PFF names "Snacks" league's best run defender

AFJF

Don't pay him, let him walk.

I say this with loving the player and what he has done for the team.  Some team is going to over pay him big time because they are desperate and are near last in stopping the run  (See Cleveland).  It's just not worth it to pay interior dlineman unless they can do it all.

How would you rate Snacks compared to say Ted Washington a great run stopper of his time?? Also Fergy was another guy that was a pretty good NT..

How would you rate Snacks compared to say Ted Washington a great run stopper of his time?? Also Fergy was another guy that was a pretty good NT..

Agreed, Ferguson was a very underrated player especially because he did not have the bulk of others that played that spot.

Don't know how i would rate Snacks vs Washington, I'll just be very surprised if some team does not offer him a really big deal that we should not match.

Agreed, Ferguson was a very underrated player especially because he did not have the bulk of others that played that spot.

Don't know how i would rate Snacks vs Washington, I'll just be very surprised if some team does not offer him a really big deal that we should not match.

What would you say is the top figure you would pay Snacks to stay a Jet??

What would you say is the top figure you would pay Snacks to stay a Jet??

Snacks is getting six million per year- that's what top defensive tackles command these days. ( Dan Williams got 6 million from the Raiders per year- )   

If the Jets aren't willing to pay that , you can bet the Giants will be glad to pay him that much.

If the Jets let Snacks leave, they might be able to sign Terrance Knighton ( pork chop) for 5 million per.  ( teams were worried about his weight long term)

Snacks is getting six million per year- that's what top defensive tackles command these days. ( Dan Williams got 6 million from the Raiders per year- )    If the Jets let Snacks leave, they might be able to sign Terrance Knighton ( pork chop) for 5 million per.  ( teams were worried about his weight long term)

Pork Chop  will be 30 in July and is less then 300 pounds I rather have 27 year old 350 pound Snacks at 6 million..

Pork Chop  will be 30 in July and is less then 300 pounds I rather have 27 year old 350 pound Snacks at 6 million..

Terrance  Knighton has never been under 300 pounds in his life.  He will be 30 next season, but stands 6'3 354 .        His age doesn't matter as a pure run stuffer can play a longtime in the NFL.

Unless its in cookies, I don't think so. Pay him, Mo, Sheldon, and Williams? 

Yup....Either Mo or Richardson are gonna go.

Ray Lucas is one of the few media guys out there I like when it comes to the Jets and he thinks if the jets don't resign someone will be bringing a ton of cash for Mr. Snacks

Yup....Either Mo or Richardson are gonna go.

Ray Lucas is one of the few media guys out there I like when it comes to the Jets and he thinks if the jets don't resign someone will be bringing a ton of cash for Mr. Snacks

How are the Jets getting cap relief trading Sheldon Richardson( little over 3 million).  Keeping Snacks ( 6 million per) and M Wilkerson ( 16 million franchise tag).   

yes they can sign Wilkerson long term , but it still isn't coming anywhere close to 3 million for Wilkerson.( that Sheldon Richardson getting) .

The Jets want to be players in Fa. And the only way is to try and trade M Wilkerson.  Use that money to address other areas, as Jet still would have a potent defense line without Wilkerson.

How are the Jets getting cap relief trading Sheldon Richardson( little over 3 million).  Keeping Snacks ( 6 million per) and M Wilkerson ( 16 million franchise tag).   

yes they can sign Wilkerson long term , but it still isn't coming anywhere close to 3 million for Wilkerson.( that Sheldon Richardson getting) .

The Jets want to be players in Fa. And the only way is to try and trade M Wilkerson.  Use that money to address other areas, as Jet still would have a potent defense line without Wilkerson.

unfortunately agree..

With all their own of their own FAs to either lock up or replace (Fitz, Ivory, Powell, Colon, Snacks, Davis, Pace) the only ways the Jets have adequate money to fill those holes AND improve their team is to  trade Wilk and use that $15M elsewhere. Get Snacks back and keep the D-line a strength, and use Wilk's money at LB or OL.

unfortunately agree..

With all their own of their own FAs to either lock up or replace (Fitz, Ivory, Powell, Colon, Snacks, Davis, Pace) the only ways the Jets have adequate money to fill those holes AND improve their team is to  trade Wilk and use that $15M elsewhere. Get Snacks back and keep the D-line a strength, and use Wilk's money at LB or OL.

