Daredevil Mafia

JustInFudge

I don't know that Daredevil being evil makes any sense, atleast not based on season 1. (i've not read the comics) Further, the fact that he was third party vig, ie, doesn't win with town, woudl suggest he was already borderline evil. 

I do feel like ape floating this was intentional for someone to pick it up and run with it.

Shut up hippie.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Ape still doesn't think Brett was scumhunting?  LOL.  Dude was a 3rd-party vig (basically SK, since he didn't know he could get turned to town).  Only in Ape's ego-driven brain is it possible for Brett to go as hard as he did after Ape thinking that Ape was town.  What purpose would that serve?  Does Ape think he was a legitimate threat to Brett?

SK's either try to stay hidden or they try to play hard as townies to get rid of scum threats that could kill them.  I have not really seen a 3rd possible strategy in play unless someone can point out some example(s) otherwise. 

Only lucid thought Ape has presented regarding the situation is the possibility that scum could convert Brett.  But I don't know the source material well enough to say if there's much validity to that.  If CTM is actually scum who could have converted Brett, then he is playing this all brilliantly.  But I doubt that is the case here.

Oh good, you're running with CTM's inability the observe facts.

The entire premise of what you're pushing here is rooted in something that didnt' happen. He didn't come after me. He was going after Pac, Leelou and someone else, I'd have to check now. IF the logic is "brett was scum hunting", then the conclusion would be to go after those he hunted early when he was supposedly hunting, not the person that cased him and he had to retaliate to. His counter to me was self-preservation.

The fundamental flaw in all of this is that people are voting me for what Brett, a non-town player, might have done, and forgetting that he could have still be completely wrong.

Blind leading the stupid.

I don't know that Daredevil being evil makes any sense, atleast not based on season 1. (i've not read the comics) Further, the fact that he was third party vig, ie, doesn't win with town, woudl suggest he was already borderline evil. 

I do feel like ape floating this was intentional for someone to pick it up and run with it.

No, DD wasn't going to get converted to evil. It was intentional. I'm trying to reset some of my reads here... 

this exchange is ridiculous. We're to believe Ape really thought he had been lynched, even though he's only 1/2 way there?

My guess, he played the am I dead yet card so he could float in that line about laughing in my face (implying he thinks he might be dead and is about to be revealed as town) 

BS

I'm fishing. Like the theory about DD going evil. I'm toying with people, to see if what I get... I fake voted AVM too, but the girls both posted vote counts right after I did it and made it a moot exercise. 

Nothing gets by you. Except the fact that you're wrong.

Now, accuse me of not scum hunting again... while I continue to do so, and you continue to force your stupidity on others.

Shut up hippie.

If CTM is town, he's way off his game.... his man crush on Brett had him swallowing bad logic like it was his Friday night date, and now he's gone full Lizzie King obsessing over everything I do, to the point where he's blowing up reaction tests rather than observing, like you'd normally expect him to.

If CTM is town, he's way off his game.... his man crush on Brett had him swallowing bad logic like it was his Friday night date, and now he's gone full Lizzie King obsessing over everything I do, to the point where he's blowing up reaction tests rather than observing, like you'd normally expect him to.

Man crush on brett? wtf lol

The thinking you are dead haha i will laugh in your face thing.. What is the possible reaction test there?

also.. i think you are dirty, hence I'm not going to view anything you do as scum hunting, rather it will be viewed through the lens of assuming you are scum trying to save your ass

Jesus Christ. I've been going back over the whole thread as much as I could all day and I'm barely up to page 20. ****, this is going to take forever.

If legit, reading that far back is admirable but I wouldn't recommend as a noob

1) You don't know what you are looking for yet tbh

2) It's liable to feel like work, which will discourage you from future games.

