in. 

And unless baseball does something to appeal to younger fans, there's a good chance it will fall behind not only both levels of football like it does right now, but also the NBA, and may be even soccer and the NHL. For better or worse, these guys are part of MLB's story. To keep them out would be a mistake. 

Off the ballot:

(Last year of eligibility)
Alan Trammell

(Less than 5%)
Jim Edmonds
Nomar Garciaparra
Mike Sweeney
David Eckstein
Jason Kendall
Garret Anderson
Brad Ausmus
Luis Castillo
Troy Glaus
Mark Grudzielanek
Mike Hampton
Mike Lowell
Randy Winn

NOMAH'S BETTER. 

When someone who actually has been proven to use PEDs has gotten in, you can say that.  The Yankees PED barrier has been broken with Pettitte's number retirement.

Yeah, that is fair enough.

The moral gatekeepers that are the voters barometer has shifted.

it's hard to get evidence when baseball purposely avoided testing its own players for 15 years while two-thirds of the league was using something

There were a number of years that Nomar was superior to Derek individually. Jeter just did it longer and on much better teams.

Nomar had 6 really good seasons.   He has about half as many hits as Jeter.  He was on his way until injuries got him.

It also says something when his own GM traded him away to help finally get a WS win.

Every player from 1990 to today is suspect. As a Mets fan, I would bet Piazza did it, but I also think Jeter did it. Look at how when the big contracts started coming out his HR total shot up, then after he signed, his HR total shot way down. I think that between 2000 and say 2010, more than 75% of the players were doing SOMETHING.

Every player from 1990 to today is suspect. As a Mets fan, I would bet Piazza did it, but I also think Jeter did it. Look at how when the big contracts started coming out his HR total shot up, then after he signed, his HR total shot way down. I think that between 2000 and say 2010, more than 75% of the players were doing SOMETHING.

Yep.  The key for players getting away with it was stopping before the sh*t hit the fan. 

and then the steroids backfired

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/06/sports/baseball/al-jazeera-peyton-manning-derek-jeter-charles-sly.html?_r=0

With the help of my New York Times colleagues Ken Belson and Doris Burke, I scrutinized the list of names, and it soon appeared less random than at first blush. Nearly all of the athletes Sly named are clients of Jason Riley, a fitness trainer based in Sarasota, Fla.

Here is where Sly’s story becomes more intriguing.

Sly is a business partner of Riley’s. When Sly applied for a pharmacist’s license in Florida, he used Riley’s home address.

Riley and Sly founded Elementz Nutrition, a nutritional supplement company whose website and Facebook page feature many of the athletes Sly mentioned on camera. Zimmerman was featured on the website; Howard, Neal and Keller (who is also featured on the website) appeared on the Facebook page. In one photograph on Facebook, Riley poses at his gym, the Compound, between the mountainous Howard and the no less imposing Neal.

Not every athlete cited by Sly in the Al Jazeera report is connected to Elementz, and not all of Elementz’s big-time clients were mentioned by Sly.

Elementz proclaims all-natural bona fides. According to its website, it specializes in “vitamins, minerals, proteins and enzymes” that are “essential for our bodies to perform.” In other words, chia seeds, flax, whey and all that.

Riley’s work as a trainer is so celebrated that he was called “baseball’s M.V.P. of the post-steroids era” by Men’s Fitness magazine.

His most famous client, the man whose career he was credited with reshaping and saving from mortality’s shadow, was Derek Jeter. In 2010, a few years into Riley’s makeover, The Daily News proclaimed: “Derek is turning back the clock at short.” ESPN declared that Riley had “dumped the Captain into a hot tub time machine” and turned him into a 25-year-old.

Significant caveats are in order here: No evidence has emerged linking Jeter to performance-enhancing drugs, and Sly did not connect him to banned substances, although he boasted of helping other athletes obtain them. And a connection to Sly, Riley or anyone else is hardly proof of any wrongdoing.

Sly and Riley did not respond to several interview requests. An email sent to Elementz’s angel investor, Janis Krums, went unanswered. Jeter’s agent, Casey Close, did not respond.

Mum’s the word on the west coast of Florida.

As NY Times discovered looking into ManninHGH's story, old Jeter might have dabbled in the HGH pool.

The only Yankee that would surprise me is Mo.

Anyone that competitive, that driven, I could see it.  Shoot, I LOVED Bernie Williams.  Look at how big that dude was.   It's not just the Yanks, hell Tony Gwyn had his best years after turning 32, and had his career year at 37.  That seems natural for a fat guy.....

The only Yankee that would surprise me is Mo.

Anyone that competitive, that driven, I could see it.  Shoot, I LOVED Bernie Williams.  Look at how big that dude was.   It's not just the Yanks, hell Tony Gwyn had his best years after turning 32, and had his career year at 37.  That seems natural for a fat guy.....

Probably the only other player I can think of that would deserve a 100% vote for the hall.

Archived