Jump to content
Maxman

2016 Yankees Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

At least none of them do steroids unlike Mike Piazza and Manny Ramirez

OK, so lets get this straight....

You KNOW that none of them do steroids, and you KNOW that Piazza did?

Are you really trying to tell me that you consider doing steroids to be WORSE than abusing women? Please tell me your not saying that and you just articulate points very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Does nasty boys stand for their stuff, or the fact that at least one of them likes to abuse women?

no evidence Chapman abuses women, read the police report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tyler Durden said:

no evidence Chapman abuses women, read the police report.

LOL, yeah, sure, no evidence Clemens ever took steroids either, he didn't go to jail right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

LOL, yeah, sure, no evidence Clemens ever took steroids either, he didn't go to jail right?

This isn't about Roger Clemens. Who gives a sh-- about steroids. One post ago you didn't like the comparison between abusing women and taken steroids.. but here you are one post later.

Throwing around terms like women abuser without any any evidence is shameful. If you read the police report, you'll understand why he was never charged. It's public record, look it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tyler Durden said:

This isn't about Roger Clemens. Who gives a sh-- about steroids. One post ago you didn't like the comparison between abusing women and taken steroids.. but here you are one post later.

Throwing around terms like women abuser without any any evidance is shameful. If you read the police report, you'll understand why he was never charged.

Your buddy DrDetroit brought up the steroids, not me my brother.

Yeah, i am throwing around women abuser without any evidence, yeah, I am the one who is shameful....... Get a grip brah, your the one defending the grabbing of a player who most teams would not touch with a ten foot poll, who have much more resources at their disposal to get the truth than you do... But hey, its all about da Yankees wins right brah? 

shameful, lol!!

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Your buddy DrDetroit brought up the steroids, not me my brother.

Yeah, i am throwing around women abuser without any evidence, yeah, I am the one who is shameful....... Get a grip brah, your the one defending the grabbing of a player who most teams would not touch with a ten foot poll, who have much more resources at their disposal to get the truth than you do... But hey, its all about da Yankees wins right brah? 

shameful, lol!!

So now there is evidence only the teams know or will ever know. They have more information than the authorities who were goaded into investigating this further only because sports media demanded it despite there being no there... there. It doesn't matter that the police reports from that night details nothing more than a drunk argument  at a house party over text messages that led to a scuffle with no one being injured or even marks on anyone and story inconsistencies that likely occurred because of a language barrier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tyler Durden said:

So now there is evidence only the teams know or will ever know. They have more information than the authorities who were gloated into investigating this further only because sports media demanded it despite there being no there... there. It doesn't matter that the police reports from that night details nothing more than a drunk argument  at a house party over text messages that led to a scuffle with no one being injuries or even marks on anyone and inconsistencies that likely occurred because of a language barrier.

I don't know if this is strictly defending a Yankee, because he is a Yankee, or you are so clueless about the law and the criminal process to assume that not enough to bring to trial means innocent. Hopefully for society sake, its the later. You can learn about things, you cant change the former.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I don't know if this is strictly defending a Yankee, because he is a Yankee, or you are so clueless about the law and the criminal process to assume that not enough to bring to trial means innocent. Hopefully for society sake, its the later. You can learn about things, you cant change the former.

 

Innocent until proven guilty... Yeah who gives a sh--t about that. I'm what's wrong with society, not the guy who's calling someone a women abuser without a shred of evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tyler Durden said:

The fact Chapmann unloaded a few rounds into a wall in his garage is worrisome,

 

Innocent until proven guilty... Yeah who gives a sh--t about that. I'm what's wrong with society! Not the guy who's calling someone a women abuser without a shred of evidence.

LOL, yeah, without a shred of evidence.... Cant make this crap up. Go Yankees! Innocent until proven guilty, but supported by Yankee fans either way.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

LOL, yeah, without a shred of evidence.... Cant make this crap up. Go Yankees! Innocent until proven guilty, but supported by Yankee fans either way.

If it's so funny, "LOL"  and I'm so wrong... go ahead and lay out the evidence that he abuses women. I'll wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

If it's so funny, "LOL"  and I'm so wrong... go ahead and lay out the evidence that he abuses women. I'll wait.

Actually, its not funny, its kind of sad that you would defend him because he plays for your favorite team. What are you waiting for? You have acess to the same information I have, you just chose to read it through pinstriped colored glasses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Actually, its not funny, its kind of sad that you would defend him because he plays for your favorite team. What are you waiting for? You have acess to the same information I have, you just chose to read it through pinstriped colored glasses.

