Daredevil Mafia

JustInFudge

7 hours ago, StraightCash said:

You think from a scum perspective it was good to lynch suspected SK/3rd party on D1? If this game was getting 2 kills/night you would have been in a way better position.

You came at me early chappy....  when you come at me early you have to be prepared to suffer the consequences. 

You pretty much got owned..  hopefully you'll learn from it.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Hope my random interludes weren't a pain. But I'm glad I didn't play cause I'm pretty sure I would have made a mess of things. I was totally eating up what Ape was selling so... heh. 

Once an Apette, always an Apette.

I see both sides of the Ape/Smash drama..

I was genuinely ticked at Smash for being rewarded for his emo fest.  If I was town I would have also concluded that there's no way he was scum.  When you couple that with JiF stupidly all but confirming CTM our lynch pool the last 1/3rd of the game had dramatically decreased.  We basically had to go all in on Spoot and LK..  I'm not sure why CTM can't grasp the simple concept that I HAD to be all in on LK.  I also was making what I thought were good points.  Either he or Crush should have been lynched immediately.  I've won games as scum before claiming someones role and not getting lynched for it.

On the other hand, I don't think Ape should really be talking about any PM's.  I've received and sent dozens during games to dead players or in some cases those still alive.  As long as you're not talking specifics or anything to help the person I think those off the grid communications should be kept private.

So in a way, you're both babies.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

you seem to be forgetting you were my #1 suspect pre reveal due to hitting several tells and failing some reaction tests.

you act like i had you town until i gamed the mod

gfy

No. I gave you profuse credit for that.

In fact, I'd argue that is what made following "game the mod" assumptions a safe play for you. If you hadn't already convinced yourself I hit all my tells, it would have been generally poor play to assume crap about the setup before killing a major town power role.

And, maybe you're missing the distinction here while you're all Smash-levels of defensive, I am talking about general game play... not what happened in this game specifically.

Generally speaking, gaming the mod and making assumptions to lead the lynch of an uncountered power role is probably not the best play.

I'm sorry you can't take criticism or talk objectively about gameplay strategies. You used to be a good one for these kinds of conversations.

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Smash, our primary complaint about how people handled the LK situation was this:  It will only encourage him to do ridiculous sh*t from here on out.  He now thinks he's Yoenis Cespedes and can do no wrong.

Did the play work out?  Yes.  Was he town in the end, and did town believing he was town help?  Yes.  But we put in a lot of work this game, so put yourself in our shoes:  Would you be pissed because that was a big reason you lost?  Hell yes you would be.  On one level it was extremely ballsy, on another it was batsh*t lunacy.  Simply accepting someone being batsh*t crazy means others can get away with that kind of stuff in future games as scum.

And yeah, I get that you have a certain play-style Smash.  But we all call people morons and idiots here.  You rage-quitting, then town believing you'd never do that as scum, added to the frustration we had as scum.  If we're gonna lose, we'd prefer to lose in a more "straight-up" fashion. 

But it is what it is.  Me pulling up JiF's scene to "clear" CTM and Ape's big reveal were probably unnecessary, and had an even bigger impact on our demise than anything else.  So in a way we messed up too.  But we did so by being ballsy.  I'm OK with that.  I've been scum with Pac and Ape, where we got lynched in 3 straight days (almost entire my fault).  This time we made a game of it.

Exactly.

22 minutes ago, Pac said:

I see both sides of the Ape/Smash drama..

I was genuinely ticked at Smash for being rewarded for his emo fest.  If I was town I would have also concluded that there's no way he was scum.  When you couple that with JiF stupidly all but confirming CTM our lynch pool the last 1/3rd of the game had dramatically decreased.  We basically had to go all in on Spoot and LK..  I'm not sure why CTM can't grasp the simple concept that I HAD to be all in on LK.  I also was making what I thought were good points.  Either he or Crush should have been lynched immediately.  I've won games as scum before claiming someones role and not getting lynched for it.

On the other hand, I don't think Ape should really be talking about any PM's.  I've received and sent dozens during games to dead players or in some cases those still alive.  As long as you're not talking specifics or anything to help the person I think those off the grid communications should be kept private.

So in a way, you're both babies.

