Daredevil Mafia

JustInFudge

dude, the quote in my signature was from the game you were scum and were exactly in this position. The last game or the second to last game. NONSENSE

Why do you keep referencing games from last season? Why do you assume I wouldn't argue the same way, no matter my alignment, because I dunno: my personality.

How about this game? How about logic? How about that little old "I'm always pragmatic" bit you're always championing when you're town?

Anyway, good job, you did what I swear by as scum... you keep the dummies alive, and used them to do your bidding. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another point.. why won't he die?

Scum know town sensor is a role that can devastate their whole team, why wouldn't someone stick their neck out and hammer him if he's town????

Are we to believe that that the entire scum team is already on Ape's train???

Huh?

Of course scum should try and appear as town, that's the object of the game from scum's perspective.

But you have to remember they aren't town, so they occasionally make slips like this. Or they get exposed trying to be manipulative in other ways, cause they aren't telling the truth and they don't believe a word of what they are saying.

Ape is contorting his story to cover all the holes and it's just become a big god damn mess, he started off saying that you or AVM 100% had to be scum, now that is no longer true, but I am probably scum cause I don't believe him, and smash too..  I mean come on, guys ****ign all over the place cause he's full of sh*t, hammer the pig

Whoa, whoa, whoa... did you even read my reveal?

I said that based on my assumption of there being 3. I qualified that, because it was the right thing to do. I still think it is true, because I still think there are 3. You can't paint this as a lie because you disagree with it.

YOU are the one that introduced the concept of 4 scum, in which case all of the math has to be refactored. You didn't do the math though.

YOU are also the one that introduced the threat of LYLO, but the reality is, if you believe there are 4 scum, and you are town, then the right play is not to lynch me but to make me vet myself, and to lynch from the constraints of my reveal assuming that I'd have bussed teammates to protect myself.

Or, you could just be scum and shout "LIAR LIAR" and put crap spin on everything until the town acquiesces to the idea you're pushing that a townie would never try so hard to make sure he doesn't lose the game for the town, because that's implicit in what you're hurling back at me.... and you know damn well that's not how I roll.

good coaching

no wifom.

town doesn't let uncertainty slip into their alignment like you just did

Lame. I always do, and always have. I am empathy-driven, when I write sh*t out, I always factor how it will be considered by others. When I write out the scenarios for if I'm lying and if I'm not, always written with the same considerations.

You are not empathy-driven, we've known our personalities differ in this regard for a long time.

Why do you keep referencing games from last season? Why do you assume I wouldn't argue the same way, no matter my alignment, because I dunno: my personality.

How about this game? How about logic? How about that little old "I'm always pragmatic" bit you're always championing when you're town?

Anyway, good job, you did what I swear by as scum... you keep the dummies alive, and used them to do your bidding. 

Yes, i'm scum now based on the case of "i don't believe your claim"

As to why I refeence games from last season, cause you are sitting here telling people this isn't how you act as scum, when I know that this is exactly how you acted as scum just 2-3 games ago.

Stop talking about your meta if you don't want me pointing out where you are fitting scum meta very well.

Another point.. why won't he die?

Scum know town sensor is a role that can devastate their whole team, why wouldn't someone stick their neck out and hammer him if he's town????

Are we to believe that that the entire scum team is already on Ape's train???

Pac is on my train, he's likely scum.

CTM and Smash are on my train, one of whom is likely scum.

Spoot and AVM are not, one of whom is likely scum. If Spoot is scum, then you just told him NOT to vote me just to introduce this wifom to save your asses, because there's more game to play... Maybe I was right and there are only 3 scum. So if town mislynches, that would make it what... 9 total, 6/3. NK tonight makes it 5/3.

Yeah, this makes far more sense... eliminate me, and it leads to a scenario where it's 5/3 and town still has to choose right between you and Smash, then AVM and spoot, because my role isn't around to help decipher any new info. It also removes me via lynch, so you can better anticipate where the Doc will protect. Ensuring great probability of success for the NK.

It's the only chance scum has, because if town follows my plan, then we basically can pick of scum 1, 2, 3.

This explains why you're saying sh*t like "because I don't believe you that makes me scum", you're already preparing to backpedal out of mislynching me.

Alright, fine. I figured it out. I feel far less wound up now...

