Jump to content
Maxman

2016 Yankees Thread

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, GimmeShelter said:

The insane part is that McCann looked like he blew his knee out on his first HR only to come back in the 9th with another.

Good for the Yanks as they needed a game like this.

Another good win today.

You don't get the umps calling for a delay after Chapman gets into the 9th, maybe... they win 3 out of 4 vs a good Ranger team.  Still got the split

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Another good win today.

You don't get the umps calling for a delay after Chapman gets into the 9th, maybe... they win 3 out of 4 vs a good Ranger team.  Still got the split

The sad part is that it was Girardi who came out and questioned why they weren't stopping it. It was the right thing to do with Chapman slipping all over the mound but yeah, no stoppage and he likely gets the save there.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Chad Green looked excellent yesterday after a rough first start

I read that they also assured Miller that he will not be traded. I was surprised that Severino did not get the call yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 10:13 AM, GimmeShelter said:

I read that they also assured Miller that he will not be traded. I was surprised that Severino did not get the call yesterday.

They haven't gotten any good offers for Miller.  If the Cubs want him so bad they better give us Schwarber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BroadwayJets said:

I saw Jorge Mateo was suspended for two weeks by the yanks, he a bad seed?

Apparently he demanded to be promoted when Miguel Andujar was promoted. That's kinda funny. I'm pretty sure they've come through the system together and were signed the same year.

---

Gary Sanchez made 36 on BAs midseason top 100 update. I've been a fan for a long time, he was kicking ass until breaking his thumb this year and is still performing really well over all. Aaron Judge was 42.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2016 at 0:43 PM, SenorGato said:

Apparently he demanded to be promoted when Miguel Andujar was promoted. That's kinda funny. I'm pretty sure they've come through the system together and were signed the same year.

---

Gary Sanchez made 36 on BAs midseason top 100 update. I've been a fan for a long time, he was kicking ass until breaking his thumb this year and is still performing really well over all. Aaron Judge was 42.

Interesting. At this point kind of seems like he deserves to be promoted, but there's almost nowhere to put him. I'm thinking the Yanks should entertain moving Didi to third, making room for Mateo at short, Refsnyder/Castro at second, Bird at first next season. I dislike Headley and hope his recent success could fetch something this trade deadline.

 

The Kraken, can't wait until he comes up. 

Judge just hurt his knee, too. Awful timing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Interesting. At this point kind of seems like he deserves to be promoted, but there's almost nowhere to put him. I'm thinking the Yanks should entertain moving Didi to third, making room for Mateo at short, Refsnyder/Castro at second, Bird at first next season. I dislike Headley and hope his recent success could fetch something this trade deadline.

I honestly don't think Mateo is even AA ready right now, let alone ML ready to open next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SenorGato said:

I honestly don't think Mateo is even AA ready right now, let alone ML ready to open next season.

I don't know anything more than what I read about him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

I don't know anything more than what I read about him

Are you reading he's 2017 ML ready from any source out there? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Are you reading he's 2017 ML ready from any source out there? 

No I'm saying I don't know enough to disagree, especially about him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BroadwayJets said:

No I'm saying I don't know enough to disagree, especially about him

To comp the kind of leap you're thinking of....Imagine a 3-4 star HS senior DT jumping to the NFL at 250 pounds. Mateo's got talent but High A is just High A, he needs lots and better reps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SenorGato said:

To comp the kind of leap you're thinking of....Imagine a 3-4 star HS senior DT jumping to the NFL at 250 pounds. Mateo's got talent but High A is just High A, he needs lots and better reps.

I thought he's been at AAA since April. I guess I'm way off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post, Andrew Miller said Monday that the Yankees have told him that they would be open to deal him if they are blown away.

Miller told Barry M. Bloom of MLB.com earlier this month that the Yankees have reassured him that they don't have any plans to deal him, but clearly they are flexible if the right offer comes along. The southpaw is making $9 million this season and is owed $18 million from 2017-2018, so he has a reasonable contract for any contender if the Yankees decide to sell. Miller owns a 1.37 ERA and 69/6 K/BB ratio in 39 1/3 innings this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2016 at 1:37 PM, GimmeShelter said:

According to Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post, Andrew Miller said Monday that the Yankees have told him that they would be open to deal him if they are blown away.

