Junc - Azog Duke UNC Discussion

AzogtheDefiler

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only junc can rip on a non-revenue sport (a sport we don't even carry), then tout UNC's accomplishments in another non-revenue sport.  And in the process, have the gall to call someone else a "frontrunner" when he didn't go to UNC.

What a tool.

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Only junc can rip on a non-revenue sport (a sport we don't even carry), then tout UNC's accomplishments in another non-revenue sport.  And in the process, have the gall to call someone else a "frontrunner" when he didn't go to UNC.

What a tool.

The best part about the whole frontrunner schtick he's doing with me, is that he's calling me (and my family) front runners for being UConn fans in the early to mid-90s when they were still at least 5 years away from their first championship. Oh, also, we were cheering for the school because we actually attended UConn. How frontrunnerish of us. 

27 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

@greenwichjetfan @Jetsfan80 idk what you guys are so riled up about. I quite enjoy the image of the middle-aged non-alum message board poster being a very excited little fangirl about the UNC field hockey and lacrosse teams.

Not to mention knocking someone about baseball, the 3rd or 4th biggest sport at the collegiate level.  Must have something to do with the fact that UNC missed the tournament entirely this season.  Had they been getting ready to play in the Super Regionals at this point, he'd be pointing to that right now. 

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What a tool.

you are a bright man.

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

The best part about the whole frontrunner schtick he's doing with me, is that he's calling me (and my family) front runners for being UConn fans in the early to mid-90s when they were still at least 5 years away from their first championship. Oh, also, we were cheering for the school because we actually attended UConn. How frontrunnerish of us. 

you ARE frontunners, you ADMITTED it.  You started "following" them when they became a big time program and were FF caliber.

52 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

@greenwichjetfan @Jetsfan80 idk what you guys are so riled up about. I quite enjoy the image of the middle-aged non-alum message board poster being a very excited little fangirl about the UNC field hockey and lacrosse teams.

speaking of frontunners, guy who NEVER posted a signle thing about 'Nova until they started getting on that tourney run.

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not to mention knocking someone about baseball, the 3rd or 4th biggest sport at the collegiate level.  Must have something to do with the fact that UNC missed the tournament entirely this season.  Had they been getting ready to play in the Super Regionals at this point, he'd be pointing to that right now. 

NO ONE CARES about college baseball, it's lower than the WNBA.  Carolina has an excellent baseball program though, you would think you would know this.  I root for all Carolina sports.  Thank you for asking.

I love when you guys try to gang up on me, it's cute.  You are the 3 stooges of the Jetnation forums

giphy.gif

49 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I haven't seen an internet buffoon so disliked and so constantly wrong about everything since Donald Trump

200.gif

the 3 stooges disliking me means very little but thank you for always thinking of me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

Junc...get ready for the Duke express to run through the NCAA...again.

again? when has that happened? the last time it happened was 1999 and they blew the title game.  they won in 2010 and 2015 but they weren't some unstoppable force, they were very fortunate things broke perfectly each time(and UK got picked off before they had to play each time).  when is the last time duke was a preseason favorite? probably 2006, they don't tend to do well when they are preseason #1(outside of 1992).

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

2 of UNC's national titles occurred because of horrid mistakes by the opponent (pass to the wrong team in 1982; Chris Webber's timeout in 1993).  Kind of funny that a UNC fan would call anyone else's national titles occurring because of good fortune.

they pressured opponents into horrid mistakes.  The Mich game Webber had travelled badly after the second FT was missed by Sullivan, the refs missed it(even the player admit it in the fab 5 documentary).  the Heels then trapped Webber w/ nowhere to go and fouls to give and the Heels had the lead in both games.  

You guys got creampuff roads to title games in '10 and '15(at least the '15 team was really talented, the '10 team winning was an embarrassment for CBB as your bigs did nothing but intentionally foul and get away w/ it all the while playing w/ a player who should have been ineligible) and had to beta a mid major in '10.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

again? when has that happened? the last time it happened was 1999 and they blew the title game.  they won in 2010 and 2015 but they weren't some unstoppable force, they were very fortunate things broke perfectly each time(and UK got picked off before they had to play each time).  when is the last time duke was a preseason favorite? probably 2006, they don't tend to do well when they are preseason #1(outside of 1992).

