Colin Kaepernick wants out of SF, prefers to join Jets. Thoughts???

Mogglez

Why not bring back Sanchez then? At least he got better year to year where Kaepernick regressed to pitiful. Not worth the time or money investment to fix for average QB play. 

Sanchez basically set a turnover record his 4th year here.  He most certainly didn't improve off his 2010 campaign.

I don't want any part of either. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously we don't want to overpay, but anyone who says no, should have their head examined.  This guy has more talent in his butt than Fitz has in his entire body.  You give any half way decent qb, Marshall, Decker, a solid run game and a quality OC who has a history of helping qbs excel and you they can have a Fitz type season.   You bring Kaep in here and let Gailey work with him and we will have our best shot to dethrone the Pats.  This guy has played in two NFC championship games and came close to leading his team to a  super bowl victory and everyone is like "he is garbage".  I know that that was three years ago, and last year he didn't play well, (he was also hurt for part of the season).    We have not been to the big game in over 45 years; make it happen Mac. 

Ummmmmm this....

Fitz played very well for us this year but to think for one moment that he is turned his career around and Kap can't is just plain silly.  I think if the Jets get him you keep Fitz as starter and let Kap sit for one year...

If we could Kap at the right price - and only at the right price - I say we go for it. He's banged up but would do wonders for the Jets. It's not guaranteed that Fitz will have the season that he had, and let's not forget, almost all of his wins came against sub-500 teams. And let's please stop talking about Bryce Petty. Ever since Brady was drafted in the 4th round, everyone thinks QBs drafted late have the potential to be HOFers. Brady was a once in a lifetime thing. We all know Geno isn't going to do it either. 

He might be a better back-up than Geno. But, I'm not giving up picks to get him, nor am I taking on that contract.

If he's cut, sign him for a low price (vet minimum, perhaps) and have him compete for the backup role. Do not hand him the starting job. But, if the Jets end up drafting another QB, and they think highly of both Petty and new guy, and they can't stash said QB on the PS, and they don't want to carry 4 QBs on the roster, then I don't see them keeping Kap over either Fitz, Petty, or new QB. Geno and Kap would be the odd men out in that scenario, and I don't even think Kap beating Geno is a given. Kap looked woeful last season, as @Jet in PA demonstrated above in the gif (absolutely horrendous. Geno looked... okay, in his one game with no starter reps in the week.

Kap didn't play that badly in his last year with Harbraugh. You have to take into consideration that the 49er's were undergoing major changes and lost several key players that affected their overall play.  Habraugh was also in extreme conflict with 49er management which obviously affected everyone on that team.  Kap is a unique talent. He is still in his prime and recovering from some injuries that also hampered his prior production.  The 49er team last year was a total joke so that doesn't even become  a factor in my eyes.   Wouldn't want to trade for him as the Niners will eventually have to cut him.  He is done in SF.  Not sure what his veto trade options are but he wants to come here so that's a plus.  He is only 28 and has gone through the learning phase in the NFL.  Fitz surprised us all with his late blooming and could still start for the time being.  If he falls off or gets injured, Kap would be a valuable asset and could ultimately take over in a year or two. Under the right circumstances and feasible contract, I'd make Kap a Jet in a heartbeat.           

Why not?  We wouldn't bring him at his cap number, no one will.  Wait for him to be cut and sign him on the cheap.  If he sucks so be it.  If he goes back to what he was you have a QB who has proven he can get to the SB.  

I do think Gaileys offense could be good for Cap, and the offensive weapons would be helpful too. If they could find a way to get him on a reasonable deal, you have to do it, but I don't think you can bet big on him, he just has not shown the ability to respond to the adjustments the NFL made to him.

Kid was in the Super Bowl a couple years ago with a dominant defense and Crabtree, Jenkins and Ted Ginn Jr at receiver vs the Ravens  . Got to at least consider it. 

don't forget Vernon Davis in beast mode too. Also, don't underestimate Harboughs affect.

You guys sayin' Kaep was carried by the team to the postseason like Sanchez? Oh whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa

Fitz had an amazing season and we will be fortunate if he can even come close to the numbers he put up this upcoming season.  We have to assume that Fitz had a career year and at his age and history we need to explore whatever options are out there.  Kap is young and had a few very good seasons.  The 49'ers as a whole were in shambles last year which affected everyone.  I think we should explore a way to get him here and definitely cut or trade Geno.

A quarterback that WANTS TO play for the Jets??  When was the last time we heard that?

Fitz had an amazing season and we will be fortunate if he can even come close to the numbers he put up this upcoming season.  We have to assume that Fitz had a career year and at his age and history we need to explore whatever options are out there.  Kap is young and had a few very good seasons.  The 49'ers as a whole were in shambles last year which affected everyone.  I think we should explore a way to get him here and definitely cut or trade Geno.

A quarterback that WANTS TO play for the Jets??  When was the last time we heard that?

