Board Upgrade - Tuesday 2/3/16 6pm Eastern Time

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Admin said:

Ok, there shouldn't be anymore cache issues, as I have created a new theme, so the paths are all different.

Test your smilies, they should be fine now. :swing:

When I click the smilie button I get the same empty box that I emailed you. Weird.

On a good note, I am not getting logged out anymore. Fingers crossed on that.

39 minutes ago, Admin said:

I just cleared the server cache as well. let me know. 

Perfect. I see the smilies. I am not getting logged out.  I will continue to monitor and get feedback to see where we are at. Thanks for all your help Rhett.

So I started another thread, and this was unrelated to the upgrade, but I screwed up and deleted data accidentally. So we had to restore from backup and the posts from Friday are now gone.

The good news is that all known issues with the upgrade seem to be resolved and last time we checked tapatalk was working well.

If you gave site feedback on Friday, or if you see any issues, please post in here and give us your thoughts.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

would you like to receive notifications from this website ?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

literally every time I change tabs or pages, I get this pop-up and I can't kill it !!!

I am using a PC and firefox

if doesn't happen anywhere else

1 hour ago, Larz said:

literally every time I change tabs or pages, I get this pop-up and I can't kill it !!!

Can you screen print it?

This thread was missing for a while, so I posted what I said below in another thread.

Max:  I just tried to give JF80 rep and got this error message: 2S119/1.  Also, just like before the new update, I was logged out by the system.

EDIT:  Just got logged out two more times after posting.  Should I take the hint? lol

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

This thread was missing for a while, so I posted what I said below in another thread.

Max:  I just tried to give JF80 rep and got this error message: 2S119/1.  Also, just like before the new update, I was logged out by the system.

EDIT:  Just got logged out two more times after posting.  Should I take the hint? lol

Thank you. We will take a look at both of these and will get back to you with an update.

Max:  I know you and Rhett have lots on your plate.  So I don't expect an immediate answer.

A few minutes ago, I tried to quote and it would not let me.  It kept going back to a post in the same thread, but not the one I was attempting to post.  Also did not let me rep.

Thanks.  Hang in there.

47 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Max:  I know you and Rhett have lots on your plate.  So I don't expect an immediate answer.

A few minutes ago, I tried to quote and it would not let me.  It kept going back to a post in the same thread, but not the one I was attempting to post.  Also did not let me rep.

Thanks.  Hang in there.

Can you let me know what operating system/device this is on and can you try clearing your browser cache and cookies then retest?

3 hours ago, Larz said:

This is a cookie based setting, so in this case if you close firefox, and it is clearing your cookies when you do, next time you open it it would ask again. I would accept them and be done though perhaps. You can adjust your notifications in your settings if you don't want any notifications though. 

46 minutes ago, Admin said:
50 minutes ago, Admin said:

Just select yes, they are fancy browser notifications, or you can not accept it if needed, but they are nice.

This is a cookie based setting, so in this case if you close firefox, and it is clearing your cookies when you do, next time you open it it would ask again. I would accept them and be done though perhaps. You can adjust your notifications in your settings if you don't want any notifications though. 

I think I killed it, txs

wasn't sure what kind of notifications it was talking about

1 hour ago, Admin said:

Can you let me know what operating system/device this is on and can you try clearing your browser cache and cookies then retest?

Mac OSX El Capitan.  I'll head over and clear cache & cookies.  

EDIT:  Was just able to give rep and the site did not log me out. Also could select the post I wanted to quote.  Maybe the cache/cookies was the issue.  I'll let you know if anything happens again.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

quoting is still screwed up.  If I have already quoted someone and posted in a thread, If I later try to quote a different post in that same thread, the old quote one keeps showing up.  Lame.

Can you please clear your browser cache and try again? Also let me know what operating system and browser you are using please? 

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Mac OSX El Capitan.  I'll head over and clear cache & cookies.  

EDIT:  Was just able to give rep and the site did not log me out. Also could select the post I wanted to quote.  Maybe the cache/cookies was the issue.  I'll let you know if anything happens again.  Thanks.

That is great to hear, thank you.

4 hours ago, Larz said:

I think I killed it, txs

wasn't sure what kind of notifications it was talking about

Good to hear, there should be a setting to "not for this site etc" if you just dismiss it, it will come back again, you would need to select "never for this site if needed"

1 minute ago, Admin said:

Good to hear, there should be a setting to "not for this site etc" if you just dismiss it, it will come back again, you would need to select "never for this site if needed"

I just accept the notifications, and every now and then I hear a tone telling me somebody replied to the thread I have open

there won't be any time-share spam, right ?

Just now, Larz said:

I just accept the notifications, and every now and then I hear a tone telling me somebody replied to the thread I have open

there won't be any time-share spam, right ?

That is the preferred method, I like them personally as I'm not always staring at the tab etc, so it help in my case, just as it did now to see this reply. :)  

No spam, nothing harmful at all, it just allows the site to use your browsers built in notifications to display your notifications that you select in your settings. :) 

Since the upgrade, notifications or the dot/star next to a thread title brings me to the first post in the thread (or the top of the last page I read) rather than the last post I read or the post I was notified about. I don't see anyone else complaining about this, so I'm wondering if it's something on my end. Happens on my iPhone, iPad, and PC at work - so it definitely would seem to be account related. 

Max/Rhett:  Once again, the site has me logged out every time I exit and return.  This never happened to me before the upgrade a while back.  The problem was corrected after the recent upgrade, but returned after whatever occurred on Friday.  Not a major deal, but annoying.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Max/Rhett:  Once again, the site has me logged out every time I exit and return.  This never happened to me before the upgrade a while back.  The problem was corrected after the recent upgrade, but returned after whatever occurred on Friday.  Not a major deal, but annoying.

Thanks.

No it is a big deal, it was happening to me the day after the upgrade and it is a pain. We will get it sorted out, thanks.

This is from @Smashmouth

When I hit the quote it opens the box and does fine but then it just times out after I'm finished typing my response to the quote so I can't post it. I I have to refresh most of the time losing everything I typed unless I copied it. At that point I try and re-do the quote but the other quote is still there and sometimes it merges them together even if I try to multi quote which is always a mess. Still can't use the back button in my browser it happens at work and at home. So I have to click the forums page and go back to where I originally started to read since the back button does absolutely nothing . Its very frustrating and its essential in the game we play for the quotes to work properly

6 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Thanks.

Delete your cookies and try again please, if it repeats, let me know what operating system and browser please. 

8 hours ago, slats said:

Since the upgrade, notifications or the dot/star next to a thread title brings me to the first post in the thread (or the top of the last page I read) rather than the last post I read or the post I was notified about. I don't see anyone else complaining about this, so I'm wondering if it's something on my end. Happens on my iPhone, iPad, and PC at work - so it definitely would seem to be account related. 

Please try clearing your browser cache, then try again, if it repeats, please provide a page this is happening on?  a forum page or the vnc stream?  

On 2/6/2016 at 10:52 AM, Dcat said:

quoting is still screwed up.  If I have already quoted someone and posted in a thread, If I later try to quote a different post in that same thread, the old quote one keeps showing up.  Lame.

Clear your browsers cache then try again please. 

3 hours ago, Admin said:

Delete your cookies and try again please, if it repeats, let me know what operating system and browser please. 

I did a few hours ago.  So far, so good.  But I cleared cache and cookies yesterday, then the log out issues happened earlier today.

Mac OSX El Capitan.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

I did a few hours ago.  So far, so good.  But I cleared cache and cookies yesterday, then the log out issues happened earlier today.

Mac OSX El Capitan.

What browser? and let me know if it happens again please. :) 

Archived