+1 That's what Brady makes next season.. LOL http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/tom-brady/

Snacks is getting six million per year- that's what top defensive tackles command these days. ( Dan Williams got 6 million from the Raiders per year- )   

If the Jets aren't willing to pay that , you can bet the Giants will be glad to pay him that much.

If the Jets let Snacks leave, they might be able to sign Terrance Knighton ( pork chop) for 5 million per.  ( teams were worried about his weight long term)

6 mill is being conservative if you ask me. 

6 mill is being conservative if you ask me. 

As great as Snacks is against the run, he's still one dimensional player( doesn't offer anything as a pass rush).  Snacks is basically a two down player, and I think 6 million per year is the number he gets,( don't see him getting much more than that).

As great as Snacks is against the run, he's still one dimensional player( doesn't offer anything as a pass rush).  Snacks is basically a two down player, and I think 6 million per year is the number he gets,( don't see him getting much more than that).

I know that, you know that, most of the world knows that but you should know by now that some dumb ass gm will cave and get in a bidding war.

Run stuffers in this NFL are about as important as having a starting pitcher on a hockey team.

Any great defense starts with their ability to stop the run first.    You want to make a team one dimensional on offense .      There is anything more dishearten than to see your defense know it's a run , and still get gashed .

Any great defense starts with their ability to stop the run first.    You want to make a team one dimensional on offense .      There is anything more dishearten than to see your defense know it's a run , and still get gashed .

Yes there is. It's when you know the opposing QB is going to throw the ball 50 times and you still can't stop him. 

You guys are crazy. Wilkerson is MILES better than Harrison. Wait and see what each of them gets when they get new contracts. The numbers won't be close.

Wilk is arguably one of the 25 best players in the entire league. 

And Pennington was better then Brady...LOL

You guys are crazy. Wilkerson is MILES better than Harrison. Wait and see what each of them gets when they get new contracts. The numbers won't be close.

2 totally different line positions and pay scales, but Snacks makes it easier for others to get sacks.. Would I rather have Snacks at 6 million then what Mo is looking for?14-16?? Absolutely and twice on Sunday.. 

No one doubts that ( Snacks is getting 6 million per year, Wilkerson 13-16 million per year) , but when you have limited cap space(no where close to what you had last year), and some holes to fill. ( Rb's, Qb, outside lb, and offense lineman)  Investing 16 million per year( franchise tag ) in an area( defense line that is still a strength) might limit what you can do in other areas.( Revis is counting how much on next year cap)

The Jets are losing Snacks or Wilkerson, as they they can only keep one.     Trading Sheldon Richardson( 3 million plus) doesn't do anything for the Jets cap-  as Snacks should be 6 million and Wilkerson 13-16 million per year minus Sheldon 3 million. 

The Jets don't sign Snacks for peanuts-  6 million per year in comparison to What Wilkerson going to get.  Than whose going to play Nt for the Jets. NT is very physical and demanding position.  ( Lose the premier run stuffer in the NFL)

Run stuffers in this NFL are about as important as having a starting pitcher on a hockey team.

3-4 nose tackles need to be able to, first and foremost, do a particular job exceptionally well. that is occupy blockers and stuff runs up the middle. if your 3-4 nose tackle can dominate in that aspect then you let your other guys worry about creating qb pressure. Snacks is great at what he does and he is a valuable asset to this team. He is the guy we need to keep. Wilkerson needs to be a sign and trade type player. Williams lets the loss of wilkerson become so much easier to stomach. Our defense will still be good without wilkerson. in todays NFL you need to score points, gobs and gobs of points. We dont have the offensive luxury to be able to sign ANOTHER qb-level contract on a defensive player. 

No one doubts that ( Snacks is getting 6 million per year, Wilkerson 13-16 million per year) , but when you have limited cap space(no where close to what you had last year), and some holes to fill. ( Rb's, Qb, outside lb, and offense lineman)  Investing 16 million per year( franchise tag ) in an area( defense line that is still a strength) might limit what you can do in other areas.( Revis is counting how much on next year cap)

The Jets are losing Snacks or Wilkerson, as they they can only keep one.     Trading Sheldon Richardson( 3 million plus) doesn't do anything for the Jets cap-  as Snacks should be 6 million and Wilkerson 13-16 million per year minus Sheldon 3 million. 

The Jets don't sign Snacks for peanuts-  6 million per year in comparison to What Wilkerson going to get.  Than whose going to play Nt for the Jets. NT is very physical and demanding position.  ( Lose the premier run stuffer in the NFL)

Peanuts are a snack.  He might go for it.

Archived