Yes, i'm scum now based on the case of "i don't believe your claim"

As to why I refeence games from last season, cause you are sitting here telling people this isn't how you act as scum, when I know that this is exactly how you acted as scum just 2-3 games ago.

Stop talking about your meta if you don't want me pointing out where you are fitting scum meta very well.

What? All you've used this game to case me is meta.

You brought it up.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... did you even read my reveal?

I said that based on my assumption of there being 3. I qualified that, because it was the right thing to do. I still think it is true, because I still think there are 3. You can't paint this as a lie because you disagree with it.

YOU are the one that introduced the concept of 4 scum, in which case all of the math has to be refactored. You didn't do the math though.

YOU are also the one that introduced the threat of LYLO, but the reality is, if you believe there are 4 scum, and you are town, then the right play is not to lynch me but to make me vet myself, and to lynch from the constraints of my reveal assuming that I'd have bussed teammates to protect myself.

Or, you could just be scum and shout "LIAR LIAR" and put crap spin on everything until the town acquiesces to the idea you're pushing that a townie would never try so hard to make sure he doesn't lose the game for the town, because that's implicit in what you're hurling back at me.... and you know damn well that's not how I roll.

First off, I said 4 scum yesterday (Game day), which was way before your sh*tty reveal,  and you said no 3 (most likely cause you didn't want town to be overly cautious)

What I am saying now is that it would not be 3 scum vs cop, sensor, doc, 3rd party vig and vig  converter and 5 vt.. that it is way to unblaanced and directly contradicts the game we just played.

You know this is a hole in your reveal so you are only now contorting your story to say that I must be lying, that there is no way the 3rd party vig coudl've been turned town cause you know it'd be unbalanced.

yesterday (game day), when you found the overwhelming evidence to support my reveal but hadn't yet decided on a fake claim.. this was not an issue for you as cop, doc, 3rd party vig who could be converted vs 3 scum is closer to balanced.

In short, you have changed your tune only after realizing that your claim makes things very unbalanced

Lame. I always do, and always have. I am empathy-driven, when I write sh*t out, I always factor how it will be considered by others. When I write out the scenarios for if I'm lying and if I'm not, always written with the same considerations.

You are not empathy-driven, we've known our personalities differ in this regard for a long time.

lol, no.

Yes, you are empathy driven yet take every opportunity you can to insult peoples intelligence, and most frequently smash who you know is sensitive about it.

it's not being empathy driven to call someone stupid and say even if you are right you used stupid means to arrive at this conclusion. Besides not being empathy driven, I don't see a town aligned person taking issue with it, or answer smash in that way. just don't

Pac is on my train, he's likely scum.

CTM and Smash are on my train, one of whom is likely scum.

Spoot and AVM are not, one of whom is likely scum. If Spoot is scum, then you just told him NOT to vote me just to introduce this wifom to save your asses, because there's more game to play... Maybe I was right and there are only 3 scum. So if town mislynches, that would make it what... 9 total, 6/3. NK tonight makes it 5/3.

Yeah, this makes far more sense... eliminate me, and it leads to a scenario where it's 5/3 and town still has to choose right between you and Smash, then AVM and spoot, because my role isn't around to help decipher any new info. It also removes me via lynch, so you can better anticipate where the Doc will protect. Ensuring great probability of success for the NK.

It's the only chance scum has, because if town follows my plan, then we basically can pick of scum 1, 2, 3.

This explains why you're saying sh*t like "because I don't believe you that makes me scum", you're already preparing to backpedal out of mislynching me.

noob scum tell.. zomg!1! the town will face certain doom if it doesn't believe me, all they need to do is do what i say and they are assured victory.

And just to be clear.. If you are town  and I am wrong, there is no backpedaling possible. I would be as wrong as wrong could be and would believe 100% I just cost town the game and would therefore be the single biggest factor in town loss. You could say I would be scum mvp in fact and i would not argue it

But I do not think I am wrong, I am pretty sure you are scum.

First off, I said 4 scum yesterday (Game day), which was way before your sh*tty reveal,  and you said no 3 (most likely cause you didn't want town to be overly cautious)

What I am saying now is that it would not be 3 scum vs cop, sensor, doc, 3rd party vig and vig  converter and 5 vt.. that it is way to unblaanced and directly contradicts the game we just played.