Miller told Barry M. Bloom of MLB.com earlier this month that the Yankees have reassured him that they don't have any plans to deal him, but clearly they are flexible if the right offer comes along. The southpaw is making $9 million this season and is owed $18 million from 2017-2018, so he has a reasonable contract for any contender if the Yankees decide to sell. Miller owns a 1.37 ERA and 69/6 K/BB ratio in 39 1/3 innings this season.

Everyone wants Miller but until the Yankees get a real offer he's a Yankee.

 

I was listening to Cubs radio in Chicago they think the yankees are in such fire sale mode they can get MIller from us without giving up Schwarber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2016 at 0:43 PM, SenorGato said:

Apparently he demanded to be promoted when Miguel Andujar was promoted. That's kinda funny. I'm pretty sure they've come through the system together and were signed the same year.

---

Gary Sanchez made 36 on BAs midseason top 100 update. I've been a fan for a long time, he was kicking ass until breaking his thumb this year and is still performing really well over all. Aaron Judge was 42.

I'm loving our farm system.  If Severino can get back on track we are looking at a great new generation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

I'm loving our farm system.  If Severino can get back on track we are looking at a great new generation.

Yeah, I think the Yankees farm has taken massive steps forward. Lots of interesting or better talent at most levels - and most of it is offensive talent rather than arms outside of Severino (I like Kaprelian too, but he's hurt because pitchers).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yankees' baseball operations at odds with business side

Wallace MatthewsESPN Staff Writer

NEW YORK -- As they head into the second half of the 2016 season, the New York Yankees are the definition of mediocrity with a 44-44 record. They face a daunting task to make the playoffs, sitting in fourth place in the AL East, 7 1/2 games behind the division-leading Baltimore Oriolesand needing to leapfrog a half-dozen teams to qualify for the second wild-card berth.

And yet, there is a division within the inner ranks of the organization as to whether the team should be buyers or sellers at the upcoming non-waiver trade deadline.

According to a baseball source who spoke to ESPN on condition of anonymity, the opposing factions are composed of the baseball operations people, led by general manager Brian Cashman, who believe the team should sell off its assets and plan for the future, and the business side, which is led by owner Hal Steinbrenner and team president Randy Levine, who hold to the belief that the club is still in contention.

According to the source, the baseball people would be willing to trade the core of the team, players such as closer Aroldis Chapman, first baseman Mark Teixeira, starting pitchers Nathan Eovaldi and Ivan Nova, and right fielder Carlos Beltran, who has been the team's best hitter all season and its only position player to make the All-Star team.

Chapman, Teixeira, Beltran and Nova will be free agents after the season; Eovaldi is arbitration-eligible this winter and will be a free agent in 2018.

The source also said the Yankees would like to move center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury and catcher Brian McCann, a much more difficult proposition because of their contracts. Ellsbury is signed through 2020 at $21 million per year, with a club option for 2021 that includes a $5 million buyout, and McCann is signed through 2018 at $17 million a year. The Yankees are also said to be "willing to listen'' on setup man Andrew Miller, who had an excellent first half and accompanied Beltran and reliever Dellin Betances to San Diego for the All-Star Game.

The source said that the Yankees' erratic play this season has caused uncertainty within the ranks about how good this team really is. Last month, when the Yankees had just come off a five-game winning streak that got them back to .500 (31-31), Cashman said, "We're not going to be a seller unless ownership green-lights that. I'll have an honest dialogue with ownership every step of the way as I always do. If we feel at a date in the future that that's a necessity, then trust me, I'll recommend it, and they'll make a decision based on their comfort level. I'm always a brutally honest person."

Cashman was not available to comment, but the Yankees won three of four games from the Cleveland Indians, who lead the AL Central by 6 1/2 games, in the final series before the All-Star break, providing ammunition for the "don't sell'' faction.

"All the talk of buying or selling is speculation at this point,'' Levine said. "There's two weeks to go, and at that time we'll make a decision. You can't make any decisions until you have specific transactions in front of you.''

