When the Patriot Dynasty Ends...

nj meadowlands

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And their "fans" will disappear.

Indeed

Someone asked me the other day, who has been the 2nd best AFC East QB since Brady started... Scary that the answer may be Pennington.  Though, my answer was 10-games of Favre.

Fitz

Only 4 years????

Name another team in the history of the NFL that has totally dominated for 15 straight years.

The Steelers, 49ers and Cowboys were NFL bottom-feeders 2-3 years after their Super Bowl wins.

Name another team that was found guilty of organizational cheating on the field.

Twice? 

but you acknowledged he could hit Gronk, essentially saying if he has a down field weapon he can hit them

More like Gronk can catch anything remotely near him.  Brady's downfield threats for the past decade have essentially been the most athletically gifted WR in NFL history and the most athletically gifted TE in NFL history.  I think as long as he's got those, he can move the ball downfield.  Short of that, you're looking at a guy who's doing exactly what his strengths allow.

The Pats* cheated, they don't belong in the same breath as the Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, or Niners dynasties. Never will. 

wasn't the steeler dynasty built on steroids?  we have been over the cheating of the Niners. 

when will fans learn all teams will look to find an edge any way they can. 

Ric Flair cheated and he is the greatest of all time. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Steroids, HGH, Videos, Salary Cap manipulations, sticky stuff, slippery stuff = all part of the NFL but in the end players make plays and those that make more of them win.

"The dirtiest player in the game"

Now his daughter seems to be taken on that model. 

The misconception is that its all brady.  Bellichek is the guy who runs the ship.  They will replace brady and roll along just fine.  They did it for 1 season with an absolute scrub in cassel.

I wouldnt be expecting the dynasty to fall anytime soon.  Bellichek will coach for another 10 years. 

I disagree Joe. I think Brady made Belichick more than the other way around. If BB was such a freakin 'genius' why couldn't he win with Drew Bledsoe? A true genius can take his and beat yours and then take yours and beat his. BB's greatest genius is in disgiusing ways to circumvent the system of rules designed to make for an even or level playing field. He cheats in other words and everyone in the sports world knows it. When Brady rides off BB will too, because you can cheat all you want but you have to have a top flight QB to make it work. What was his record in Cleveland? Not good enough to take him with them to Baltimore.

I disagree Joe. I think Brady made Belichick more than the other way around. If BB was such a freakin 'genius' why couldn't he win with Drew Bledsoe? A true genius can take his and beat yours and then take yours and beat his. BB's greatest genius is in disgiusing ways to circumvent the system of rules designed to make for an even or level playing field. He cheats in other words and everyone in the sports world knows it. When Brady rides off BB will too, because you can cheat all you want but you have to have a top flight QB to make it work. What was his record in Cleveland? Not good enough to take him with them to Baltimore.

Yea cause Parcell won with Bledsoe right??

Or Greg Williams did when he was in Buffalo too?

Yea cause Parcell won with Bledsoe right??

Or Greg Williams did when he was in Buffalo too?

Parcells got to a Super Bowl w/ Bledsoe, BB went 5-13 w/ him.  are you comparing Gregg Williams to BB? and in 2001 Buf was 3-13, w/ Bledsoe the next season 8-8.

Bledsoe w/o BB was 93-82 w/ all other coaches

5-13 w/ BB

Parcells got to a Super Bowl w/ Bledsoe, BB went 5-13 w/ him.  are you comparing Gregg Williams to BB? and in 2001 Buf was 3-13, w/ Bledsoe the next season 8-8.

Bledsoe w/o BB was 93-82 w/ all other coaches

5-13 w/ BB

You know i'm not comparing Greg Williams with BB. The statement was, why BB didn't win with Bledsoe..my point, no coach did.

Parcells got to a Super Bowl w/Bledsoe, did you forget how that SB went against the Packers?,How Bledsoe do? Did you forget the only reason the Pats got there is because the eventual champs Broncos got upset by the upstart jaguars.

How was Parcells with Bledsoe in Dallas? And BB won a AFC title game with Bledsoe as his starter. They call him a "genius" for a reason. People can hate that all they want, but people around football longer than any of us gave him that name. Oh well, he has a proven record, his time in Cleveland (his actual first time being a head coach as well) means crap, because very few coaches have  had great success in other places they coached.

Jimmy Johnson

George Seifert

Mike Holmgren

Mike Shanahan

You know i'm not comparing Greg Williams with BB. The statement was, why BB didn't win with Bledsoe..my point, no coach did.

Parcells got to a Super Bowl w/Bledsoe, did you forget how that SB went against the Packers?,How Bledsoe do? Did you forget the only reason the Pats got there is because the eventual champs Broncos got upset by the upstart jaguars.

How was Parcells with Bledsoe in Dallas? And BB won a AFC title game with Bledsoe as his starter. They call him a "genius" for a reason. People can hate that all they want, but people around football longer than any of us gave him that name. Oh well, he has a proven record, his time in Cleveland (his actual first time being a head coach as well) means crap, because very few coaches have  had great success in other places they coached.