You know this is a hole in your reveal so you are only now contorting your story to say that I must be lying, that there is no way the 3rd party vig coudl've been turned town cause you know it'd be unbalanced.

yesterday (game day), when you found the overwhelming evidence to support my reveal but hadn't yet decided on a fake claim.. this was not an issue for you as cop, doc, 3rd party vig who could be converted vs 3 scum is closer to balanced.

In short, you have changed your tune only after realizing that your claim makes things very unbalanced

That's your narrative, and you're sticking to it. We get it... keep saying it, and eventually maybe you'll drown yourself out like I've done so many times to myself.

It's trash, but whatever... 

If the town opts to lynch me, it'll be based on a "hole" you have come up with based on speculation about the setup, not based on logic, or how I've played the entire game, real events, real posts, and the impossible nature of my reveal being fake and scaleable. I've done all I can, and I'm sort of okay with it now. 

I've come to the humbling conclusion that I can never expect the town to do what is right. I probably shouldn't have even revealed until I could guarantee at least 1 scum, but at the time, based on the assumptions that have been driving my play all game long... I did what I thought was most helpful. It's always easier for scum to paint what a townie does as dirty in end-game, because at the time the townie doesn't have all the information needed to avoid making wrong assumptions. Most of the players here, no matter how often they've played, never seem to remember this.

So, whatever, I've wasted far too much time on a losing endeavor. 

I tip my cap to you, if you're scum. You will have owned me 2 games in a row, by basically doing the same thing. Pot shots while I try too hard.

lol, no.

Yes, you are empathy driven yet take every opportunity you can to insult peoples intelligence, and most frequently smash who you know is sensitive about it.

it's not being empathy driven to call someone stupid and say even if you are right you used stupid means to arrive at this conclusion. Besides not being empathy driven, I don't see a town aligned person taking issue with it, or answer smash in that way. just don't

Being empathy driven doesn't mean I'm a nice guy.

I consider how others look at think about things, that's basic empathy.

Calling smash stupid is just something him and I do. Like you and I.... but sure, if you need to even spin this to reinforce your nonsense, it's fine. 

That's your narrative, and you're sticking to it. We get it... keep saying it, and eventually maybe you'll drown yourself out like I've done so many times to myself.

It's trash, but whatever... 

If the town opts to lynch me, it'll be based on a "hole" you have come up with based on speculation about the setup, not based on logic, or how I've played the entire game, real events, real posts, and the impossible nature of my reveal being fake and scaleable. I've done all I can, and I'm sort of okay with it now. 

I've come to the humbling conclusion that I can never expect the town to do what is right. I probably shouldn't have even revealed until I could guarantee at least 1 scum, but at the time, based on the assumptions that have been driving my play all game long... I did what I thought was most helpful. It's always easier for scum to paint what a townie does as dirty in end-game, because at the time the townie doesn't have all the information needed to avoid making wrong assumptions. Most of the players here, no matter how often they've played, never seem to remember this.

So, whatever, I've wasted far too much time on a losing endeavor. 

I tip my cap to you, if you're scum. You will have owned me 2 games in a row, by basically doing the same thing. Pot shots while I try too hard.

nonsense, it's easier for town to paint what scum does as dirty in end game, cause you know, it's actually dirty.. you gave the same emo rant last time too, yet town choose correctly and you were scum

But keep pointing out how everyone is stupid besides you, and how nobody tries but you.. very smart strategy the mafia genius is employing there

Being empathy driven doesn't mean I'm a nice guy.

I consider how others look at think about things, that's basic empathy.

Calling smash stupid is just something him and I do. Like you and I.... but sure, if you need to even spin this to reinforce your nonsense, it's fine. 

I understand what empathy driven is, and if you actually were you'd understand that smash is sensitive about it in a way that you and i aren't

nonsense, it's easier for town to paint what scum does as dirty in end game, cause you know, it's actually dirty.. you gave the same emo rant last time too, yet town choose correctly and you were scum

But keep pointing out how everyone is stupid besides you, and how nobody tries but you.. very smart strategy the mafia genius is employing there

No, not my philosophy. I bring this up every game going all the way back to when Dan schooled me in an end-game and she was crystal-clean, she was scum.

The cleaner people look late in games, the dirtier they tend to be.

