Alert risk for Blizzard high for next Friday evening - Saturday

cookiemonsta

Historic crippling blizzard on the way next Friday - sat . With a strong phased upper low positioned south of the area, a lot of above average and warm for this time of the year Atlantic moisture will be deposited into the cold air . This CCB will extend from Dc - to Nw Virginia and into NYC and most of Ct and far se Mass perhaps Boston. Snow amounts exceeding 12 inches are very likely with temps in the upper 20s. -- Cookie

Not sure if there is enough cold air in place for NYC and LI, they could easily see mixing issues.  It's borderline right now.  The latest model run sure looks like a good snow for areas North and West of the city though.  We are, however, 6 days out and if I had a quarter for every blizzard I've seen predicted 6 days out I'd be Woody Johnson, so calm down.

Historic crippling blizzard on the way next Friday - sat . With a strong phased upper low positioned south of the area, a lot of above average and warm for this time of the year Atlantic moisture will be deposited into the cold air . This CCB will extend from Dc - to Nw Virginia and into NYC and most of Ct and far se Mass perhaps Boston. Snow amounts exceeding 12 inches are very likely with temps in the upper 20s. -- Cookie

You mean like this past Wednesday?

Not sure if there is enough cold air in place for NYC and LI, they could easily see mixing issues.  It's borderline right now.  The latest model run sure looks like a good snow for areas North and West of the city though.  We are, however, 6 days out and if I had a quarter for every blizzard I've seen predicted 6 days out I'd be Woody Johnson, so calm down.

He always exaggerates.  He would be more believable if he just said there was potential for a significant snow on Friday rather than these outrageous posts. 

It's coming folks , I never said high risk for Wednesday. There was an increasing risk , but this is a high risk.

Latest models suggest an arctic airmass will move into the metro area Monday. With the arctic air setting in, there is a question of where any moisture will be present mid next week. Latest 12z gfs/ukmet are depicting a significant snow chance , but not extreme yet due to the systems not phasing. Ecmwf is even less phased.   I believe with a strong neg nao in place, future models will phase the system and result in a big snow risk.

you were wrong.   its ok

so maybe don't start threads a week ahead of a "maybe" ?    My 10 year old gets his weather from NOAA

we're good

Probability up to 90% now. The likelihood for a miss is decreasing rapidly.   Closed low at Virginia midday Saturday will funnel strong waa into much of the coastline forming significant snow rates... as upper low moves ne some deformation snow poss as well.Combo will yield widespread 20 - 30 amounts. 

Storm surge flooding likely for Atlantic City may be modt.

Friday Night

A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 18. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Saturday
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 28. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Saturday Night
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 35.

oh noes.   it might snow in january

Are these words really necessary though? 

12 inches of snow is not historic. The only thing getting crippled during this storm is my liver. 

How the **** is 12 inches historic?

look out fellas, its gonna bluster !!!!

Friday
A slight chance of snow after 1pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Friday Night
Snow likely, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Saturday
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 29. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Saturday Night
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

For NYC could be 3 inches to 10 inches. A sharp cutoff North of. If you live in the Hudson Valley could be high clouds. DC and Baltimore jackpot with possibly 30 - 40 inches of snow as the low gets tucked into the coast.

New data shows more confluence in Se Canada allowing the low to move south, but still at least 3 inches for us. Jersey shore obviously more as it's south and closer to 10 inches.

Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Light north wind becoming northeast 6 to 11 mph in the evening.
Saturday
Snow likely, mainly after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 27. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 20. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Sunday
A chance of snow before noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Light north wind becoming northeast 6 to 11 mph in the evening.
Saturday
Snow likely, mainly after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 27. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 20. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Sunday
A chance of snow before noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

If I understand correctly, what you're trying to convey is that we should all buy milk and bread and prep our wills?

Archived