Jimmy Johnson

George Seifert

Mike Holmgren

Mike Shanahan

again:

BB w/ Bledsoe: 5-13

all other coaches w/ Bledsoe: 93-82

so other coaches did win w/ him a lot more than BB did.

Bledsoe was awful against GB but they got there.

Bill is a football genius, that doesn't make him a great HC.  I have said over and over he has developed into a great HC(though he has made some crazy decisions that have backfired of late) but never gets that chance w/o Brady.

JJ led Miami to 3 postseasons

Seifert inherited a dynasty in SF so he's not a great coach though he did take them to 8-8 after inheriting a 4-12 team.

Holmgren led Seattle to a SB

I am anti Shanahan as he has done little w/ Elway/TD BUT he did lead Den back to a title game and did lead Wash to a div title.

again:

BB w/ Bledsoe: 5-13

all other coaches w/ Bledsoe: 93-82

so other coaches did win w/ him a lot more than BB did.

Bledsoe was awful against GB but they got there.

Bill is a football genius, that doesn't make him a great HC.  I have said over and over he has developed into a great HC(though he has made some crazy decisions that have backfired of late) but never gets that chance w/o Brady.

JJ led Miami to 3 postseasons

Seifert inherited a dynasty in SF so he's not a great coach though he did take them to 8-8 after inheriting a 4-12 team.

Holmgren led Seattle to a SB

I am anti Shanahan as he has done little w/ Elway/TD BUT he did lead Den back to a title game and did lead Wash to a div title.

Where are you getting these numbers with Bledsoe from? At the end of the day Drew Bledsoe was not that great of a quarterback. Other coaches according to you won games w bledsoe, so all of a sudden that is a measuring stick for BB?

Rex won games with Geno Smith, we both know right now neither are any good. As I said before we just don't agree. Brady and BB success does have a lot to do with each other, but who is to say Brady would have the same success without BB as well?

A great QB covers a lot up, but if you are a great coach you're a great coach. JJ, Seifert, Holmgren and Shanahan did not have the same success they had when they coached in Dallas, SF and GB. They were hired by other franchises to achieve the same success and they didn't. You telling me those 3 are better head coaches then BB?

I have no problem with the bold decisions BB makes in games. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Gotta take risk sometimes....

Where are you getting these numbers with Bledsoe from? At the end of the day Drew Bledsoe was not that great of a quarterback. Other coaches according to you won games, so all of a sudden that is a measuring stick for BB? Rex won games with Geno Smith, we both now right now neither are any good. As I said before we just don't agree. Brady and BB success does have a lot to do with each other, but who is to say Brady would have the same success without BB as well?

A great QB covers a lot up, but if you are a great coach you're a great coach. JJ, Seifert, Holmgren and Shanahan did not have the same success they had when they coached in Dallas, SF and GB. They were hired by other franchises to achieve the same success and they didn't. You telling me those 3 are better head coaches then BB?

I have no problem with the Bold decisions BB makes in games. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Gotta take risk sometimes....

I never said Drew was great but the facts are he has a winning record w/o BB and a losing record w/ him. My #s come from http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BledDr00.htm

you mentioned no one had won w/ Drew, BP made a SB with him.  There's winning some games and then winning in postseason.

Those guys didn't have the same success but they had success unlike BP w/o Brady(w/ the exception of Seifert).  BP was not highly though of us a HC, no one cared that he left for NE.  I remember a ranking going into 2001 that had him ranked dead last among coaches,  they start 0-2 w/ Bledsoe then the second Brady comes in everything changes.

It's easier to take risks w/ Brady to make up for them if they don't work. 

Yes he's a great HC but that has been developed over time.  Time he wouldn't have had w/o Brady.

I never said Drew was great but the facts are he has a winning record w/o BB and a losing record w/ him. My #s come from http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BledDr00.htm

you mentioned no one had won w/ Drew, BP made a SB with him.  There's winning some games and then winning in postseason.

Those guys didn't have the same success but they had success unlike BP w/o Brady(w/ the exception of Seifert).  BP was not highly though of us a HC, no one cared that he left for NE.  I remember a ranking going into 2001 that had him ranked dead last among coaches,  they start 0-2 w/ Bledsoe then the second Brady comes in everything changes.

It's easier to take risks w/ Brady to make up for them if they don't work.

Yes he's a great HC but that has been developed over time.  Time he wouldn't have had w/o Brady.

and there's winning ultimately and for a long period of time. Which he has, and shouldn't need to prove otherwise at this point. You must of forgot how this whole "border war" started. The jets wanted BB and were  pist he left for NE. you are fixed on his early years coaching also realizing over time, you do get better, you do develop. You don't stay head coaching because you just have a great QB. There are so many more aspect to coaching, that you fail to realize.  You are in the minority that feels his success is otherwise. That just where the debate ends(you are entitled to your opinion though).

So circumventing the salary cap, using stickum, spraying your jersey with pam and falsely saying your headsets are down is not cheating?

RRrrrriiiiggggghhhtttt!!!! 

You want to compare pam to STEALING OTHER TEAMS PLAY SHEETS AN HOUR BEFORE KICKOFF ???  I guess you are so terrified of pulling back the curtain you didn't read it.  I will post a nice 10 minute read for you. 

Archived