2016 Yankees Thread

Maxman

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great ABs all around tonight. Great production from the bottom of the order, Castro with 4 hits, Didi with 3, Torreyes and Hicks both with pinch-hits. Pineada still incredibly inconsistent.

On another note, this Correa kid is the real effin deal. I really enjoy watching him and Altuve play.

34 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Great ABs all around tonight. Great production from the bottom of the order, Castro with 4 hits, Didi with 3, Torreyes and Hicks both with pinch-hits. Pineada still incredibly inconsistent.

On another note, this Correa kid is the real effin deal. I really enjoy watching him and Altuve play.

Didn't Pineda get busted for pine tar last spring?  I don't think he gets a good grip in the cold.

Didn't Pineda get busted for pine tar last spring?  I don't think he gets a good grip in the cold.

He was having a hard time with circulation since he had arm surgery. It's fine now. If I couldn't feel the ball, I'd of probably done the same thing. It wasn't like he was Joe Niekro taking any emery board and sawing half the ball off.

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 10:37 PM, BroadwayJets said:

Yep Correa will soon be right up their with Harper and Trout as the best young players in the game IMO. Reminds me of a young ARod...hopefully he's clean and stays that way. Has all the tools. 

53 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

Yep Correa will soon be right up their with Harper and Trout as the best young players in the game IMO. Reminds me of a young ARod...hopefully he's clean and stays that way. Has all the tools. 

Agreed all around. I was actually talking to someone about this recently, and they brought up that at Correa's age, ARod was coming off a year of 36 HRs and 123 RBIs. That's still amazing to me that he was able to do it at such a young age. 

12 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Bullpen continues to be the strength of the team, 24 more games and it gets even better.  

It would be great if a starter occasionally pitched more than 5 innings.  (Yeah, CC did go 6 once)

Don't watch much baseball at all any more. But tried to watch a a few innings of the Yankee game yesterday. Can't say if it's just them, or me being an old eff or MLB in general. but it's slow and boring. Not much happens to keep your attention. And MLB doesn't really seem to get that. Still too much time where all you see is a guy on the mound holding the ball and everyone else waiting for a pitch. There's no reason for any 9 inning game to go longer than 2.5 hours, so stretching it over 3.5 hours is a great way to put someone to sleep(had a great nap). Get the  strategy, game within a game, pitcher vs. batter stuff. But in 2016 MLB doesn't seem to grasp life has speeded up and they have slowed to a crawl. Not long ago thought the idea soccer could surpass MLB was crazy, and for MLS that's still true. But I'm no longer sure.  Wonder if EPL and other Euro leagues has toyed with the idea of teams in the US. Because MLB is ripe for a picking. 

13 hours ago, GimmeShelter said:

I can't believe how bad the team looks overall.

Tanaka, McCann and the back of the pen are the only things watchable on the team so far.

I was at the game last night.   It was brutal.  Walking in runs, giving away 2 more runs, making a guy who hasn't pitched in 2 years look like Cy Young.

Cool note, we had real good seats, and with the threat of rain sat front row, 3rd base side and got a foul ball!

9 hours ago, chirorob said:

I was at the game last night.   It was brutal.  Walking in runs, giving away 2 more runs, making a guy who hasn't pitched in 2 years look like Cy Young.

Cool note, we had real good seats, and with the threat of rain sat front row, 3rd base side and got a foul ball!

Nice on the foul ball.  I think the team is just collectively slumping and have to bust out at some point.

I  like Severino and Pineda but they've been uneven so far. 

11 hours ago, chirorob said:

Any mediocre lefty can shut down this $200 million lineup.  The only thing that helps is the Al east is not very good this year and 84 wins gets the division 

CC has been pitching really well just no run support

2 hours ago, GimmeShelter said:

Nice on the foul ball.  I think the team is just collectively slumping and have to bust out at some point.

I  like Severino and Pineda but they've been uneven so far. 

Severino needs to go back to the minors to work on his stuff

On 4/10/2016 at 0:53 AM, The Troll said:

Castro is raking. If he suddenly learns how to walk, I'm gonna be super pissed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll keep Warren and have a big smile on my face ... no forked tongue from the Yankee fans here. Warren is money thus far. 

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 10:58 PM, NJ said:

I'll keep Warren and have a big smile on my face ... no forked tongue from the Yankee fans here. Warren is money thus far. 

I wasn't crazy about that trade when it happened. 

4 hours ago, drdetroit said:

This season is turning into a Charlie foxtrot.  Girardi, Cashman might all be gone if we win 75 games.

I never understood how Cashman has survived this long. And I was hoping for Mattingly over Girardi back in the day. :)

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

I never understood how Cashman has survived this long. And I was hoping for Mattingly over Girardi back in the day. :)

I was so in for Mattingly of Girardi.  I still don't like Girardi much.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 3:22 PM, drdetroit said:

I wasn't crazy about that trade when it happened. 

Castro is playing well.  Yanks needed that trade and got him for next to nothing. Warrens a nice middle man but those guys are a dime a dozen. 

Archived