Jump to content
Maxman

2016 Yankees Thread

Recommended Posts

On October 6, 2016 at 2:42 PM, chirorob said:

He is lights out there, but I still give him one more chance to start.   They need starting so bad, and it's really hard to find now.

Sign Otani, keep Severino in the pen he only has a couple good pitches that's why he didn't pitch well as a starter

 

Betances has been severely overused last few years.  If we keep this up his career will be over in 3 years

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Sign Otani, keep Severino in the pen he only has a couple good pitches that's why he didn't pitch well as a starter

Betances has been severely overused last few years.  If we keep this up his career will be over in 3 years

 

It is criminal what Girardi is doing to him.   Plus, Betances has never gotten that nice payday, for Girardi to burn him up so badly, so early in his career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JM #hottake: The Yankees should trade Betances. Their whole focus should be on replenishing their lineup and overall roster for a sustained run. Impact arms get hauls in trades, he is an impact arm, he's about to enter arb years where his value to the Yankees will be less than it is to an outright WS contender....If the Giants came offering Tyler Beede, Chris Shaw, and Lucious Fox - are the Yankees REALLY in a position to say no? I guess it's a tough call given how their youngsters closed out the year, but I think they should still be looking at 2018+ rather than 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SenorGato said:

JM #hottake: The Yankees should trade Betances. Their whole focus should be on replenishing their lineup and overall roster for a sustained run. Impact arms get hauls in trades, he is an impact arm, he's about to enter arb years where his value to the Yankees will be less than it is to an outright WS contender....If the Giants came offering Tyler Beede, Chris Shaw, and Lucious Fox - are the Yankees REALLY in a position to say no? I guess it's a tough call given how their youngsters closed out the year, but I think they should still be looking at 2018+ rather than 2017.

They really need some starting pitching.  They have OF prospects, I like Didi, Castro is OK, we'll see if Bird is for real at 1B, Sanchez is fine at catcher.  They need a real 3B, and starters.  After next year, CC is gone (yes he's overpaid, but he still has value) and I think Tanaka can opt out.  Do you give Tanaka a big money deal?  He still has the elbow concern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On October 17, 2016 at 9:43 AM, chirorob said:

It is criminal what Girardi is doing to him.   Plus, Betances has never gotten that nice payday, for Girardi to burn him up so badly, so early in his career. 

Girardi did the same bs with CC overusing him when he didn't need to 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chirorob said:

They really need some starting pitching.  They have OF prospects, I like Didi, Castro is OK, we'll see if Bird is for real at 1B, Sanchez is fine at catcher.  They need a real 3B, and starters.  After next year, CC is gone (yes he's overpaid, but he still has value) and I think Tanaka can opt out.  Do you give Tanaka a big money deal?  He still has the elbow concern.

I would not resign Tanaka if he opts out.   

 

There will be other better pitchers available in FA in '18

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chirorob said:

They really need some starting pitching.  They have OF prospects, I like Didi, Castro is OK, we'll see if Bird is for real at 1B, Sanchez is fine at catcher.  They need a real 3B, and starters.  After next year, CC is gone (yes he's overpaid, but he still has value) and I think Tanaka can opt out.  Do you give Tanaka a big money deal?  He still has the elbow concern.

Everyone always needs more pitching. Even the teams that are so loaded with it, look at the Mets and Dodgers this season, end up not having enough. I believe teams should build up a lineup, pile up runs, let your pitchers coast, and life will be much easier for everyone top to bottom. That's basically what the 90s Yankees did - outside of Pettitte they didn't exactly pump out in-house pitching, but brought in a who's who of veteran arms via trade or FA without ever really commiting tons of years to them. 

I'm not sure about Tanaka, but it is probably best to let him bolt to LA or wherever if he opts out. Maybe its never a thing and they trade him at the deadline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Girardi did the same bs with CC overusing him when he didn't need to 

Yep.

I really can not stand how he uses his pitching staff. He won a WS, but I'd let him go when his contract expires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, chirorob said:

Yep.

I really can not stand how he uses his pitching staff. He won a WS, but I'd let him go when his contract expires.

I think Girardi is better with younger players.  We have a young core developing so I'd keep him around

 

 

If we don't trade Miller we probably make the playoffs this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok Yankee faithful .. what are we (Cubs) looking at with this Indians team?

As I'm sure many of you don't watch/follow NL stuff - I don't know anything about them cept Miller.

Any insight would be appreciated   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2016 at 1:29 PM, NJ said:

ok Yankee faithful .. what are we (Cubs) looking at with this Indians team?

As I'm sure many of you don't watch/follow NL stuff - I don't know anything about them cept Miller.

Any insight would be appreciated   

Ummmmm.

They have a really good lefty out of the pen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keith Law chat:


Q: Hi Keith! Thanks for these chats! Regarding Gleybar Torres, 280/340/440 is that too optimistic for his prime? Can he be better then that?
Keith Law: Better, I see a superstar.

Q: At this point, is Senzel the obvious hitter you'd want from this last draft?
KLAW: No, Rutherford is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yankees are going to be so fun next year, even if they don't contend for a playoff spot. 

Sanchez, Judge, Bird all very likely to be everyday players. Clint Frazier, Gleybar Torres, Jose Mateo, and Dustin Fowler knocking on the door. Happy days ahead Yankee fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yankees are going to be so fun next year, even if they don't contend for a playoff spot. 

Sanchez, Judge, Bird all very likely to be everyday players. Clint Frazier, Gleybar Torres, Jose Mateo, and Dustin Fowler knocking on the door. Happy days ahead Yankee fans.

