Rocky - Mafia game thread

Leelou

You're better off not developing a dependency on caffeine, to be honest with you.

I went about 35-36 years without really drinking coffee. In the first year of being a Dad, I drank coffee every day. It turns out, I'm pretty caffeine intolerant. Meaning my body reacts to it like I'm allergic.

The combination of sleep deprivation, stress and caffeine during that first year with the baby gave me horrible palpitations, jitters, and even sometimes panic attacks. It sucked, because I was lethargic, so I drank coffee to do my job better, but it made me so sick feeling, that I ended up not being able to work well anyway. 

I had to stop drinking it, but of course I developed a very particular taste for it. Now, I drink decaf. I'm very selective about what decaf I drink, who makes it, how and the decaf process. I buy some stuff from a local roaster that is incredible, you'd never know it was decaf by taste. I make it at home, in a Chemex, to get it just right. Even with decaf I have to spread it out, and cannot drink too much in one day. The only caffeine intake I have regularly is in chocolate. Even that can make me feel awful, so I tend to only eat high-end chocolate to make it worth it.

coffee is for closers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all the Israeli people I've known were big coffee drinkers and told me that Starbucks was burnt crap compared to what they could get. 

Not sure if I'd say that... but the one Starbucks they tried to set up here did badly and closed down...so we have no Starbucks in Israel.

* Case study in how not to administer a league *

cue Aerosmith!

Kinda seeing that too

this is a really touchy response for page one to a vote not even on you 

Vote Lizzie

big part of the destruction of the FF league by refusing to pony up a measly 50 scoots.

Potential post of the game material.

your Bruins kicked our ass last night 

Where did you pick up the term "meta"?

Read through a couple of old game threads.  Actually wanted to start playing this game last year the but the regular season came and y'all stopped playing.  Also googled how to play Mafia

Who cares?

Clearly you haven't had issues of people signing up pretending to be someone else. Some of us haven't been that fortunate. 

Generally speakibg, a newbie that seems to know more than they should on their first run either did their research, are lying or have a qt with a group of people that are giving them a hand.

With that said I'm fine with Ballin's response. We'll see what he brings to the table.

Clearly you haven't had issues of people signing up pretending to be someone else. Some of us haven't been that fortunate. 

Generally speakibg, a newbie that seems to know more than they should on their first run either did their research, are lying or have a qt with a group of people that are giving them a hand.

With that said I'm fine with Ballin's response. We'll see what he brings to the table.

very active in the regular forums here so definitely didnt sign up pretending to be someone else.  I understand the concern though

Fair enough.

very active in the regular forums here so definitely didnt sign up pretending to be someone else.  I understand the concern though

*nods* I also saw you did post here back in August wanting to play so it's all good. Paranoid by nature, so ;)

Hope you have fun!

Archived