UConn beats duke, and duke "blew it".

Nova beats unc*, and some wannabe who didnt even go to the school spams a jets messageboard to claim that unc* got robbed.

19 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

UConn beats duke, and duke "blew it".

Nova beats unc*, and some wannabe who didnt even go to the school spams a jets messageboard to claim that unc* got robbed.

do I hear a frontunner who only became a UConn fan in the mid 90s?

that duke team was one of the best I have ever seen, they steamrolled through the competition and had a lead late against UConn.  That doesn't mean the UConn team wasn't a great team but the duke team was better(just as Carolina was better than 'Nova) but sometimes the better team doesn't win(in most years the best team doesn't win).  Outside of the great duke '92 team this was the best duke team ever.  They blew it.

19 hours ago, nyjunc said:

do I hear a frontunner who only became a UConn fan in the mid 90s?

that duke team was one of the best I have ever seen, they steamrolled through the competition and had a lead late against UConn.  That doesn't mean the UConn team wasn't a great team but the duke team was better(just as Carolina was better than 'Nova) but sometimes the better team doesn't win(in most years the best team doesn't win).  Outside of the great duke '92 team this was the best duke team ever.  They blew it.

Whatever, I wouldn't know the difference between "blowing it" and getting beat.

UConn has never lost a basketball championship game in men or womens game, and has more championships in both the mens and womens game than any other program over the course of my 30 year life.

I'm good. 

46 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

no one cares about women's basketball.

Lol I call you out for constantly quoting me, and you decide to respond to me without quoting. 

Dance, puppet.

UCONN has never lost a mens championship game in college basketaball, and has more than any other program over the past 30 years.

And unc* lost yet another one...even with all their cheating. Must suck to be a unc fan. But yet, at least you didn't go there! 

3 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Now, just imagine if you actually went there and weren't some wannabe! Oh the glory you may have actually felt!

you should know, it's a little like how you felt when watching UConn win in 1999 except I had followed Carolina much longer before seeing a title.

20 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

when were you a student at UNC?  oh

He acts as if I'm a winner picker because I started following UConn in the early '90s. Problem with that is that UConn didn't win anything till '99; and I started following UConn because I'm from CT and I had family at UConn, and I was finally old enough (age 6/7/8) to actually follow anything at all.

And he tries to throw a dig at me for actually going to the school I follow at root for. Lol. God forbid. Just because he didn't go to unc, doesn't mean we all have to be winner pickers of schools that we didn't attend. 

22 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

He acts as if I'm a winner picker because I started following UConn in the early '90s. Problem with that is that UConn didn't win anything till '99; and I started following UConn because I'm from CT and I had family at UConn, and I was finally old enough (age 6/7/8) to actually follow anything at all.

And he tries to throw a dig at me for actually going to the school I follow at root for. Lol. God forbid. Just because he didn't go to unc, doesn't mean we all have to be winner pickers of schools that we didn't attend. 

what you fail to realize is that YOU called me a bandwagoner and made fun of me(as if I care what you think).  I just threw it back at you when YOU admitted you became a UConn fan in the mid 90s.  you later went to the school but you became a fan when the program became good.  I couldn't care less what team you root for, what school you went to but bashing me for the same things you did is comical and will be called out.  

If you guys want to keep this up I'll play along, if you actually want to have some fun and just discuss college basketball I'd love to do that too.  you guys can make the choice.

16 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

what you fail to realize is that YOU called me a bandwagoner and made fun of me(as if I care what you think).  I just threw it back at you when YOU admitted you became a UConn fan in the mid 90s.  you later went to the school but you became a fan when the program became good.  I couldn't care less what team you root for, what school you went to but bashing me for the same things you did is comical and will be called out.  

If you guys want to keep this up I'll play along, if you actually want to have some fun and just discuss college basketball I'd love to do that too.  you guys can make the choice.

Archived