2016 Yankees Thread

Maxman

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/24/2016 at 5:59 PM, Tyler Durden said:

Hoping Cashman is giving the authority to trade players at the deadline. Chapman and Beltran could possibly bring us some good pieces. Couldn't give Teixeira away right now with the way he's hitting.

I really hope so.

Last thing they need is to keep everyone, and win 78-82 games

On May 24, 2016 at 8:21 PM, SenorGato said:

Two guys I hope are Cubs after the deadline. Beltran would be great as a part time LF/bench bat for the second half, and Chapman is Chapman.

If the Yankees do that they are forfeiting the season

On 5/24/2016 at 6:59 PM, Tyler Durden said:

Hoping Cashman is giving the authority to trade players at the deadline. Chapman and Beltran could possibly bring us some good pieces. Couldn't give Teixeira away right now with the way he's hitting.

I am hoping that Cashman is given the authority to seek excellence elsewhere at the deadline. Time for a regime change.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 5:31 PM, SenorGato said:

They're not doing anything this year anyway. Just try to develop some players in time for Harper.

They have good young players already they are either in the minors getting ready (Judge, Severino) or they just don't have a spot to play everyday (Refsnyder, Sanchez).

21 hours ago, drdetroit said:

They have good young players already they are either in the minors getting ready (Judge, Severino) or they just don't have a spot to play everyday (Refsnyder, Sanchez).

I think Sanchez is going to be a stud. I like Mateo and Severino. Judge and Refsnyder are rough but I could see either being useful as min salary guys. Probably all of this really comes down to landing Harper and/or Machado among the 2018/2019 FAs.

On 6/4/2016 at 0:41 PM, chirorob said:

Girardi is going to pitch Betances until his arm falls off.

No way.

He won't stop then. He will get another 2/3 of an inning out of him after that happens.

On 6/9/2016 at 8:10 PM, SenorGato said:

Yankees with their second high quality first round pick in a row in Blake Rutheford. 

I know nothing of the MLB draft, or prospects.  Were you being serious, or did they "reach"?

36 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I know nothing of the MLB draft, or prospects.  Were you being serious, or did they "reach"?

I like both Kaprielian and Rutheford a bunch. Kaprielian has alot of Kuroda to his game - fastball command for days, underrated arm strength and offspeeds. Rutheford is potentially good enough to be on a roughly similar timeline as some of their up and coming bat prospecte like Mateo and Andujar. 

23 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I like both Kaprielian and Rutheford a bunch. Kaprielian has alot of Kuroda to his game - fastball command for days, underrated arm strength and offspeeds. Rutheford is potentially good enough to be on a roughly similar timeline as some of their up and coming bat prospecte like Mateo and Andujar. 

Thanks

On 6/15/2016 at 4:05 PM, drdetroit said:

If we're offering Miller and Chapman to the Cubs we better be getting back the mother load.

Chapman pitched the other day when I was at the stadium. He is just effortless. Never thought 102 mph could look so easy.

20 hours ago, Maxman said:

Chapman pitched the other day when I was at the stadium. He is just effortless. Never thought 102 mph could look so easy.

You don't guage how massive a human being he is until seeing him live too. Dude's gotta be 6'5" 225 easy....I really wish some team would make him a SP. Reds players used to say he was the most athletic and fastest guy on the team.

Yesterday's closing sequence:

83 MPH slider for a called strike

87 MPH slider for a swinging strike

100 MPH up for the whiff

Friday night was his underused changeup for the last out.

30 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

You don't guage how massive a human being he is until seeing him live too. Dude's gotta be 6'5" 225 easy....I really wish some team would make him a SP. Reds players used to say he was the most athletic and fastest guy on the team.

Yesterday's closing sequence:

83 MPH slider for a called strike

87 MPH slider for a swinging strike

100 MPH up for the whiff

Friday night was his underused changeup for the last out.

That's the thing.   He throws 100, but can pitch.  I mean, if you are looking for 100, which you have to, and he comes in with anything off speed, and throws it for a decent strike, the batter has no chance.  Then he gets the batter thinking, and he goes up with triple digits, no one is getting that.

17 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Miller for Schwarber straight up

G'luck with that if that's your expectation. The Yankees can/will get quality for Miller from the Cubs if it went down.

Now Betances and Chapman? That's probably a different story, and they'd probably get a couple other prospects on top of it. That said, I expect the Cubs will save Schwarber for a major SP acquisition and might lean on their scouts and analysts to find a reliever like the Rangers did with Diekman last year.

36 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

G'luck with that if that's your expectation. The Yankees can/will get quality for Miller from the Cubs if it went down.

Now Betances and Chapman? That's probably a different story, and they'd probably get a couple other prospects on top of it. That said, I expect the Cubs will save Schwarber for a major SP acquisition and might lean on their scouts and analysts to find a reliever like the Rangers did with Diekman last year.

Betances alone is worth a lot.  He's still very cheap and under control for years.

20 hours ago, SenorGato said:

No F that

I'd even be willing to throw in a position player like McCann but not Betances.  

Rutheford signed is a big deal for this org. He should be a good one and on a similar time table to a couple of their non-Sanchez quality bat prospects in Mateo and Andujar. 

They're also very high on Leonardo Molina, a guy I wanted the Cubs to sign when they landed Eloy Jimenez and Gleyber Torres in 2013.

Archived