No Melt Down Over Chip Kelly?

New York Mick

He was a good college coach...won a few games with Andy Reid's team before demanding full control, dumping his talent and going in the toilet and then insisting he didn't have full control.

as a GM he wasn't good, as a coach he has been good. 

I think Kelly will do fantastic in SF. Not sure why he receives so much hate. He did go 26-20 in his first three seasons. Could've done MUCH worse.

He went 10-6 with a talented team.  In an awful division.  In those two seasons only 1 team had a winning record.  This season every team other than Wash was under .500.  A lot easier to go 26-20 when the division giv s you only winning teams in 3 seasons

He went 10-6 with a talented team.  In an awful division.  In those two seasons only 1 team had a winning record.  This season every team other than Wash was under .500.  A lot easier to go 26-20 when the division giv s you only winning teams in 3 seasons

still won double digit games 2 of 3 seasons.  worst season was 7-9, that's not too bad.  the division stinks but you still have to win games. 

49ers will give up so many points it will be ridiculous! Keap isn't smart enough or accurate enough to play in a high tempo quick decision offense meaning you'll see tons of 3 & outs. Harbaugh protected Keap with the running game & physical football, Kelly is all finesse & that sh*tty team will get punched right in the face! He could turn it around, once he gets his guys, but his defense will be on the field WAY TO MUCH next year, which also leads to too many snaps, which leads to more injuries, which leads to the defense just wearing out completely in the 2nd half of the year. Mark them down for 4/5 wins Max.

Easy to just make an excuse and blame it on an easy schedule. The fact of the matter is, he still had two double-digit win seasons in three years.

He was a good college coach...won a few games with Andy Reid's team before demanding full control, dumping his talent and going in the toilet and then insisting he didn't have full control.

A few games?  Didn't he win 10 games his first two seasons?

You're correct that once he played GM he made some horrific moves but unless my memory fails me he did have two winning seasons.

A few games?  Didn't he win 10 games his first two seasons?

You're correct that once he played GM he made some horrific moves but unless my memory fails me he did have two winning seasons.

His gimmick offense was alright but he didn't think NFL coordinators would catch on.  They did.

Easy to just make an excuse and blame it on an easy schedule. The fact of the matter is, he still had two double-digit win seasons in three years.

he played in a lousy division, made the playoffs once.  Never won a playoff game. 

You can tell me that's good coaching all you want.  I'm not calling him a good coach because his teams run off plays like its Madden.  

he played in a lousy division, made the playoffs once.  Never won a playoff game. 

You can tell me that's good coaching all you want.  I'm not calling him a good coach because his teams run off plays like its Madden.  

If you fired every coach that didn't win a playoff game in their first three years, firings would skyrocket.

Archived