Anyway, does calling people stupid and shaming them for laziness make me scum? If so, I've been scum every game for about 4 years.

I understand what empathy driven is, and if you actually were you'd understand that smash is sensitive about it in a way that you and i aren't

What does calling Smash names have to do with this? 

I put everything through a filter of how it is to scum vs. town. I try and consider it, and represent that thought process, in how I talk about things in the game. I always have.

It has nothing at all to do with name-calling. That's an accessory to the game, and irrelevant in the context of you suggesting I slipped. You've already got them convinced, seems desperate to be clinging to this extra log on the fire so hard. I don't slip.

I certainly wouldn't slip and admit to be scum, which is basically what you're implying. I wouldn't slip and make a reveal with holes in it. I wouldn't misinterpret my own fake results info, which is what I did with voting Hess... I mean, the level of complexity of this reveal, if fake, would have to be:

• come up with it on D1
  • engage in every bickerfest possible to avoid NK
  • begin bread crumbing it D2
  • don't reveal with it on D2 when you're at L2
  • continue to bicker to avoid NK
  • continue to breadcrumb it
  • misinterpret my own conclusions and lead off by voting Hess
  • reveal with it on D3 without pressure, so that people understand why I'm saying AVM or Spoot, and voting Hess
  • make sure the info presented doesn't immediately incriminate my team
  • make sure the info presented is scaleable to account for any other reveals by townies that can self-vet
  • make sure the info presented is scaleable to any new deaths

All of that, or:

• Ape is lying
  • Ape played like this last game
  • There's a hole in his reveal = speculation about balance and volume of roles in setup

My reveal takes a position, as townies should do. I assumed 3 scum, made that clear, and shared my strategy... but it's all there, and to anyone that takes the time, the assumptions I've made are brought up way earlier in the thread. You can effectively see the gears turning as I'm considering new events in the game relative to what I know having this role.

Or, they can just go with the lazy approach, which would be to act on impulse. That's putting far more stock in speculation about the setup, than in the unlikelihood that I could orchestrate such a complex reveal from the beginning of the game... when, mind you, a Sensor reveal wouldn't have made ANY sense whatsoever early on. 

That's really all there is left to say about it.

You've played well if you're scum. If you're town, then like LK and Smash, I'm just way too in your head... 

noob scum tell.. zomg!1! the town will face certain doom if it doesn't believe me, all they need to do is do what i say and they are assured victory.

Oh, I missed this bit of irony... You began your case on me with "ape is lying, we're at LYLO"

Hypocrite.

And just to be clear.. If you are town  and I am wrong, there is no backpedaling possible. I would be as wrong as wrong could be and would believe 100% I just cost town the game and would therefore be the single biggest factor in town loss. You could say I would be scum mvp in fact and i would not argue it

But I do not think I am wrong, I am pretty sure you are scum.

Such a silver tongued piece of crap... even here, you're setting it up as though you're town... the is preparation for when I flip town. I don't care if you'd argue it, the reality is accepting that you're "scum mvp" as a townie, suggests you are townie, and that's the position you'll try and take when I'm dead.

"pretty sure"

How much is pretty sure? Do you have information that helps support that percentage? Because based on my info and theory, we have a 50% chance of lynching scum between AVM and Spoot. So, Mr. Pragmatism... do you have something better than 50%? 

Or are you just going to abandon your logical meta completely for reasons I've already pounded into the dirt?

Yea.

Alrighty, ****, I'm getting like OCD with this game... just kill me so I can say I told you so, you ****.s

I don't remember indicating my role or myself were the only path to victory, as you did

Semantics. 

You were the first to introduce "doom" as a theme here. 

Anyway, you've gone to the trash end of arguments here... whatever it takes to keep me raging out I guess. 

Done.

No, not my philosophy. I bring this up every game going all the way back to when Dan schooled me in an end-game and she was crystal-clean, she was scum.

The cleaner people look late in games, the dirtier they tend to be.

Anyway, does calling people stupid and shaming them for laziness make me scum? If so, I've been scum every game for about 4 years.

