Warriors are destroying the Cavs, and I'm loving it.

Jetsfan80

Ian Clark was spelling Curry for a sizable chunk of the 2nd quarter.  If/when Clark gets a shot, he's looking like he'll be a very good player.  In limited sample size he's put up some fairly ridiculous numbers.  Like against the Lakers Jan 5, when he had 6 assists, 4 rebounds, and 4 blocks in 22 minutes.  Or Dec 30 against Dallas when he was 8-12 from the field, 3-4 from 3, for 21 points.  

Cavs can win running that iso Bron/Irving stuff in the East...zero percent chance against a team that's actually coached like GS or SA. He should have never left the Heat...and he's become an even bigger crybaby to boot.

Ya but he's better than Jordan because talent

Cavs can win running that iso Bron/Irving stuff in the East...zero percent chance against a team that's actually coached like GS or SA. He should have never left the Heat...and he's become an even bigger crybaby to boot.

LeBron wouldn't beat the Warriors even if he was on the Heat.  The Cavs aren't the issue.  The Warriors are.  They are one of the greatest teams in NBA history.

We'll see. I don't think they're a good matchup with San Antonio in a 7-game series.

That's true, but that doesn't take away from the Warrior's greatness.  The Spurs may be one of the greatest teams in history as well.

The Bird Celtics lost to the Magic Lakers and, vice versa, with both teams being among the greatest ever.  That's actually the beauty of NBA history.  No other sport has such consistent history of great teams facing other great teams in conference finals or championship series/games.

That's actually the beauty of NBA history.  No other sport has such consistent history of great teams facing other great teams in conference finals or championship series/games.

The counter to that is that there are some truly dreadful teams that either take decades to get better (Warriors, Clippers) or just stay horrible.  Which is probably why the NBA markets players more than teams, and prefers that every big city has a star player in it.

The counter to that is that there are some truly dreadful teams that either take decades to get better (Warriors, Clippers) or just stay horrible.  Which is probably why the NBA markets players more than teams, and prefers that every big city has a star player in it.

The reason being that no other sport is so reliant on a single player like the NBA.  That's 20 percent of a starting unit.  NFL is a QB driven league now, but that pales in comparison to what 1 player can do for an NBA team.

LeBron wouldn't beat the Warriors even if he was on the Heat.  The Cavs aren't the issue.  The Warriors are.  They are one of the greatest teams in NBA history.

It'd be a better series, imo. And in terms of longterm outlook for the franchise I'd trust Riley the GM a lot more than Lebron. Lebron's unwillingness to be coached and play within a system will be his downfall as he exits his prime. Steph and Kawhi are fantastic individually both both play wayyy better off the ball than Lebron does, and Leonard's a much better defender.

The Cavs play really boring basketball. Have Kyrie and Lebron take turns driving to the basket and plant Love on the 3 point line hoping for a bailout assist if need be. They dont even attempt to run a  offense.

That's true, but that doesn't take away from the Warrior's greatness.  The Spurs may be one of the greatest teams in history as well.

The Bird Celtics lost to the Magic Lakers and, vice versa, with both teams being among the greatest ever.  That's actually the beauty of NBA history.  No other sport has such consistent history of great teams facing other great teams in conference finals or championship series/games.

You just never know until the years pass and we get to look back on this stuff. End of the day if they get unseated by San Antonio and last year was the only chip they win, it will be hard to put them up with other squads who won multiple titles. 

Also, I dunno, it's just hard for me to put this Warriors team up with a lot of the other great historical rosters. All those 80s and 90s Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, and Pistons teams had not one, not two, but multiple hall of famers. The Celtics had a starting five of them that one year. This GS team, you've got one, maaaaaybe two depending on how their careers play out. We're always in such a hurry to compare things with the NBA, but the problem is that specific era of the league, at least in my opinion, is without an equal. It's the most competitive era of any league that I have ever followed. There are 5-6 teams from that era that if they existed now would dominate almost everyone in today's NBA. And even the middle of the pack teams, like say Mullin's Warriors, were really good. 

Nevertheless I'm pulling for them. Lebron hasn't got much left in him and the NBA is going to be in desperate need of a marquee face. Might as well be the guy with the face of a Toyota salesman and the body of an accountant, because why not? 

You just never know until the years pass and we get to look back on this stuff. End of the day if they get unseated by San Antonio and last year was the only chip they win, it will be hard to put them up with other squads who won multiple titles. 

Also, I dunno, it's just hard for me to put this Warriors team up with a lot of the other great historical rosters. All those 80s and 90s Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, and Pistons teams had not one, not two, but multiple hall of famers. The Celtics had a starting five of them that one year. This GS team, you've got one, maaaaaybe two depending on how their careers play out. We're always in such a hurry to compare things with the NBA, but the problem is that specific era of the league, at least in my opinion, is without an equal. It's the most competitive era of any league that I have ever followed. There are 5-6 teams from that era that if they existed now would dominate almost everyone in today's NBA. And even the middle of the pack teams, like say Mullin's Warriors, were really good. 

Nevertheless I'm pulling for them. Lebron hasn't got much left in him and the NBA is going to be in desperate need of a marquee face. Might as well be the guy with the face of a Toyota salesman and the body of an accountant, because why not? 

You mean Porzingis, right?

Archived