Daredevil Mafia

JustInFudge

19 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

This post would make sense if I actually stopped playing the game but I didn't so GFY I didn't cheapen the game.

Rather than defend myself against this nonsense its probably better if I do step away I'm sure others agree with you certainly JF80 does so have fun . This is not emo this is me very calmly saying Im done . you ok with that homie ?

I'd prefer you to play and be highly emo.  Makes things fun.  You're taking this sh*t wayyyyy too serious.  No one ACTUALLY thinks you're a moron or useless, but you think we do.  It's like a bunch of kids ripping on each other:  Once we find the thing that bothers you the most, we exploit it.

You've played with us long enough to know this is the case.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd prefer you to play and be highly emo.  Makes things fun.  You're taking this sh*t wayyyyy too serious.  No one ACTUALLY thinks you're a moron or useless, but you think we do.  It's like a bunch of kids ripping on each other:  Once we find the thing that bothers you the most, we exploit it.

You've played with us long enough to know this is the case.

I think anyone that plays this game is useless to their real life jobs and relationships.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

So I have to ask CTM and the APE ...why in the hell did APE give CTM a pass ?? if APE was going to reveal he knew as scum there was no room for both of those roles in such a small game yet he let CTM pass and also took his side that was baffling to me. Not sure of APE's thinking there would love for him to explain

I thought you quit, Sally.

CTM's reveal made perfect sense. Scrutinizing the logic of it and endorsing it was what I felt I'd do as town.

My reveal had nothing really to do with his. I was simply unfamiliar with how powerful the sensor role really was, but even with that said, my argument that a sensor and cop could be balanced by a LOADED scum team was a legitimate argument. In most cases, that's how I'd look at it as town. "Sure, this guy revealed as sensor, but since we haven't seend any scum roles dead yet, it's too early to assume they can't be super-loaded too." That's what I argued, because that's how I would have looked at it.

CTM trusted his instinct, and used assumptive reasoning about the sensor role and balance to get me lynched. He was right, but it wasn't the most sound reasoning I've ever seen. Either way, he did a great job, because if not for him, I would have gotten away with that reveal. 

Whatever LK thinks he did to "blow up my reveal" is trivial. He actually almost bailed me out when he started puking wrong conclusions into the thread based on his false claim. CTM had me. You had your Ape/CTM gambit theory. LK's travesty of bad town play only accomplished one thing.... convincing himself to vote Ape. Which he does all game, every game, anyway. So yea... marvelous.

Anyway, Crusher was town MVP. He kept his sh*t together, while CTM waffled a lot, and you and LK tried to out-spazz each other. Without Crusher, and to a lesser extent CTM, there's no way in the world that town rides bad logic to good decisions the way it did. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Anyway, Crusher was town MVP. He kept his sh*t together, while CTM waffled a lot, and you and LK tried to out-spazz each other. Without Crusher, and to a lesser extent CTM, there's no way in the world that town rides bad logic to good decisions the way it did. 

you of all people should know i wasn't really waffling on 80, a rapid lynch of 80 might not have solidified pac as remaining scum in my head. if i came out locked in on 80 does pac really push lk that hard? I doubt it

I ****ed up the leelou thing badly for sure but i had the game clocked from your reveal on. I am completely comfortable with the spoot lynch cause it lead directly to 80 who lead to pac.

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

FWIW I knew if our argument kept up Scum would let us live till endgame and they did . Not sure if you were on the same page but I saw you hint at that. I did suspect you earlier CTM but as I started to drift further from you I kept up the heat as a diversion and I was hoping you would pick up on that. GG

Eh, you PM'ed me that you quit. Don't try and spin it as a tactic now.

1 hour ago, StraightCash said:

Just want to say that I had Pac and Ape on D1, IM BACK BITCHES

Welcome. :)

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Just read the scum thread and you guys will never ever get my play style, that much is evident. Its also good for me.

How many times do I have to drive CTM nuts for people to catch on ? Then I vote off all the scum in the end and that = blockhead ? LOL

I've also used this strategy in the past with APE. Then voted others in the end.

Also you guys were a bit short sighted on the LK situation. All of us on the town side felt LK was being LK but you guys felt we were stupid for thinking along those lines. Guess not . Can't call people stupid when they are right now can you .