We aren't talking about clean in terms of vote patterns. I am certainly not clean in that regard. We are talking about consistency and clarity of arguments made. You are flailing because your story is bs, and you are having to stretch and contort it to cover the bs

Do 1 thing for me. You said 3 scum and that I was tellign the truth about my role. So you thought, at a minimum, the line up was

Cop

Doc

Sensor

Vig converter

5 VT (and potentially more roles here)

vs

third party vig who both counts as town for end game scenarios even before converted (scum does not win with 2 town vs 1 third party vs 3 scum) AND presents a legitmate threat to scum at night

vs

3 scum

I don't see you thinking that is anywhere near balanced, I think that if you were sensor, you'd have known town was loaded and HAD to have assumed 4 scum. particularly considering you just played a 13 person game with 4 scum and a very lightly roled town.

it just doesn't add up ape.

Semantics. 

You were the first to introduce "doom" as a theme here. 

Anyway, you've gone to the trash end of arguments here... whatever it takes to keep me raging out I guess. 

Done.

Pointing out this is a possible end game play is not just semantically different then saying, scum's only hope is to lynch me because if town follow's me, we can eliminate scum 1,2,3.. which is basically what you said

you are full of sh*t

Such a silver tongued piece of crap... even here, you're setting it up as though you're town... the is preparation for when I flip town. I don't care if you'd argue it, the reality is accepting that you're "scum mvp" as a townie, suggests you are townie, and that's the position you'll try and take when I'm dead.

"pretty sure"

How much is pretty sure? Do you have information that helps support that percentage? Because based on my info and theory, we have a 50% chance of lynching scum between AVM and Spoot. So, Mr. Pragmatism... do you have something better than 50%? 

Or are you just going to abandon your logical meta completely for reasons I've already pounded into the dirt?

Yea.

Alrighty, ****, I'm getting like OCD with this game... just kill me so I can say I told you so, you ****.s

I am town, and you know I'm town. I'm not positioning anything.

You are accusing me of setting up a backpeddle. I'm explicitly stating there is no possible back pedal for me as I've dug in too deep.

If you are somehow town, I will make scum mvp my status for a month. how about that?

We aren't talking about clean in terms of vote patterns. I am certainly not clean in that regard. We are talking about consistency and clarity of arguments made. You are flailing because your story is bs, and you are having to stretch and contort it to cover the bs

Do 1 thing for me. You said 3 scum and that I was tellign the truth about my role. So you thought, at a minimum, the line up was

Cop

Doc

Sensor

Vig converter

5 VT (and potentially more roles here)

vs

third party vig who both counts as town for end game scenarios even before converted (scum does not win with 2 town vs 1 third party vs 3 scum) AND presents a legitmate threat to scum at night

vs

3 scum

I don't see you thinking that is anywhere near balanced, I think that if you were sensor, you'd have known town was loaded and HAD to have assumed 4 scum. particularly considering you just played a 13 person game with 4 scum and a very lightly roled town.

it just doesn't add up ape.

oy, one last time... at the time that you revealed is the context here, and that's what formed most of my assumptions:

• knew we had a cop, wondered immediately what scum roles could be out there that counter both cop and sensor
  • saw brett's role, assumed he'd be 3rd party all game, 13 players, 1 sk, 3 scum made basic sense
  • saw your role, assumed since brett could convert that there'd have to balance for scenario where brett doesn't get converted, and does,
  • came to the conclusion that scum team would have to be 3, but would be loaded with roles, that's how I would design it
  • viable roles I expect for scum: vests (too much shooting to not give them at least some basic protection), conversation ability of their own, or something parallel like a symp (I talked about scum converter at the time), role block (this made the most sense, and I think we're assuming there isn't one, which is a mistake... more on this in a bit), godfather, some sort of role finder
  • I didn't think they had all of those roles, but I definitely think some combination
  • Assuming primary villain is Fisk, he'd be loaded with ability I think, maybe GF and RB
  • Wesley, his right-hand man, would make sense as a role finder, because he's sort of the guy that does Fisk's snooping and dirty work
  • I don't know who would be symp, but Fisk pays off most of the cops and government, so the idea of a Fisk loyalist in the town makes sense for flavor

I didn't want to float all this theory crap into the thread, but it's where my mind has been centered with regards to the setup.

Sorry, I'm sure you'll just poke holes in it too now.

I am town, and you know I'm town. I'm not positioning anything.

You are accusing me of setting up a backpeddle. I'm explicitly stating there is no possible back pedal for me as I've dug in too deep.

