Official Pats' Elimination Thread

Bugg

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Patriots fan, but I got news for you... The Patriots had a bunch of calls go their way. I'm still trying to figure out how, even on review, they didn't see that Amendola had control of the football before he clearly fumbled it. I saw it and fully expected the refs to reverse the call. Even the announcers said Amendola clearly had control of the football before fumbling it. 

Patriots lost because they couldn't block Denver's rush, and because Belidick should have kicked a FG with 2:54 left instead of going for it on fourth down. As far as the officiating goes, seriously, 99% of the calls and non-calls favored the Patriots, so you shouldn't cry about that.

Do you know how dumb this sounds?

Anywho......

I agree that the Patriots could not block the rush.  IMHO the key factor to the game.  The Patriots OL was dominated.

I disagree with bypassing the FG.  With hindsight it is dumb, but the Patriots did not have a 50 yards drive until the 4th. So the first 4th down try makes sense even though the play did not.  The second one also makes sense because you could not count on the D even though it played very well in the game.  If anything, I disagree with not deferring the opening kick. 

Amendola never had control. He was juggling it the entire time.  This rule is so effed it is ridiculous.

I love to taste the tears of unfathomable sadness. 

Are you a BC grad?

Skip Bayless "CLAIMS" Belichick was jealous of Brady so he tried to make play calls that would prove his genius.

I once claimed that Bayless is our generation's Howard Cosell. I retract that remark.

Cosell was much smarter and put together than Bayless. He's become a fricking clown, waving his arms up and down for entertainment.

never in the history of sports journalism has there been a more appalling, insufferable douchebag than Skip Bayless. 

You did cheat last year, google deflategate. 

Hey also don't forget the game against the Ravens in which they diminished the spirit of the game with Brady mocking the Ravens about "knowing" the rules.

That is what made Deflategate so deliciously ironic the weeks thereafter.

PATS = Bad Attitude Team...

If you can't win a playoff game on the road, you don't deserve to play in a Super Bowl.

It's laughable that the Jets had anything to do with the Pats loss yesterday.

But whatever makes you feel better.

so the evil genius plan of trying to lose the the jets didn't work ?

didn't you see gronk getting oxygen and massages ?  does that happen at ratsboro at sea level ?

without the msyterious extra frequency your boy brady made pennington look like montana yesterday

he is a chump

so the evil genius plan of trying to lose the the jets didn't work ?

didn't you see gronk getting oxygen and massages ?  does that happen at ratsboro at sea level ?

without the msyterious extra frequency your boy brady made pennington look like montana yesterday

he is a chump

And WITH the mysterious extra frequency, he put up a sterling 23/42 for 154 yds and 3 INT's against the Ravens in 2009 and a stellar 22/36 for 239 yards and 2 INT's against them in 2012.  Maybe his real problem is with good defense, wherever it is played?  

And WITH the mysterious extra frequency, he put up a sterling 23/42 for 154 yds and 3 INT's against the Ravens in 2009 and a stellar 22/36 for 239 yards and 2 INT's against them in 2012.  Maybe his real problem is with good defense, wherever it is played?  

sanchez > brady

Scapegoating didn't take long ...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000628378/article/patriots-fire-offensive-line-coach-dave-deguglielmo

I guess all the good work he did patching up holes all season got forgotten after Pretty Boy got a beating?

Plus, I found this interesting :

Cannon: 2.5 sacks, 5 hits, false start Vollmer: 7 hits, 1/2 sack Kline: 5 hits, false start Stork: 2 hits, head-butting flag Mason: 1 hit

Not a mention of a single hold in there. So despite ALL that pressure, not one O lineman committed a single hold? :rolleyes:

Good defense has been known to positively flourish in environments where cheating is less possible..

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA **** TOM BRADY

The emails were submitted among documents in the NFL Players Association's suit over Brady's four-game suspension.

"Thanks popa," Brady wrote to childhood friend Kevin Brady during an email exchange discussing a Grantland story that illustrated a decline for Manning in comparing the two quarterbacks. "I've got another 7 or 8 years. He has 2. That's the final chapter. Game on."

Elway, Favre etc did say the mental approach to the game is more important than the physical when considering retirement, Brady definitely has the mentality to play until he's 45 but he's a joker if he thinks his supermodel quack diet is going to prolong his career physically.

Scapegoating didn't take long ...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000628378/article/patriots-fire-offensive-line-coach-dave-deguglielmo

I guess all the good work he did patching up holes all season got forgotten after Pretty Boy got a beating?

Plus, I found this interesting :

Cannon: 2.5 sacks, 5 hits, false start Vollmer: 7 hits, 1/2 sack Kline: 5 hits, false start Stork: 2 hits, head-butting flag Mason: 1 hit

Not a mention of a single hold in there. So despite ALL that pressure, not one O lineman committed a single hold? :rolleyes:

Technically, the edge rushers were usually beyond the tackles before they really had a chance to hold.

The OL has been an issue since Scar retired two years ago.

It was a mess last year.  I think Scar came in after the KC game to provide some guidance and it worked.  This year it was all on Googs.

During Scar's tenure, the Patriots were able to overcome injuries.  Scar developed players.  Googs has not developed depth.

The utter class of the franchise shines through again.  they fire their oline coach less than 24 hours after losing the game.  The ultimate in scapegoatism.  Is it Bellys fault for being out coached by Gary freakin Kubiak?  Nooooooooooooooo, is it Bradys fault for being less than 50% on his throws and throwing multiple picks?  Noooooooooooooooo.  It's all on the oline coach for not having nay running game and not putting any plays in to actually slow down a fierce rush.  (I'm fully aware the Jets canned their St coach soon after the season but at least they waited until end of the year meetings.)

