Jump to content

Board Upgrade - Tuesday 2/3/16 6pm Eastern Time


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Oh, so it's not just me. For the past day or so I've been having to manually type in the smilies. Problem is I don't know them all, so I've found myself having to look them up.

I just want the button back. :(

Agreed. It's too much work to look them up by their descriptions.emoticon-char-004.gif

A website this sophisticated needs the ultimate ULTIMATE most complete emoticon database for the serious completionist.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When the upgrade is completed you will be on Scout..

Please update your email address.

Godspeed, Max.  Vaja con dios.  

13 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Oh, so it's not just me. For the past day or so I've been having to manually type in the smilies. Problem is I don't know them all, so I've found myself having to look them up.

I just want the button back. :(

I looked into this last night, this is a conflict with the ad code, which is breaking this, Max is looking into this now. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Rhett, why are we having to constantly clear our cache and cookies to solve these problems?  It was never an issue before. 

You shouldn't have too, I never do for example, however some browsers are very picky, and due to the many operating systems and browsers supported, some have quirks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Admin said:

You shouldn't have too, I never do for example, however some browsers are very picky, and due to the many operating systems and browsers supported, some have quirks. 

You have asked me and several others to clear on several occasions.  I'm just wondering why.  It was never an issue before the recent upgrades.  And I have had the same browser since 2007.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Admin said:

I looked into this last night, this is a conflict with the ad code, which is breaking this, Max is looking into this now. 

 

 

Thanks.

I just disabled all ads.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2016 at 10:05 AM, munchmemory said:

You have asked me and several others to clear on several occasions.  I'm just wondering why.  It was never an issue before the recent upgrades.  And I have had the same browser since 2007.

Technology changes, caching items is the way forward, this is done at a server level, a software level, and a browser level in 2016, if someone is seeing issues as were mentioned, clearing the cache is the first step, so while most won't ever need to do so, some configurations on the user end are not something we can control. For example if you have browser side caching which is enabled by default on some browsers, that is not something we have clear in some cases.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...