Fitz is a better passer than Kaep.  He also won't cost a $100 million deal plus an $11 million cap hit next year.

Kaep is the qb version of Ridley.  You guys obviously didn't watch him play last year he was benched for Blaine Gabbert for a reason he is horrible 

Fitz is a better passer than Kaep.  He also won't cost a $100 million deal plus an $11 million cap hit next year.

Kaep is the qb version of Ridley.  You guys obviously didn't watch him play last year he was benched for Blaine Gabbert for a reason he is horrible 

that idiot of a head coach decided to run an offense completely different than the offense Kaep played with Harbaugh and succeeded with.  Guessing that has to taken into consideration.   

Thinking Harbaugh might be a better judge than a one and done HCing failure.

There is no way we take on his salary.  We would bring him in if he is cut or if we do trade then that contract needs to be re worked.  I'm not a cotract/cap guy but I would imagine something could be worked out. Is Fitz a better passer?  I'm not sure about that.  You can say Fitz may be a smarter passer and have a better completion percentage because he is a quick short passing QB.  Kap can spread the field more.  I really think he can do good in this system.

Kap didn't play that badly in his last year with Harbraugh. You have to take into consideration that the 49er's were undergoing major changes and lost several key players that affected their overall play.  Habraugh was also in extreme conflict with 49er management which obviously affected everyone on that team.  Kap is a unique talent. He is still in his prime and recovering from some injuries that also hampered his prior production.  The 49er team last year was a total joke so that doesn't even become  a factor in my eyes.   Wouldn't want to trade for him as the Niners will eventually have to cut him.  He is done in SF.  Not sure what his veto trade options are but he wants to come here so that's a plus.  He is only 28 and has gone through the learning phase in the NFL.  Fitz surprised us all with his late blooming and could still start for the time being.  If he falls off or gets injured, Kap would be a valuable asset and could ultimately take over in a year or two. Under the right circumstances and feasible contract, I'd make Kap a Jet in a heartbeat.           

Yeah, I thought there could be circumstances surrounding the team and talent that caused the drop off in his play, but I don't really pay attention to the 49ers that much, so I couldn't say. I'd take him to for the right price, but I'm just not that optimistic about his future. No doubt he has a great physical skill set, but so does Geno.

It could be a good risk to take, but I wouldn't bank on him suddenly dominating again. Although, that IS a nice thought. :)

Woody Johnson

Nah. Tanny proved last year with his ridiculous signing of Suh that he singlehandedly ****ed up the Jets with an assist from Rex. Tanny was the one negotiating the contracts so he gets the most blame IMO. 

He did it to please Woody, no doubt. But I don't see Woody being the type who pushes for specific moves. I think he just wants to win. I don't think Woody has a clue as to how to go about doing it and places too much trust in his football people and that was his downfall with Tanny. Tanny is a boob who confuses big names with big talent. 

I think back to Hard Knocks and how proud Tanny was with himself for generating headlines that he actually was printing out the articles to hand to Woody for praise. I sincerely doubt any other GM in the league has ever done that. 

Good post.  All we hear around here is how great Fitz played, that he had a career year....Where did that get the Jets?  10 wins, miss the playoffs (losing to the Eagles, Texans and Bills twice) I'm sorry but If that's the best we're gonna get out Fitz - why would anyone not want to take a shot on Kaep?  sometimes I just don't get this fanbase.

Yeah, I thought there could be circumstances surrounding the team and talent that caused the drop off in his play, but I don't really pay attention to the 49ers that much, so I couldn't say. I'd take him to for the right price, but I'm just not that optimistic about his future. No doubt he has a great physical skill set, but so does Geno.

It could be a good risk to take, but I wouldn't bank on him suddenly dominating again. Although, that IS a nice thought. :)

This is right...

You certainly can't count on him dominating again - but what great options do we have?  I wouldn't stop drafting QB's but to simply say "NO" to a talent that like (that has won and played exceptionally well at times)  makes no sense.

Good post.  All we hear around here is how great Fitz played, that he had a career year....Where did that get the Jets?  10 wins, miss the playoffs (losing to the Eagles, Texans and Bills twice) I'm sorry but If that's the best we're gonna get out Fitz - why would anyone not want to take a shot on Kaep?  sometimes I just don't get this fanbase.

Me and you both FJ; me and you both... 

This is right...

You certainly can't count on him dominating again - but what great options do we have?  I wouldn't stop drafting QB's but to simply say "NO" to a talent that like (that has won and played exceptionally well at times)  makes no sense.

I'm thinking of two option for how our QB depth chart looks going into next season:

1) Fitz--Geno--Petty

2)Fitz--Petty--Draft Pick

I think it would all depend on who they draft or what round they draft a QB in. If they they could stash him on the PS, then we're looking at one, in which Kap COULD beat out Geno for the back-up position. If it's a higher round QB that they can't stash, do they dump either Petty or draft QB just for Kap?

Archived