I'm not discouraged at all. I just should've been paying closer attention sooner. Would have made it easier. And I don't know what to look for really, but as I get further into this game--and future games--it'll become easier because I'll have a better sense. Additionally, I want to actually develop my own reads and have my own reasoning for voting one way or the other, instead of just following someone else. I do have some of my own, and while they may be wrong and built off of flawed, misinterpreted, or over-thought logic, at least I can claim they're my own. It's better than saying "This person makes sense, so I'm going to vote their way", when nearly everyone seems like they're making sense at one point, especially if you don't look hard enough. Anyone could be a liar, and if they seem legit, it could be because they are just that good.

I'm not discouraged at all. I just should've been paying closer attention sooner. Would have made it easier. And I don't know what to look for really, but as I get further into this game--and future games--it'll become easier because I'll have a better sense. Additionally, I want to actually develop my own reads and have my own reasoning for voting one way or the other, instead of just following someone else. I do have some of my own, and while they may be wrong and built off of flawed, misinterpreted, or over-thought logic, at least I can claim they're my own. It's better than saying "This person makes sense, so I'm going to vote their way", when nearly everyone seems like they're making sense at one point, especially if you don't look hard enough. Anyone could be a liar, and if they seem legit, it could be because they are just that good.

yeah, just saying that will come in time. If you are town, once setup is revealed you'll learn a lot, who was a clueless town, who was scum manipulating, who had good reads, or bad ones, etc..

Man crush on brett? wtf lol

The thinking you are dead haha i will laugh in your face thing.. What is the possible reaction test there?

also.. i think you are dirty, hence I'm not going to view anything you do as scum hunting, rather it will be viewed through the lens of assuming you are scum trying to save your ass

You fawned over Brett when he first started playing, same way you used to with Hess. You get super gay over some of these guys... and grossly over-estimate their ability level in the game as a result.

Reaction test: don't know, I don't sit in a lab and devise this stuff, I just throw it out there, see how people react and then weigh it out. 

You yourself said you think I'm dirty, but not 100%, so it seems illogical that you'd basically force yourself to view everything I do as dirty, you are forfeiting the only true tool we have as townies which is to weigh statements and behavior against both scum and town logic. If all you're doing is convincing yourself, and others, that everything I do is scummy, then you are no better than Lizzie when he plays and inevitably spends all game locked on me... or Brett, who basically took everyting I said and turned it scummy, like I said to him "the sky is blue". 

So yea, you're basically playing like I did when I first started doing mafia, if you're town. Myopic is what Slats used to call it.

You fawned over Brett when he first started playing, same way you used to with Hess. You get super gay over some of these guys... and grossly over-estimate their ability level in the game as a result.

Reaction test: don't know, I don't sit in a lab and devise this stuff, I just throw it out there, see how people react and then weigh it out. 

You yourself said you think I'm dirty, but not 100%, so it seems illogical that you'd basically force yourself to view everything I do as dirty, you are forfeiting the only true tool we have as townies which is to weigh statements and behavior against both scum and town logic. If all you're doing is convincing yourself, and others, that everything I do is scummy, then you are no better than Lizzie when he plays and inevitably spends all game locked on me... or Brett, who basically took everyting I said and turned it scummy, like I said to him "the sky is blue". 

So yea, you're basically playing like I did when I first started doing mafia, if you're town. Myopic is what Slats used to call it.

You are insane. I think Hess is good because I can't read the mutha****er, like at all. he's also made some good plays as as scum and can usually read me well. 

Brett I was happy to see come aboard because he was a logical player and was new and seemed to have potential to be a solid addition. Only you could make these things gay, homo

And I never said I'm forcing anything, I said I viewed everything through the lens of you being scum, which influences my interpretation.

Also, "save my ass"? 

If my motives were to get out of trouble, then I'd purely be voting the next biggest train. Instead, I'm actually scum hunting. 

Whatever though, the sky is blue, amiright?

Like when you voted me? And then AVM, I believe?

You are insane. I think Hess is good because I can't read the mutha****er, like at all. he's also made some good plays as as scum and can usually read me well. 