Of that group I <3 Sanchez and Torres, really really like Frazier, am confused by Judge and Mateo, and have no real opinion on Bird or Fowler.

I still won't be surprised if Blake Rutherford puts himself into position for a callup in late 2018. He's going to be in that Sanchez/Torres group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strikeout are worrisome for Judge, but he's struggled eary at every level but adjusted. Counting on the same thing here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BA put out their Yankees' top 10 on the 28th....Torres took 1, obvy, and I'm overall impressed by the top 5. Loved Kaprelian in college and he's been exciting in the AFL, hitting 96-97 with command and a couple of above average offspeeds. Rurtherford took 3, and I really won't be shocked if he is one next year. Mateo's weird, ranked 4, but weird displaying some power and lots of speed is more interesting than not. 

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2017-new-york-yankees-top-10-prospects/#dHTFXWCzFMOeOQt8.97

Torres' writeup is there along with the list. Also, over at Sickels' blog there was a system sleeper pointed out that I actually am interested in:

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2016/10/4/13163058/new-york-yankees-prospect-freicer-perez-scouting-report

Frecier Perez, a 6'7" RHP

image: http://www.baseballamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/3ds_yankeesTOP 1

aalsmiAlso 1. Gleyber Torres, ss
2. Clint Frazier, of
3. Blake Rutherford, of
4. Jorge Mateo, ss
5. James Kaprielian, rhp
6. Aaron Judge, of
7. Justus Sheffield, lhp
8. Chance Adams, rhp
9. Dustin Fowler, of

 

10. Domingo Acevedo, rhp

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked Warren as a starter, and they REALLY need some.

There is nothing like watching a bunch of kids come up, and seeing where the team goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On October 28, 2016 at 7:51 PM, Tyler Durden said:

Strikeout are worrisome for Judge, but he's struggled eary at every level but adjusted. Counting on the same thing here.

His strikezone is way too big.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On November 9, 2016 at 6:50 PM, chirorob said:

I liked Warren as a starter, and they REALLY need some.

There is nothing like watching a bunch of kids come up, and seeing where the team goes.

They're going with a six man rotation next season.  It helps Tanaka and CC

 

They really need to go after Shohei Otani

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gleyber Torres in the AFL:

.382/.500/.636 with like a 9% K rate in 68 PAs

James Kapriellian has less impressive stats, but at least those include a K per inning and a K:BB over 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McCann to the Astros for a couple hard throwing RHPs (Jorge Guzman and Albert Abreu). Guzman is one of the minor leaguers out there who has hit 100-101.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

McCann to the Astros for a couple hard throwing RHPs (Jorge Guzman and Albert Abreu). Guzman is one of the minor leaguers out there who has hit 100-101.

Would love to know what the cash considerations were. Hopefully the Yankees freed up some money here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Would love to know what the cash considerations were. Hopefully the Yankees freed up some money here.

Yankees are paying $5.5 million for the next two years.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Would love to know what the cash considerations were. Hopefully the Yankees freed up some money here.

Astros acquired C Brian McCann and cash considerations from the Yankees for RHPs Albert Abreu and Jorge Guzman.
The two sides have been linked for a couple of weeks now and they were finally able to get a deal done. McCann also had to waive his no-trade clause. Per ESPN's Buster Olney, the Yankees will cover $11 million of the $34 million owed to McCann over the next two seasons. McCann, who turns 33 in February, is coming off a year where he batted .242/.335/.413 with 20 homers and 58 RBI in 492 plate appearances. He was slated to be the regular designated hitter in New York, but he'll presumably serve as the primary catcher in Houston.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Yankees are paying $5.5 million for the next two years.

 

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Astros acquired C Brian McCann and cash considerations from the Yankees for RHPs Albert Abreu and Jorge Guzman.
The two sides have been linked for a couple of weeks now and they were finally able to get a deal done. McCann also had to waive his no-trade clause. Per ESPN's Buster Olney, the Yankees will cover $11 million of the $34 million owed to McCann over the next two seasons. McCann, who turns 33 in February, is coming off a year where he batted .242/.335/.413 with 20 homers and 58 RBI in 492 plate appearances. He was slated to be the regular designated hitter in New York, but he'll presumably serve as the primary catcher in Houston.

That isn't bad. It frees up 23 million over the next two years and they got players back in return. Pretty good since the Yankees had to trade him due to the youth movement \ emergence of Sanchez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SenorGato said:

McCann to the Astros for a couple hard throwing RHPs (Jorge Guzman and Albert Abreu). Guzman is one of the minor leaguers out there who has hit 100-101.

I like the trade.  We need pitching. McCann is a DH on our team at this point those are a dime a dozen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, chirorob said:

Clears up a spot if they want Beltran back as the DH

Yes please

 

I was thinking Ryan Howard for DH since he would feast on our right field porch and he'd be cheap since he's had a couple bad seasons but Beltran back would be awesome

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Yes please

I was thinking Ryan Howard for DH since he would feast on our right field porch and he'd be cheap since he's had a couple bad seasons but Beltran back would be awesome

I love Beltran.   Legit switch hitter who can hit from both sides, not a switch hitter who hits 280 from one side and 210 from the other.  Great with young players, great guy, amazing bat at his age.  Just no knee cartilage, so keep him healthy and out of right field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Please do not steal Yoenis away. Please? Please.

I don't think they want any mega deals.  (Course, I live in Dallas and have nothing to do with anything)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I don't think they want any mega deals.  (Course, I live in Dallas and have nothing to do with anything)

Cashman said they're looking into him, which makes me antsy in my pantsy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2016 at 10:09 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

Cashman said they're looking into him, which makes me antsy in my pantsy.

I'm getting a Woody Johnson from it

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...