Only one who made sense was PAC stating "we should have offed him (LK) simply to get info and clear things up" in normal circumstances this is 100 % correct but what about LK's game is normal ?

people take things way to literally in this game when the key is deception.

GG guys and gals

PS as for my EMO that was real I hate being called stupid and an Idiot when people don't even understand the direction I'm taking my game. Its not all about calling people names as a defense. Ive done this before yet not one of you had the common sense to think maybe this bitch is doing it to us again.  

You're full of sh*t you baby... you PM'ed me about you quitting, after I was already dead scum. If now you're saying this was all a tactic, then you PM'ing me so that I could then relay the reality of your meltdown to my scum mates was outside the spirit of the game.

So which is it, did you quit, or cheat?

We weren't short-sighted on LK. We were saying that eventually lazy town will say "LK being LK" and he'll be scum. He's set himself up with fantastic meta to do whatever the **** he wants as scum. I hope I'm on his team when it happens. 

Do me a favor, don't insult me anymore. If these names are so cutting to you, then it shouldn't be so easy for you to say them to others. Hypocrite. 

Just now, CTM said:

you of all people should know i wasn't really waffling on 80, a rapid lynch of 80 might not have solidified pac as remaining scum in my head. if i came out locked in on 80 does pac really push lk that hard? I doubt it

I ****ed up the leelou thing badly for sure but i had the game clocked from your reveal on. I am completely comfortable with the spoot lynch cause it lead directly to 80 who lead to pac.

I gave you as much credit as I plan on giving you. I don't think we need to get into the semantics of when you really waffled and when you didn't. You played well, but at times you got flaky and it influenced others. Not Crusher, he was MVP.

80 was ready to call it a game when Crusher opened D3? with a solitary vote on him. He was just "on".

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I gave you as much credit as I plan on giving you. I don't think we need to get into the semantics of when you really waffled and when you didn't. You played well, but at times you got flaky and it influenced others. Not Crusher, he was MVP.

80 was ready to call it a game when Crusher opened D3? with a solitary vote on him. He was just "on".

I'm not arguing that crusher wasn't "on", he obviously was. I'm just surprised you didn't see through my "waffling" and/or are being petty enough to not tip your cap. Doesn't seem like you. You can give as little credit as you like, no worries here.

Just now, Lizard King said:

has anyone read the scum chat? do you need an air tank and a wet suit to navigate through all the tears in there?

not i, i can only imagine how we were somehow being dumb for not believing ape's reveal

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

I'm not arguing that crusher wasn't "on", he obviously was. I'm just surprised you didn't see through my "waffling" and/or are being petty enough to not tip your cap. Doesn't seem like you. You can give as little credit as you like, no worries here.

Yeah right, except that you're pestering me to give you proper credit. I tipped my cap to you several times in scum thread, and nothing I've said here says anything worse than you being the 2nd most important townie, you insecure ninny. 

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

not i, i can only imagine how we were somehow being dumb for not believing ape's reveal

oh, there's a lot of dumb things this town did... and somehow prevailed in spite of them... it happens sometimes. like I said, Crusher and you basically held it together.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

oh, there's a lot of dumb things this town did... and somehow prevailed in spite of them... it happens sometimes. like I said, Crusher and you basically held it together.

You think from a scum perspective it was good to lynch suspected SK/3rd party on D1? If this game was getting 2 kills/night you would have been in a way better position.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yeah right, except that you're pestering me to give you proper credit. I tipped my cap to you several times in scum thread, and nothing I've said here says anything worse than you being the 2nd most important townie, you insecure ninny. 

Not insecure at all, I just normally think that we get on each other's case a lot but generally see when the other is doing things to maneuver in thread rather expressing their true ideas. Neither of us play a direct game and I was surprised you bought my waffling, I was doing things to try and stay alive and bait other people and the whole time thinking ape is probably warning them lol

As I said though, I think your reveal was great and gave you major props for it. Had you nk'd me N2 it probably would've been the best scum reveal of all time ;) 

17 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

You think from a scum perspective it was good to lynch suspected SK/3rd party on D1? If this game was getting 2 kills/night you would have been in a way better position.