Then when interviewed yesterday Belly mumbles about the game being close and coming down to a few plays and a few calls.  Yup, he had the refs in his sights as well.

The utter class of the franchise shines through again.  they fire their oline coach less than 24 hours after losing the game.  The ultimate in scapegoatism.  Is it Bellys fault for being out coached by Gary freakin Kubiak?  Nooooooooooooooo, is it Bradys fault for being less than 50% on his throws and throwing multiple picks?  Noooooooooooooooo.  It's all on the oline coach for not having nay running game and not putting any plays in to actually slow down a fierce rush.  (I'm fully aware the Jets canned their St coach soon after the season but at least they waited until end of the year meetings.)

Then when interviewed yesterday Belly mumbles about the game being close and coming down to a few plays and a few calls.  Yup, he had the refs in his sights as well.

Pats fire their o-line coach.

LMFAO - remember before the game when BB was a even more of a genius than he already is because he had used 37 different OL grouping throughout the year?

Cheatriot tears you taste so good.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant:

Mike Garafolo ✔ @MikeGarafolo
He was telling friends for a few weeks he feared he might be out of a job. This wasn't a one-day deal.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/691775234161152000…

Technically, the edge rushers were usually beyond the tackles before they really had a chance to hold.

The OL has been an issue since Scar retired two years ago.

It was a mess last year.  I think Scar came in after the KC game to provide some guidance and it worked.  This year it was all on Googs.

During Scar's tenure, the Patriots were able to overcome injuries.  Scar developed players.  Googs has not developed depth.

Got this one, folks?

It's a new one.

"Patriots players don't get called for holding, because they aren't even given a chance to hold"

Boston surely is a magical world of fairy tales.

The utter class of the franchise shines through again.  they fire their oline coach less than 24 hours after losing the game.  The ultimate in scapegoatism. 

Pats fire their o-line coach.

LMFAO - remember before the game when BB was a even more of a genius than he already is because he had used 37 different OL grouping throughout the year?

Cheatriot tears you taste so good.

Guys, it's the OL's fault that Brady threw the ball directly to Von Miller on the interception, and it's the OL coach's fault for Brady completely ******* up his progressions and missing a wide open Gronk on the two point conversion; instead trying to needle it in to his covered 3rd option. 

It's also the defense's fault for giving up two long TD drives to Peyton Manning, and the kicker's fault for missing 1 point with 47 minutes left to play.

Brady is never to blame. If you blame Brady, you're the devil.

Got this one, folks?

It's a new one.

"Patriots players don't get called for holding, because they aren't even given a chance to hold"

Boston surely is a magical world of fairy tales.

I know sarcasm is tough to pick up. It is obvious by your reply.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant:

Mike Garafolo ✔ @MikeGarafolo
He was telling friends for a few weeks he feared he might be out of a job. This wasn't a one-day deal.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/691775234161152000…

So he feared he might be out for weeks, what difference does that make?  They canned him less than a day after the loss.  Not a week, not three days, not after evaluating things, less than 24 hours.  Any reasonable person and I don't mean a pats fan like yourself would come to the same conclusion i did.

So he feared he might be out for weeks, what difference does that make?  They canned him less than a day after the loss.  Not a week, not three days, not after evaluating things, less than 24 hours.  Any reasonable person and I don't mean a pats fan like yourself would come to the same conclusion i did.

What difference does it make when he was fired?  Clearly the Patriots had already been evaluating things and made a decision.  Is there some waiting period that they were supposed to observe to help reduce internet criticism of the move?  

The Patriots have had variety of disappointing units during Belichick's 15 years with the team and they have ended 11 of those years with either no playoffs or a disappointing playoff loss.  And, yet, the Patriots almost never have fired a coach under BB (I can't even think of one other example off the top of my head -- maybe Dean Pees who said he left voluntarily 7 or 8 years ago was actually forced out, but the bottom line is that it almost never happens).  So for their OL coach to actually think a few weeks ago that he might be fired shows that this was brewing for awhile and was not a knee-jerk reaction or scapegoating for the loss.  

How many days did Rex last?  Oh, less than 24 hours.  Got it.

He was not a good OL coach.  The Scarnechia protégé did not have the same success as his mentor.

The OL was a mess last year before a visit from Scar kind of righted the ship.

This year the OL was a mess all year.

Scar dealt with injuries as well.  He developed players so when there were injuries, the subs were not a complete disaster.

There are things to bitch about in regards to the Patriots, but this is not one of them.

How many days did Rex last?  Oh, less than 24 hours.  Got it.

He was not a good OL coach.  The Scarnechia protégé did not have the same success as his mentor.

The OL was a mess last year before a visit from Scar kind of righted the ship.

This year the OL was a mess all year.

Scar dealt with injuries as well.  He developed players so when there were injuries, the subs were not a complete disaster.

There are things to bitch about in regards to the Patriots, but this is not one of them.

He should have been replaced last season in that case right?

It's the optics, tons of teams have made coaching changes this off season, including the jets as i pointed out.  How many of them did it less than 24 hours after a game in which their oline got a beat down.  And not just because they had a bad injured oline and a bad oline coach. 

No running game at all.  Few screen type plays. 

It's a big excuse move, 'this guy caused us to lose thus he is fired.'  But not fired after a day or two when things cool down a bit but less than a day after the game.  Scape goat move if there every was one.

Archived