Sheldon pleads guilty...

BroadwayJets

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubt it.  This was a big one.  Beating your girl, dragging her into the elevator, on video for all to see is tough to explain to a fanbase.  No one wants games and practices picketed by women's rights groups. 

Without minimizing one bit what Rice did, what Hardy did was worse, and he is back in the league because he is still seen as a dominating player.

It was more than traffic tickets or hiding in a driveway. He took a plea deal. Which means he got a break in return for admitting guilt. The league doesn't have anything to do with legal proceedings. If there us enough evidence to reasonably believe he committed the acts that were dismissed as part of the plea agreement, that's enough. Sheldon disposed of the weed while driving 143 mph and it wasnt recovered so he didn't have to face trial due to lack of evidence. The odor in the car is enough to reasonably believe he committed the act of possession of CDS in a motor vehicle and destruction of evidence. A 12 year old in a vehicle doing over 100 mph?  Wasn't eligible for child endangerment but should have been. The resisting arrest was not solely due to him hiding after the fact. It was a reduction of the eluding charge (plea bargain).  I see this stuff all the time. Bottom line is Sheldon caught sn enormous break legally, simply because courts cant take everything to trial. Most cases (like 90%) are plead out as a necessity.  Doesn't mean the league has to abide by those standards.  He'll get suspended and he deserves it. Especially for showing up to court wearing red sneakers. a$$hole. 

irrelevant because there were two other adults in the car.  No one mentions this.  Even if the report was true, that the cop smelled weed, there is no proof that it was Sheldon smoking.  

+1 I have a friend that smoked Cigs and even 3 months after he quit the car still smells of smoke..

Without minimizing one bit what Rice did, what Hardy did was worse, and he is back in the league because he is still seen as a dominating player.

I agree but the Hardy incident wasnt on video for all to see.  I know there were pictures but they weren't as widely publicized and pictures of bruises are not as dramatic as being knocked down and dragged onto an elevator.  

Plus the girl took a payout to drop charges, hardly as sympathetic as the poor fiance Rice carted out 

Archived