It can always be worse

drdetroit

He almost was. People that have argued that Geno was dubbed the starter before Fitz forget the Jets were in the running to sign Hoyer, and Fitz was like plan B or later...

very speculative on who the starter was going to be, what plan a was, what plan b was, what "or later" was

I'm referencing the arguments made for the last 6 months or so

not sure if we're saying the same thing as each other or not.

i am saying 

who our starter was going to be at the beginning of the regular season (Geno vs Fitz ) was debatable due to Ftz needing more time in TC to recover from his broken leg.

was Hoyer our first choice as the veteran backup to be brought in? ... I remember some discussions with his name involved ... I do not think that we know he was who we wanted one way or another.

then saying Fitz may not have even been next in line after Hoyer ???  ... Sounds pretty shaky

He almost was. People that have argued that Geno was dubbed the starter before Fitz forget the Jets were in the running to sign Hoyer, and Fitz was like plan B or later...

I know that was all the rage last off season.  Jake Locker or Brian Hoyer.

Both Fitz and Geno are both way better than those clowns.

I'm hoping the Texans don't drive up the cost of resigning Fitz.  

The bigger concern would be the Texans trading ahead of the Jets to take the last of the worthwhile (if there are any) first round QBs. Don't see them showing any interest in Fitz. 

The bigger concern would be the Texans trading ahead of the Jets to take the last of the worthwhile (if there are any) first round QBs. Don't see them showing any interest in Fitz. 

Meh. That would be an admission that they screwed up with Hoyer. Given their poor handling of the QB position ever since they became a franchise in 2002, we'll be able to safely assume the guy they move up to take will be a bust.

Archived