If you are somehow town, I will make scum mvp my status for a month. how about that?

LOL, this is bush league.

I should have walked away from the computer when I said I was going to.

The funniest thing is that just like last time, Ape likely truly believes that town is stupid for not believing his bs. IN his mind his case has been so perfectly constructed, his claim so faux genuine that town would have to be idiots not to believe it.

I'd bet money he's in scum thread now calling everyone including me dumb for not buying his bs. Just too stupid to understand the sophistication of his lies.

lmao

Pointing out this is a possible end game play is not just semantically different then saying, scum's only hope is to lynch me because if town follow's me, we can eliminate scum 1,2,3.. which is basically what you said

you are full of sh*t

No, what I outlined, if right, is exactly that. I'm not shying away from it. I think it's correct. I've made very clear that this is the conclusion I've reached, and the parameters of that conclusion. You are the only one that keeps shifting it out of the context of the qualifiers I've offered, to make it seem scummy. 

If there are 3 scum, and my info is right, then my play should work. That's not a doom statement, it's a reinforcement of what I've been saying all along. You swooping in to scare create Ape paranoia with visions of LYLO and the most brilliant fake reveal ever... that's a doom statement. That's fear mongering.

I don't even know what end it serves that you're bringing this trash up. I know what I said, and I'm taken a position and will be accountable to it. You're acting like I'm running from stuff I've said, I'm not, but you keep spewing that narrative.

No, what I outlined, if right, is exactly that. I'm not shying away from it. I think it's correct. I've made very clear that this is the conclusion I've reached, and the parameters of that conclusion. You are the only one that keeps shifting it out of the context of the qualifiers I've offered, to make it seem scummy. 

If there are 3 scum, and my info is right, then my play should work. That's not a doom statement, it's a reinforcement of what I've been saying all along. You swooping in to scare create Ape paranoia with visions of LYLO and the most brilliant fake reveal ever... that's a doom statement. That's fear mongering.

I don't even know what end it serves that you're bringing this trash up. I know what I said, and I'm taken a position and will be accountable to it. You're acting like I'm running from stuff I've said, I'm not, but you keep spewing that narrative.

I've been pretty consistent in that i think you bungled this reveal? Not sure where the bolded is coming from, at all

And the point we are discussing here is that you are essentially telling town that your role is so valuable that 1) they will lose without it and 2) if they keep you alive there is a sure path to victory (and doc should protect you, i'm sure)

This is a very noobish scum tell

The funniest thing is that just like last time, Ape likely truly believes that town is stupid for not believing his bs. IN his mind his case has been so perfectly constructed, his claim so faux genuine that town would have to be idiots not to believe it.

I'd bet money he's in scum thread now calling everyone including me dumb for not buying his bs. Just too stupid to understand the sophistication of his lies.

lmao

Keep feeding the paranoia... 

giphy.gif

All you've got is a "hole" that you invented (not something I "overlooked", since I've been completely transparent and have qualified all of my theories) using speculation about the setup and the paranoia of people not wanting Ape to sneak one by them... nothing else, but it may work to your credit. I'm not pissed anymore... I can laugh about it.

Pat yourself on the back though, you ruined my ******* morning.

I've been pretty consistent in that i think you bungled this reveal? Not sure where the bolded is coming from, at all

And the point we are discussing here is that you are essentially telling town that your role is so valuable that 1) they will lose without it and 2) if they keep you alive there is a sure path to victory (and doc should protect you, i'm sure)

This is a very noobish scum tell

If you spin what I said, to this re-interpretation, sure it is.

You left out the part where I said "if there are 4 scum, like CTM says" then lynching me now is LYLO. That's fact. If there are 4 scum and you guys lynch me, you mislynch. So, yea, not lynching me now is the first step towards winning, because: basics.

Again, you're doing nothing but spinning sh*t all over the place. 

And no, you haven't been consistent at all... you first broken in saying I'm a liar. Then said you'd need to think about it the math of how I interpreted my info. Then when you're position gained traction you gradually worked your way to the "balanced roles" theme of your case against me. If I gave a sh*t, I'd probably go back and pull quotes showing how it evolved as you gained traction from others (namely Smash and LK). 

So no, you haven't been consistent. Will it matter? Probably not.

Archived