Levine refused to directly address questions about whether the hierarchy was divided over the direction the club should take at the Aug. 1 trade deadline.

"We believe in this team,'' he said.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blake Rutheford already promoted. He made his SS APPL debute in a double header going 3-8 with a BB and a K. That opens the door for him to hit the ground running in full season ball next year along with Leonardo Molina, another high ceiling OF I like in this system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Texeira should retire

Him playing out this year on a badly injured knee is a waste.  It's pain for him, and it's hurting the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Him playing out this year on a badly injured knee is a waste.  It's pain for him, and it's hurting the team. 

They should just tell him to sit out the rest of the year and play Refsnyder at 1st.

 

Tex is COOKED

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

They should just tell him to sit out the rest of the year and play Refsnyder at 1st.

Tex is COOKED

He does not help the team at all.   Let a young guy get the at bats.   I blame Girardi on this one, you have to be able to make that call.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

either miller or chapman are going to look great in a Nats uniform and are the missing piece to a world series run in DC.   The Yankees can take their pick from the farm system except for Turner or Giolito.   The Yankees should ask for a kid named Sammy Solis and change for Miller.    Solis isn't a kid but he can pitch and could move back to a starter for a lousy rotation.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

either miller or chapman are going to look great in a Nats uniform and are the missing piece to a world series run in DC.   The Yankees can take their pick from the farm system except for Turner or Giolito.   The Yankees should ask for a kid named Sammy Solis and change for Miller.    Solis isn't a kid but he can pitch and could move back to a starter for a lousy rotation.   

Robles or that 2B,  most especially Robles, would be an amazing get for the Yankees from that system. Robles is already one of the handful more exciting bat prospects out there. 

The Nats are probably the NL team that worries me the most in the playoffs. Probably both the main east teams with Syndergaard and Strasburg/ Scherzer capable of taking over a series if their lineups got hot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Robles or that 2B,  most especially Robles, would be an amazing get for the Yankees. Robles is already one of the handful more exciting bat prospects out there.

almost no chance it happens but the other option would be to package Ellsbury with miller or chapman and send them both to DC.   I can't see the nats taking on Ellsbury's contract with an aging Werth + Zimmerman already chewing up so much $ for negligible production but nats poised to make a run this year and are basically a closer and leadoff hitter away from being the best team in baseball.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

almost no chance it happens but the other option would be to package Ellsbury with miller or chapman and send them both to DC.   I can't see the nats taking on Ellsbury's contract with an aging Werth + Zimmerman already chewing up so much $ for negligible production but nats poised to make a run this year and are basically a closer and leadoff hitter away from being the best team in baseball.

If you take Ellsbury's contract I'll give you Miller on a silver platter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

almost no chance it happens but the other option would be to package Ellsbury with miller or chapman and send them both to DC.   I can't see the nats taking on Ellsbury's contract with an aging Werth + Zimmerman already chewing up so much $ for negligible production but nats poised to make a run this year and are basically a closer and leadoff hitter away from being the best team in baseball.  

Nats have Michael Taylor waiting in the wings. No need for Ellsbury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Nats have Michael Taylor waiting in the wings. No need for Ellsbury

Who doesn't want an overprice average talent like Ellsbury? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

The Yankees?

Apparently they Yankees wanted a whole lot of players like that, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Apparently they Yankees wanted a whole lot of players like that, lol.

The Yankees had an historic run. It is not easy to continue that in this day and age of baseball.

They need to invest in and then trust their scouting department and smartly spend on some free agents. 

They are not that far off. Pitching may be the hardest part for them to get moving along. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The Yankees had an historic run. It is not easy to continue that in this day and age of baseball.

They need to invest in and then trust their scouting department and smartly spend on some free agents. 

They are not that far off. Pitching may be the hardest part for them to get moving along. 

First time ever I wish they would sell right now. Why hold on to Beltran? You don't need 3 closers. Pick and trade.

Also, cut ARod. Just eat the last year and a half and move on.

It is nice that they are battling to be .500 but I don't see this group winning it all. Or winning anything. Get younger and be in a better position as these contracts come off the books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...