Sheldon pleads guilty...

BroadwayJets

the one NFL rule he did break was not informing his team of the offense. in light of his previous suspensions he might not be in position to be 'let off with a warning' 

prediction: he gets suspended for 1 or 2 games max

Maybe he could try the Tom Brady defense of, "The rules don't specifically say I would be suspended if I didn't quickly inform the team of that offense." 

What's good for the goose, and all that. Precedent has been set. :)  

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

umm

resisting arrest is not a moving violation or traffic ticket

I would like to see the jets show some sack and handle the punishment, then the NFL may back off

Well there are different types of resisting arrest he pulled into a driveway and turned off his lights..Then there is the type when your fighting with cops trying to get away..

Well there are different types of resisting arrest he pulled into a driveway and turned off his lights..Then there is the type when your fighting with cops trying to get away..

no sh*t, lol

and neither case is a simple moving violation or traffic ticket, so what is your point ?  

No suspension.  No NFL-related rule was broken, no one was harmed, and there is validity to the NFL suspending him for this plea.

Don;t get me wrong, our joke justice system SHOULD have put this idiot away, in real prison, for a while.

But since they didn't, the idiot in question should fight, in court, ANY suspension the league hands out.  

After all, we have seen how well that works.

unfortunately his act falls under violating the league personal conduct policy ( endangering a minor, and resisting arrest)  .     The players union gave the commissioner the power to give out any suspension he felt warrant - under that personal conduct policy .   ( Tom Brady ruling will eventually be overturned by the courts-).    It's not a right to play in the NFL, but a privelage.

He probably gets a game or two . We won't hear the suspension till the Nll decides to suspend him, and after  it's appealed by Sheldon Richardson. ( could take some time)

unfortunately his act falls under violating the league personal conduct policy ( endangering a minor, and resisting arrest)  .     The players union gave the commissioner the power to give out any suspension he felt warrant - under that personal conduct policy .   ( Tom Brady ruling will eventually be overturned by the courts-).    It's not a right to play in the NFL, but a privelage.

He probably gets a game or two . We won't hear the suspension till the Nll decides to suspend him, and it's appealed by Sheldon Richardson. 

He wasn't charged with endangering a minor..

The tickets were traffic related he didn't just rob a bank..LOL

what if he robbed an ATM from his car, traffic ticket ?

the point is do you punish him or let him walk ?

I take a leadership position, set an example, and suspend him for the opener

He wasn't charged with endangering a minor..

Still driving  that fast in the car with minor in the backseat is an embarrassment to the league.( not to mention officer said he smelled weed- guy who was just suspended four games for failing multiple drug test.   I think that falls under personal conduct.

See Aldon Smith latest incident( hitting a parked car, and leaving the scene ) the Police dropped the Charges( Aldon Smith probably paid the car owner off- wouldn't press charges ) , and still didn't prevent the league from suspending him for a year.no one could prove he was drunk when he hit that car- but it didn't matter as it fell under the leagues personal conduct policy.( it's all subjective to what the commissioner thinks- eventually the union will have some guidelines the league have to follow- next collective bargain agreement.

what if he robbed an ATM from his car, traffic ticket ?

the point is do you punish him or let him walk ?

I take a leadership position, set an example, and suspend him for the opener

Are you equating robbery and speeding?? Look I know you want Sheldon and Snacks gone among others so they can pay your Bro Mo whatever he wants..B) I do agree the team should handle punishment and a opening day suspension would be fine with me.. 

Are you equating robbery and speeding?? Look I know you want Sheldon and Snacks gone among others so they can pay your Bro Mo whatever he wants..B) I do agree the team should handle punishment and a opening day suspension would be fine with me.. 

yes.  I am saying robbery is speeding and get rid of everybody except mo.   ya got me

Still driving  that fast in the car with minor in the backseat is an embarrassment to the league.( not to mention officer said he smelled weed- guy who was just suspended four games for failing multiple drug test.   I think that falls under personal conduct.

See Aldon Smith latest incident( hitting a parked car) the Police dropped the Charges, and still didn't prevent the league for suspending him for a year.

Aldon Smith was charged with a DUI hit and run and vandalism.. He also told a TSA agent at LAX he had a bomb..LOL

Aldon Smith was charged with a DUI hit and run and vandalism.. He also told a TSA agent at LAX he had a bomb..LOL

Those charges were all dropped , as the owner wouldn't press charges( yes he probably paid the guy off) and the police couldn't prove he was under the influence(dui).    The incident at the airport was a different incident.( two different time frames)

The point is his charges were dropped , and he still got a suspension.    Richardson pleaded guilty, and in a way admitted he violated the league personal conduct policy. 

not to mention officer said he smelled weed- guy who was just suspended four games for failing multiple drug test.   I think that falls under personal conduct.

Irrelevant. 100% hearsay. You suspend him for that, the appeal will be done and dusted before you even issue a statement.

Imagine the scenario ... cop who's a Bengals fan pulls over Big Ben, says he "seemed drunk, or stoned, and I'm sure he had HGH in a pocket or something". Does Ben get suspended??

If teams thought Ray Rice was still a dynamic running threat, a team would have signed him, he was not signed becuase he is an old, small RB, who is not worth the hassle he will bring. If he was worht the hassle, he would have been signed.

Doubt it.  This was a big one.  Beating your girl, dragging her into the elevator, on video for all to see is tough to explain to a fanbase.  No one wants games and practices picketed by women's rights groups. 

Irrelevant. 100% hearsay. You suspend him for that, the appeal will be done and dusted before you even issue a statement.

Imagine the scenario ... cop who's a Bengals fan pulls over Big Ben, says he "seemed drunk, or stoned, and I'm sure he had HGH in a pocket or something". Does Ben get suspended??

irrelevant because there were two other adults in the car.  No one mentions this.  Even if the report was true, that the cop smelled weed, there is no proof that it was Sheldon smoking.  

Archived