Totally agree with you, and I want to say this came up in the thread... but the way we dug into each other on D1, wasn't really any other way to play that. Plus, you probably would have shot me N1 so you could peacock around and talk about how you got me. :)

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Totally agree with you, and I want to say this came up in the thread... but the way we dug into each other on D1, wasn't really any other way to play that. Plus, you probably would have shot me N1 so you could peacock around and talk about how you got me. :)

that is 100% true, it was the only play. Plus i would've converted him to town n1, where he still would've shot you but now been town with me and him both confirmed

killing brett day  1 and cop n1 was a great start

17 minutes ago, CTM said:

Not insecure at all, I just normally think that we get on each other's case a lot but generally see when the other is doing things to maneuver in thread rather expressing their true ideas. Neither of us play a direct game and I was surprised you bought my waffling, I was doing things to try and stay alive and bait other people and the whole time thinking ape is probably warning them lol

As I said though, I think your reveal was great and gave you major props for it. Had you nk'd me N2 it probably would've been the best scum reveal of all time ;) 

Yea, I know all that. I'm not slighting anything you did... you're being sensitive, like Smash has gotten to you... I said Crusher was the rock, you waffled a bit, meaning "a bit". There were things you were doing that were clear maneuvers and then things you were doing that I felt was genuine unsureness, which is natural. Crusher was so efficient in his decisions that it really helped a town being led by you, LK and Smash. I think you had to fight me, then fight smash, and it showed up as a bit of weariness for you.

You played great, I've said it already.

Tell me I'm wrong though.. Crusher was on point. The best scum hunting I've seen him do in forever. It's like he knew the setup in some cases. Just trying to give credit where it's due and it's like you're bitching me out for complimenting him. Give it a rest.

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

that is 100% true, it was the only play. Plus i would've converted him to town n1, where he still would've shot you but now been town with me and him both confirmed

killing brett day  1 and cop n1 was a great start

The real tragedy of this game was me not hammering AVM. Had I done so, it improves the numbers for us, and I probably tell scum to shoot the mod-confirmed townie (you) to get him out of my hair. 

Because my play required two mislynches, I was trying too hard to engender townie vibes by not hammering AVM and instead insisting on more suspects being in my result set.

I had to make my reveal when I did though, it was more fun, and frankly... I knew I was going to get run up again. I just wish I hadn't said anything about the amount of scum in the game, that was the achilles for it... I over-thought my details to the point where I stopped looking at them like a townie might.

So yea, I put the loss on me. My fake didn't work, I missed the AVM hammer, and that turned the tide.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Tell me I'm wrong though.. Crusher was on point. The best scum hunting I've seen him do in forever. It's like he knew the setup in some cases. Just trying to give credit where it's due and it's like you're bitching me out for complimenting him. Give it a rest.

nah dude, i agree crusher was a rock, i was reacting to the waffling remark. At no point on the last 2 days was i seriously considering voting anyone but 80 and pac. Crusher's conviction on Lk helped prevent any second guessing for me on lk vs pac, for sure

I fumbled the leelou thing badly, and lead the spoot lynch that was ultimately wrong and put town at lylo. I'm fine being criticized for thigns i actually did and know i screwed those 2 up

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The real tragedy of this game was me not hammering AVM. Had I done so, it improves the numbers for us, and I probably tell scum to shoot the mod-confirmed townie (you) to get him out of my hair. 

Because my play required two mislynches, I was trying too hard to engender townie vibes by not hammering AVM and instead insisting on more suspects being in my result set.

I had to make my reveal when I did though, it was more fun, and frankly... I knew I was going to get run up again. I just wish I hadn't said anything about the amount of scum in the game, that was the achilles for it... I over-thought my details to the point where I stopped looking at them like a townie might.

So yea, I put the loss on me. My fake didn't work, I missed the AVM hammer, and that turned the tide.

yeah, if you came out with 4 scum in your analysis i'd have been less adamant you were scum for sure.

Still, there should be no shame in your game it was a ballsy play and nearly worked, also was set up perfectly to get town to give 2 mislynches for a scum vitory, and knowing there was no cop to out you, it was a good strategy. 