Eh, I had already talked to you and 80 about the PM in our scum thread. I didn't violate some sacred trust. I didn't repeat anything he said. I just mentioned that he sent it in the context of letting you guys know how real his emo fit was... which did in fact influence our collective thinking.

Emo happens... it's one thing to quit, it's another to interfere with other players involved in the game. That's the point.

34 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'm not sure why CTM can't grasp the simple concept that I HAD to be all in on LK.  I also was making what I thought were good points.  Either he or Crush should have been lynched immediately.  I've won games as scum before claiming someones role and not getting lynched for it.

why couldn't you have bussed 80 right out the gate day before last, while LK is voting me?

Doing so greatly increases odds that LK gets lynched last day

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Generally speaking, gaming the mod and making assumptions to lead the lynch of an uncountered power role is probably not the best play.

I'm sorry you can't take criticism or talk objectively about gameplay strategies. You used to be a good one for these kinds of conversations.

i can easily take criticism.

I simply do not agree gaming the mod is always a bad strategy, we've seen it work when people have claimed roles that fit or don't fit in flavor, balance or situation. It's legit imo.

Never lynching an uncountered power role  is a usually not the best play

Just now, CTM said:

i can easily take criticism.

I simply do not agree gaming the mod is always a bad strategy, we've seen it work when people have claimed roles that fit or don't fit in flavor, balance or situation. It's legit imo.

Never lynching an uncountered power role  is a usually not the best play

I said "generally".

You realize that means usually, but not always, right?

You're too fresh off still being in the game, you are looking for an argument where there isn't one, and no... you can't take criticism right now.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I said "generally".

You realize that means usually, but not always, right?

You're too fresh off still being in the game, you are looking for an argument where there isn't one, and no... you can't take criticism right now.

yes, and this generally wasn't one of those times.

50 minutes ago, CTM said:

why couldn't you have bussed 80 right out the gate day before last, while LK is voting me?

Doing so greatly increases odds that LK gets lynched last day

Unless you're an idiot that would have been pretty transparent.  I had spent somewhere around 3 RL days blasting LK and to start a day you suggest I vote 80?? 

I had gone all in on getting LK lynched...  hammering Spoot was ok because he was my #2 and I wasn't getting any traction on LK.  The next day I had to go back to him.  That's why I'm not sure why you're saying I was agreeing with 80's points..  they were my points..  and I had been making them 72 hours before 80 mentioned him.

18 minutes ago, Pac said:

Unless you're an idiot that would have been pretty transparent.  I had spent somewhere around 3 RL days blasting LK and to start a day you suggest I vote 80?? 

I had gone all in on getting LK lynched...  hammering Spoot was ok because he was my #2 and I wasn't getting any traction on LK.  The next day I had to go back to him.  That's why I'm not sure why you're saying I was agreeing with 80's points..  they were my points..  and I had been making them 72 hours before 80 mentioned him.

thats fair, not sure why when it was obviously gonna be close you two didn't do more to distance yourself though. 

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Smash, our primary complaint about how people handled the LK situation was this:  It will only encourage him to do ridiculous sh*t from here on out.  He now thinks he's Yoenis Cespedes and can do no wrong.

Did the play work out?  Yes.  Was he town in the end, and did town believing he was town help?  Yes.  But we put in a lot of work this game, so put yourself in our shoes:  Would you be pissed because that was a big reason you lost?  Hell yes you would be.  On one level it was extremely ballsy, on another it was batsh*t lunacy.  Simply accepting someone being batsh*t crazy means others can get away with that kind of stuff in future games as scum.

And yeah, I get that you have a certain play-style Smash.  But we all call people morons and idiots here.  You rage-quitting, then town believing you'd never do that as scum, added to the frustration we had as scum.  If we're gonna lose, we'd prefer to lose in a more "straight-up" fashion. 

But it is what it is.  Me pulling up JiF's scene to "clear" CTM and Ape's big reveal were probably unnecessary, and had an even bigger impact on our demise than anything else.  So in a way we messed up too.  But we did so by being ballsy.  I'm OK with that.  I've been scum with Pac and Ape, where we got lynched in 3 straight days (almost entire my fault).  This time we made a game of it.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Exactly.

53 minutes ago, Pac said:

hqdefault.jpg

Archived