Board Upgrade - Tuesday 2/3/16 6pm Eastern Time

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Sorry.  Safari.

EDIT:  Rhett, just happened again as returned to JN.  I always have the "remember me" box selected.  Logged me right in during my first visit this morning.

I think this is happening to a lot of people, we have about 100 less logged in than normal (last 24 hours).

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Admin said:

Please try clearing your browser cache, then try again, if it repeats, please provide a page this is happening on?  a forum page or the vnc stream?  

Done, but it's still happening on the forum page. I get a notification that I was quoted, click on it, and it brings me to the top of the page the quote is in rather than directly to the post. When I click on the dot/star next to a thread title, it doesn't bring me to the last post I read, but to the top of the page where I last read. 

3 hours ago, slats said:

Done, but it's still happening on the forum page. I get a notification that I was quoted, click on it, and it brings me to the top of the page the quote is in rather than directly to the post. When I click on the dot/star next to a thread title, it doesn't bring me to the last post I read, but to the top of the page where I last read. 

There is no dot or star on the notification so I'm a little confused, here, which page with the dot/star are you referring too? the forum page? or the VNC/Stream?  Please provide a link to the page perhaps. 

54 minutes ago, Admin said:

There is no dot or star on the notification so I'm a little confused, here, which page with the dot/star are you referring too? the forum page? or the VNC/Stream?  Please provide a link to the page perhaps. 

Two different things doing the same thing. Both notifications and the dot/star next to thread titles bring me to the top of a page rather than to a specific post - all on the forum page. 

3 hours ago, Admin said:

Can you try a different browser to help narrow this down? I'm not able to duplicate using the following

WIn 10 - IE, Chrome FF

OSX - FF Safari, Chrome

Thank you 

Those features work on Safari on my iPad, but not Chome. I know they don't work on Chome on my PC at work, won't be able to test another browser until I get there tomorrow night - but yeah, definitely looks like it could be a Chome issue. 

Don't know if this already has been reported, but the "mark this forum read" tool seems to be misbehaving. It marks all unread posts as read all right, but if I close the browser and reopen it again, the posts appear unread again.

Running on IE11 (correction: Chrome) under Windows 10.

On 2/9/2016 at 8:52 PM, slats said:

Those features work on Safari on my iPad, but not Chome. I know they don't work on Chome on my PC at work, won't be able to test another browser until I get there tomorrow night - but yeah, definitely looks like it could be a Chome issue. 

Ipads and third party apps such as chrome can be a bit tricky, we target safari on IOS specifically, but do not test with chrome on an ipad, as safari is so good on ios it's not really common to run chrome on it. I'll do some testing though now that I know your os and browser device though. 

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

Is there any way to have the new software give me a real time or near real time dashboard to track the number of posts that a certain poster has made in the Wilkerson to the Raiders thread?

That thread reminds me...   even better, can the new software help certain posters learn the difference between facts and opinions?

On 2/3/2016 at 6:45 PM, Admin said:

If you see any problems please post up in this topic. :)  

There is a problem with the symbols at the top when starting a topic and responding. The smiley says code the gear says link and the link says emoticon. And the alignment symbol says quote. I tried inserting a link using emoticon but it didn't work. The link symbol syas align right. 

3 hours ago, Xtina said:

There is a problem with the symbols at the top when starting a topic and responding. The smiley says code the gear says link and the link says emoticon. And the alignment symbol says quote. I tried inserting a link using emoticon but it didn't work. The link symbol syas align right. 

Excessive smiling is no longer permitted

3 hours ago, Xtina said:

And now I can't start a new topic without old quote marks that erroneously got into my previous attempt at doing so. 

That problem now seems to be fixed with the right commands going with the right symbols. But I still can't get the empty quote box out of any "new topic" I try to start, or type anything into the box or the post. 

6 minutes ago, Xtina said:

That problem now seems to be fixed with the right commands going with the right symbols. But I still can't get the empty quote box out of any "new topic" I try to start, or type anything into the box or the post. 

Does the box turn blue or stay black?

6 hours ago, jetrider said:

Does the box turn blue or stay black?

It is just outlined in black, the inside is white like the background. It says "quote" inside the box. I can't get a cursor inside it or anywhere inside the message. Why ask about color? 

10 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Although I logged on fine first thing this morning, the system had me logged out on my two recent returns.  Yes, the "remember me" box was selected.  Just thought you'd want to know.

EDIT:  Just happened again.

Thank you. We do want to know. I hope we have a fix soon for the small bugs that are left.

17 hours ago, EM31 said:

Is there any way to have the new software give me a real time or near real time dashboard to track the number of posts that a certain poster has made in the Wilkerson to the Raiders thread?

Yes from the forum list, if you click the # of posts in the thread, it will pop up a box that shows who posted in the thread, sorted by # of posts.

Please let me know if you have any problems.  Thanks.

7 hours ago, Xtina said:

I just had the exact same problem when I tried to quote and back out of it. IPB will hopefully get that fixed because that was an issue in the last version. In the meantime you can click on SOURCE, erase everything you see there and then click SOURCE again. That should do the trick.

But like I said hopefully the quote issue just starts behaving, that would be the preferred method. Thank you. :)

I would like to thank @Admin otherwise known as Rhett. He has been helping us out on his own time. He in no way shape or form has to give us all this help, but he does not out of love for the NY Jets, but just because he is a good dude.

Thanks Rhett.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I just had the exact same problem when I tried to quote and back out of it. IPB will hopefully get that fixed because that was an issue in the last version. In the meantime you can click on SOURCE, erase everything you see there and then click SOURCE again. That should do the trick.

But like I said hopefully the quote issue just starts behaving, that would be the preferred method. Thank you. :)

I just click the quote box and delete it when it turns blue. But thanks for the "source" method.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks, I did figure that out eventually and did do that. 

7 hours ago, jetrider said:

I just click the quote box and delete it when it turns blue. But thanks for the "source" method.

In this version of the problem you can't click on anything anywhere inside the post (no cursor), so you can't delete anything. Nothing turns blue

Max.. I think quoting is actually worse now. Just unusable. Not trying to give you a hard time, but just wanted you to know.

Now in addition to reloading quotes you had previously quoted and not submitted, it also reloads quotes AND non quote posts you've already made

For example, here's what the bottom of thread and the quote box looks like after attempting to quote my own post above... Note also that it's hard to remove this gunk cause you have to hit the source tab first, it'd be easier to just be able to delete it all

b1CMvt8.png

On February 8, 2016 at 6:22 PM, munchmemory said:

I did a few hours ago.  So far, so good.  But I cleared cache and cookies yesterday, then the log out issues happened earlier today.

Mac OSX El Capitan.

How do you like El Capitan? I think Yosemite was better and regret not keeping it. Hope the next version is better. 

10 minutes ago, jetrider said:

How do you like El Capitan? I think Yosemite was better and regret not keeping it. Hope the next version is better. 

I'm not having any issues with El Capitan.  I hate that Apple keeps monkeying with stuff.  You just get used to it and they launch an "upgrade".

30 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I'm not having any issues with El Capitan.  I hate that Apple keeps monkeying with stuff.  You just get used to it and they launch an "upgrade".

That's how they force you to buy a new computer cause your OS is only good for so many updates.

El Capitan is the first update I felt was a downgrade.

9 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Yes, tried it, still no smilies. The symbol is dead. Yesterday it opened a blank window, now it does nothing. 

Oh, so it's not just me. For the past day or so I've been having to manually type in the smilies. Problem is I don't know them all, so I've found myself having to look them up.

I just want the button back. :(

Archived