I was impressed for sure. Plus you made the game fun, as much as I didn't like wasting my weekend arguing with you, ti was good to be invested in a game again and that's because of you

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

nah dude, i agree crusher was a rock, i was reacting to the waffling remark. At no point on the last 2 days was i seriously considering voting anyone but 80 and pac. Crusher's conviction on Lk helped prevent any second guessing for me on lk vs pac, for sure

I fumbled the leelou thing badly, and lead the spoot lynch that was ultimately wrong and put town at lylo. I'm fine being criticized for thigns i actually did and know i screwed those 2 up

You don't seem fine being criticized about anything today... can we talk about Smash now?

If he's spinning his emo quit as "tactics to stay alive", then why is he PMing me as dead scum to help sell it? That's cheating to me.

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

i really would have never let you live it down, so it was probably for the greater good.

2 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

i really would have never let you live it down, so it was probably for the greater good.

:)

Bonus points on ID'ing me on D1. The stuff I was saying about me nailing scum D1 was legit, I've had a good run of picking up on things early... we've lynched far more scum on D1 than we ever used to, and I've helped towards that... BUT, then I usually spin myself into so many knots that by D3 I'm useless. 

Playing this game as a Dad has been different. The ebb and flow of exhaustion and attention span is detrimental to how I process the puzzle... that's why I think I do well on D1, everything is fresh. When the game stretches out across a work week, forget it... my priorities get in the way.

Btw, Crusher was so good this game, you can see in the scum thread that I was convinced/paranoid that he was some kind of super powered up role where he was doc PLUS a watcher/tracker.  It seemed realistic given that JiF was modding the game AND how well Crusher was reading the game.  I was asking other team members to submit the kills as a result until it finally made no sense. 

Town should send him a gift basket of bacon, with the basket itself made of bacon and sprinkled with bacon bits.  He was mother-f*ckin fat Stephen Curry out there.

GG everyone! It made for quite a read. Wish I wouldn't have stopped following the game mid game.... I kinda figured town was losing anyway. Shows how much i know lol

Hope my random interludes weren't a pain. But I'm glad I didn't play cause I'm pretty sure I would have made a mess of things. I was totally eating up what Ape was selling so... heh. 

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

GG everyone! It made for quite a read. Wish I wouldn't have stopped following the game mid game.... I kinda figured town was losing anyway. Shows how much i know lol

Hope my random interludes weren't a pain. But I'm glad I didn't play cause I'm pretty sure I would have made a mess of things. I was totally eating up what Ape was selling so... heh. 

You've never repped me so much :)

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You don't seem fine being criticized about anything today... can we talk about Smash now?

If he's spinning his emo quit as "tactics to stay alive", then why is he PMing me as dead scum to help sell it? That's cheating to me.

Agree with that completely, but i think it was legit..

I was legit pissed at him, at first i thought we were playing footsie to stay alive but at some point i thought he was really coming after me and it was exhausting after just spending all weekend arguing with you. 

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Your interjections into the game were most welcome.  Increased the entertainment level for sure.  It did confuse me sometimes early on though, because I thought you were playing.  lol.  But that was only because I was scum and was skimming the details anyways, it wasn't an actual problem at all.

Just now, CTM said:

Agree with that completely, but i think it was legit..

I was legit pissed at him, at first i thought we were playing footsie to stay alive but at some point i thought he was really coming after me and it was exhausting after just spending all weekend arguing with you. 

Yea, I was tired/stressed for real after that weekend. When my wife gives me grief, it's usually for a good reason. She doesn't like me to get consumed with conflict the way this game requires at times, or at least, the way I play it.

My next game I'm going to try and pilot a new style. You exposed a scum tell of mine to me, so I'm thinking it's time to work on my meta, and also time to find a better balance between playing and everything else.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Yea, I was tired/stressed for real after that weekend. When my wife gives me grief, it's usually for a good reason. She doesn't like me to get consumed with conflict the way this game requires at times, or at least, the way I play it.

My next game I'm going to try and pilot a new style. You exposed a scum tell of mine to me, so I'm thinking it's time to work on my meta, and also time to find a better balance between playing and everything else.

^^^ Will still lead in postcount by 75 posts.

:)

Archived