So you're not going to lay out the evidence?  I've already gave you a quick summery of the police report, but you chose to attack my fandom. Figures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tyler Durden said:

So you're not going to lay out the evidence?  I've already gave you a quick summery of the police report, but you chose to attack my fandom. Figures. 

Im not attacking your fandom at all, you can root for whomever you chose. But you are choosing to look at the fact that they are not pressing charges against him, to mean he is innocent. The reality is this is his word against her word, your belief is based on your fandom, nothing else. I chose to believe the person who did NOT fire 8 rounds into a house full of people..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Im not attacking your fandom at all, you can root for whomever you chose. But you are choosing to look at the fact that they are not pressing charges against him, to mean he is innocent. The reality is this is his word against her word, your belief is based on your fandom, nothing else. I chose to believe the person who did NOT fire 8 rounds into a house full of people..........

You're not attacking my fandom other than accusing me of being biased and not looking at this issue with a clear eyes solely because of said fandom.

This incident is also not as simple as he said she said. It occurred in a room full of people. And while it was worrisome that he fired off a few rounds into a wall in his garage  (this was always the part of the story that seemed most serious to me) it's not evidence that he beats women.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BowlesMovement said:

LOL, yeah, sure, no evidence Clemens ever took steroids either, he didn't go to jail right?

Pick and choose your inconsistent Yankee-hating logic all you want.  Just like Piazza never got tested for steroids all those years Prosecutors declined to charge Chapman with anything.

 

 

So go back to your wahmbulance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, chirorob said:

This is going down hill fast.   Just let it go.

The mets have one good season and it's back to the nonsense of the early to mid 2000's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So....  with Bird down, what other guys can we expect from the minors to help out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading the police report, and despite getting inconsistent statements from everyone involved. I think it's fair to conclude after a night of drinking with friends, family his girlfriend saw something on his phone she didn't like (texts or photos) confronted him, a scuffle ensued, he went to the garage enraged, shot a few rounds into the wall of his garage.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chirorob said:

So....  with Bird down, what other guys can we expect from the minors to help out?

Gary Sanchez.  1b will be by committee this year with Tex, Arod and McCann all getting time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chirorob said:

So....  with Bird down, what other guys can we expect from the minors to help out?

Yeah, If Tex goes down (likely) I'd like to see McCann at 1B with Sanhez behind the plate or flip it with Sanchez at 1B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yeah, If Tex goes down (likely) I'd like to see McCann at 1B with Sanhez behind the plate or flip it with Sanchez at 1B.

How does he actually project?   I mean, I know who he is, but is he good defensive catcher, adequate?   Power potential or doubles potential?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chirorob said:

How does he actually project?   I mean, I know who he is, but is he good defensive catcher, adequate?   Power potential or doubles potential?

 

He's really improved over the last year. Very strong arm, good pop time to 2nd. Went from not expected to stick behind to plate to probably will. He's a power guy with the bat.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

He's really improved over the last year. Very strong arm, good pop time to 2nd. Went from not expected to stick behind to plate to probably will. He's a power guy with the bat.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

The mets have one good season and it's back to the nonsense of the early to mid 2000's.

LOL, says the "Yankee" fan who spent all of October trolling Mets fans....

Cant make this crap up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

After reading the police report, and despite getting inconsistent statements from everyone involved. I think it's fair to conclude after a night of drinking with friends, family his girlfriend saw something on his phone she didn't like (texts or photos) confronted him, a scuffle ensued, he went to the garage enraged, shot a few rounds into the wall of his garage.

 

happens every day.... with a woman hiding in the bushes next door...

Im done with this, enjoy your Yankees season, they probably have the best team in the AL this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

happens every day.... with a woman hiding in the bushes next door...

Im done with this, enjoy your Yankees season, they probably have the best team in the AL this year.

you're wrong about this too... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 8, 2016 at 3:23 PM, Tyler Durden said:

you're wrong about this too... lol

May not be that far off as a statement 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 8, 2016 at 2:52 PM, chirorob said:

So....  with Bird down, what other guys can we expect from the minors to help out?

Ackley is our backup first basemen off the bench. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Joel Sherman, the Yankees fielded calls from teams looking to acquire Dustin Ackley earlier this offseason. Interestingly, Sherman says teams wanted Ackley to play first base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Brendan Kuty, the Yankees have reached out to former Mets reliever and free agent right-hander Carlos Torres.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

Ackley is our backup first basemen off the bench. 

I still think Arod/Tex and McCann all share 1b and DH this season it makes too much sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, drdetroit said:

I still think Arod/Tex and McCann all share 1b and DH this season it makes too much sense.

Sounds like the Yanks are mingling with Ike Davis on a minor league deal. Just rumors as of right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...