Brett I was happy to see come aboard because he was a logical player and was new and seemed to have potential to be a solid addition. Only you could make these things gay, homo

And I never said I'm forcing anything, I said I viewed everything through the lens of you being scum, which influences my interpretation.

You are gay for Brett and Hess. 

We've all known it for a very long time, you wouldn't believe some of the PMs I've gotten about it.

As for the bold, you are getting into semantics. It's pathetic.

If you're town, your play has disgressed dramatically.

Like when you voted me? And then AVM, I believe?

Hahahaha... I fake voted AVM, duh. Straight from your playbook.

My vote on you came AFTER I was the first one to rationalize your reveal as legit. So... think about why I may have voted you, after declaring I believed you.

You suck at this dude.

You are gay for Brett and Hess. 

We've all known it for a very long time, you wouldn't believe some of the PMs I've gotten about it.

As for the bold, you are getting into semantics. It's pathetic.

If you're town, your play has disgressed dramatically.

yes, if you keep telling me that i am playing poorly I'm sure to unvote you cause insecure

yes, if you keep telling me that i am playing poorly I'm sure to unvote you cause insecure

No, I'm banking on your insecurity to work the other way... like you need to prove to me that you won't unvote. I want you to keep voting me, stay wrong until the very end... the only thing better than stupid, is bitterly stubborn and stupid.

Like I said, you're already better at this game than me and LK. Keep doing you.

caught up after hitting the gym..  Im getting my swoll back on.

as much as I'd like to obliterate CTM his stupid reveal rings true.  it was definitely premature though as if I were him I would have waited to see who started making bogus cases on me.  as soon as he said vig "whisperer" I knew JiF dreamed up that role while riding his trike to 7-11.  so stupid.

I'm still down to lay the hammer of hammers on that stupid ape.  he's gone full tard since about page 15.

I want to run Hess up to see how he reacts.  he's quite easy to read.

I'm not sure why but I don't have a strong opinion on AVM..  I don't really see what everyone is getting worked up about.

I could actually see Leelou being dirty given her infatuation with Verb.  It was obvious to me he was rolled given how poorly he was playing so Leelou had to see the same thing.

Smash is back to hiding after a raucous day 1.  I would still vote there.

Crush seems to have really stepped it up after getting called out.  Usually indicative of his style as scum when he gets minimal pressure.

Spooge is still telling us how confused he is and nothing more.

cautious 80 is cautious.  I'd be down to lynch.

I go back and read.  Not bad.  Just dont read Ape or Lizzy and its a breeze.  Apes smaller post are very good but the second he gets to a second paragraph?  Fuck that nonsense.

as much as I'd like to obliterate CTM his stupid reveal rings true.  it was definitely premature though as if I were him I would have waited to see who started making bogus cases on me.  as soon as he said vig "whisperer" I knew JiF dreamed up that role while riding his trike to 7-11.  so stupid.

I'm still down to lay the hammer of hammers on that stupid ape.  he's gone full tard since about page 15.

I'm not sure why but I don't have a strong opinion on AVM..  I don't really see what everyone is getting worked up about.

I could actually see Leelou being dirty given her infatuation with Verb.  It was obvious to me he was rolled given how poorly he was playing so Leelou had to see the same thing.

Crush seems to have really stepped it up after getting called out.  Usually indicative of his style as scum when he gets minimal pressure.

Holy crap you are more useless than a condom at a Roller Derby. 

cellphones-at-the-gym.jpg

He's done something in each of the day phases to make me lean scum on him.  D1 it was his disappearing act, only to plop a vote on Smash for basically no good reason.  Today, it was that post he made about how he would have "shot Verbal too".  Talk about being transparent.  If he's town he's playing an awful, awful game.  I'd be willing to get to him eventually, but first we have to deal with the Ape, and unfortunately also AVM's 2nd meltdown. 

Honestly not feeling very meltdown-y. New member of the League followed the Ape on to me, which was a fake vote and then Ape votes him...pure chaos.

Hess seem normal to you?

jelly +steroids 

Archived