2016 Yankees Thread

On May 2, 2016 at 8:09 PM, Maxman said:

I never understood how Cashman has survived this long. And I was hoping for Mattingly over Girardi back in the day. :)

The problem is Cashman doesn't want to develop young talent.  Instead of keeping Warren and just starting Refsnyder at second he trades for Castro who has been good but our rotation is a hot mess right now.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just so you know my true stance: -Numbers have a place in baseball. And numbers and stats can have some measurement of the value of a ballplayer. BUT, numbers and stats can also be very deceiving

Calling a spade a spade

I'm getting a Woody Johnson from it

Posted Images

On 5/5/2016 at 7:08 AM, drdetroit said:

The problem is Cashman doesn't want to develop young talent.  Instead of keeping Warren and just starting Refsnyder at second he trades for Castro who has been good but our rotation is a hot mess right now.

They lose different ways.   Can't blame the pitchers when you lose 1-0 in the tenth inning.

47 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Yanks are only 6 games out in the L column and have won half of their games in the last 2- why all the panic?

There's only 130 games left to go.  There's no time.

• Upvote 1
56 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Yankee Baseball at its finest  10th inning

McCann walk (Gardner pinch runs_

Texiera  strikeout

Beltran strikeout

Ackley strikeout

:curse:

Why does Gardner not steal anymore?   Isn't he like, really fast?

5 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Yankee Baseball at its finest  10th inning

McCann walk (Gardner pinch runs_

Texiera  strikeout

Beltran strikeout

Ackley strikeout

:curse:

The worst offense any entertainment enterprise can commit is being boring. 

Just now, Bugg said:

The worst offense any entertainment enterprise can commit is being boring. 

if only we had Oscar Azocar, Andy Stankiewicz, Alvaro Espinoza and hensley "Bam Bam" Muelens we'd be bad but exciting.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

if only we had Oscar Azocar, Andy Stankiewicz, Alvaro Espinoza and hensley "Bam Bam" Muelens we'd be bad but exciting.

The Stump Merrill YES  special at least had Deion Sanders, an Andy Hawkins no hitter that was a loss and the tragedy that was Steve Howe.

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The Stump Merrill YES  special at least had Deion Sanders, an Andy Hawkins no hitter that was a loss and the tragedy that was Steve Howe.

what an awful era:lol:  

6 hours ago, Bugg said:

And Stump wanted Mattingly to get haircut. 

8 hours ago, Bugg said:

I went to Hawkins' next game after he lost the no hitter.  He threw a 10 inning shut out, and lost the game in the 11th. 

Funny thing, that was the only double header I ever went to.   1st inning of game 2, they score a couple of runs, just to rub it in.

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, shawn306 said:

And Stump wanted Mattingly to get haircut. 

Saw Mattingly on ESPN this morning. Seeing him wear that Sunday morning keg at 3rd base softball team Miami jersey after spending his playing career with the interlocking NY and then managing the Dodgers was depressing as hell. Saw his first opening day game when as a rookie  he wore number 46 way back thinking "who the hell is this guy?" . This morning he looked so old. 

34 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I see Ortiz is still the biggest crybaby in sports.

That's not true and he was absolutely right. But carry on. That guy was a joke of an umpire. I'd expect he gets disciplined. It was egregious. 

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

Any poster on this site f you could teach him to throw a knuckle ball they could strike out the entire Yankee lineup

It's insane.   Every damn time.

15 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Beltran raking in his contract year which is fine.  Chapman coming back from that stupid suspension has been huge too.

He is an interesting guy.  

Obviously not because he is a Yankee, think he makes the Hall of Fame?

Hoping Cashman is giving the authority to trade players at the deadline. Chapman and Beltran could possibly bring us some good pieces. Couldn't give Teixeira away right now with the way he's hitting.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Hoping Cashman is giving the authority to trade players at the deadline. Chapman and Beltran could possibly bring us some good pieces. Couldn't give Teixeira away right now with the way he's hitting.

Two guys I hope are Cubs after the deadline. Beltran would be great as a part time LF/bench bat for the second half, and Chapman is Chapman.