Report: Raiders Interested in Wilkerson

JetNation

4 minutes ago, EM31 said:

My mistake

I thought that paying Curtis the amount of money that we paid him was stupid.  I thought that should have been clear to a bright fellow such of yourself when I talked about "negotiating against ourselves.

Anything else I can help you with?

Your posts are a series of mistakes. Luckily this one is just in your head - not such a big deal. I get that repeating a point no one cares about - you're not super special unique for going out on a limb and saying that paying a 30 year old RB with 2600+ carries under his belt was a mistake - was just meant to gloss over your larger point when bringing him into the convo. That said, the secret to the dumb in that opinion was you equated it with paying a 27 year old DE/DT, which is not eben kinda sorta the same thing. 

You can help me by forming more informed, less butthurt opinons, but I won't hold my breath. Maybe treat us to another post from the minds of the two foozeball GMs?

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Can you believe there's probably a dozen of you and the best you guys have is misquoting a true statement, when properly quoted, over and over? I loved that you ran off from that Klecko talk once you smelt smoke yesterday.

I asked a question and you answered it saying you think Mo will have a better career then Joe.. How is that running off?? The problem you have is you don't discuss football or even Mo. You base all your arguments on whatever you post is fact and everyone else's opinions are wrong.. Soon Max will have to make a safe place like some colleges have for anyone that disagree's with you..:rolleyes:

Just now, SenorGato said:

Your posts are a series of mistakes. Luckily this one is just in your head - not such a big deal. I get that repeating a point no one cares about - you're not super special unique for going out on a limb and saying that paying a 30 year old RB with 2600+ carries under his belt was a mistake - was just meant to gloss over your larger point when bringing him into the convo. That said, the secret to the dumb in that opinion was you equated it with paying a 27 year old DE/DT, which is not eben kinda sorta the same thing. 

You can help me by forming more informed, less butthurt opinons, but I won't hold my breath. Maybe treat us to another post from the minds of the two foozeball GMs?

Both Curtis Martin and now with Mo Wilkerson are examples of players who are seeking or who sought a payday above their market value or above their value to the team.  That was the common thread tying them together.

Curtis was used because he was an example of the Jets having a history of overpaying in these kinds of situations.

You are really not very good at this are you?

5 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Both Curtis Martin and now with Mo Wilkerson are examples of players who are seeking or who sought a payday above their market value or above their value to the team.  That was the common thread tying them together.

Based on equating a 30 year old, heavily used RB wth a 27 year old DE/DT. 

I know you considered that really in depth, hard hitting #analysis and #evaluating, but it wasn't and still isn't. Sorry to break it to you. You might need to consult the minds of the two GMs in your head again.

10 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Based on equating a 30 year old, heavily used RB wth a 27 year old DE/DT. 

I know you considered that really in depth, hard hitting #analysis and #evaluating, but it wasn't and still isn't. Sorry to break it to you. You might need to consult the minds of the two GMs again.

Based on equating overpaying to overpaying

One of the two GM's was an idiot who thinks Wilkerson is going to Canton and that we should pay him no matter what.  I simply jumped to the logical end game of that strategy which is to pay Wilkerson the entire team salary cap minus the minimum salary for the other fifty two players.  Problem solved.

To be honest it is pretty difficult to imagine what that particular GM might be thinking or even whether or not he does much thinking at all.

Perhaps you have some insight.... Never mind let me guess.  It has something to do with swings and misses. 

35 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Based on equating overpaying to overpaying

Which...again....is based on anyone buying an empty comparison between a 30 year old RB with 2600+ carries under him to a 27 year old DE/DT. 

Again, I know you consider this in depth #analysis and #evaluating, but it isn't and wasn't. Back to the imaginary two GMs in your head! Or one, whatever you're at now, nobody cares since they're just more things you imagined in desperation.

6 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Which...again....is based on anyone buying an empty comparison between a 30 year old RB with 2600+ carries under him to a 27 year old DE/DT. 

Again, I know you consider this in depth #analysis and #evaluating, but it isn't and wasn't. Back to the imaginary two GMs in your head!

Not an empty comparison at all.  You agree that Curtis was an over payment because of his age and mileage,  Good job there by the way.  You managed to figure that one out.  You do not think Mo is an over payment at any price apparently because your are a fan boy.  We get it.  I think Mo is a risk for over payment given our history as a franchise for doing exactly that.

Hence over payment equates to over payment.

Here's a clue.  You can overpay a 21 year old or a 41 year old for that matter.  The age of the player is relevant perhaps to where you place your valuation but it does not mean that young players cannot be overpaid.  How we arrive at a judgement on what is fair value is  why this thread is 22 pages long

Everything else is pure spinning on your part and a pretty consistent record of not being able to follow the bouncing ball.

4 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Not an empty comparison at all.  You agree that Curtis was an over payment because of his age and mileage,  Good job there by the way.  You managed to figure that one out.  You do not think Mo is an over payment at any price apparently because your are a fan boy.  We get it.  I think Mo is a risk for over payment given our history as a franchise for doing exactly that.

Hence over payment equates to over payment.

Here's a clue.  You can overpay a 21 year old or a 41 year old for that matter.  The age of the player is relevant perhaps to where you place your valuation but it does not mean that young players cannot be overpaid.  How we arrive at a judgement on what is fair value is  why this thread is 22 pages long

Everything else is pure spinning on your part and a pretty consistent record of not being able to follow the bouncing ball.

Gato does not believe there is a number that would be an over payment.

Just now, Joe Jets fan said:

Gato does not believe there is a number that would be an over payment.

Hence my ridiculous example of a GM who subtracts fifty-two veterans minimum salaries from the total team salary cap and then gives the rest to Mo.

I am guessing that introducing mathematical concepts like "subtract" was where I lost Gato.  Either that or he agrees with the approach.

A magic 8-ball is fun for a while until you realize there are only X amount of answers in there and that it gets repetitive pretty quickly.

"Swing and a miss... Swing and a miss" or some such

P.S.  I was actually fairly proud the the fact that I managed to mix in the idea that there is a potential for negative interest rates (true) in the next few years and that as such we might consider increasing the size of the signing bonus that we give to Mo because of this.  If I lost Gato at "subtract" I am pretty sure this was all Greek to him.

20 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Couldn't possibly be an emptier comparison. Considering you're the guy who blindly made the empty comparison, I have trouble taking your word/s for it that it's not. You mention a "history" of "our" franchise overpaying, but cite one example - the only example - when they paid a 30 year old heavily used RB for a second time, after having already bought his prime years at FA prices originally.

Here's a clue - stop making dumb comparisons between Wilkerson and RBs, it's dumber even than your previous #analysis and #evaluation that he shouldn't be paid because he isn't Reggie White.

8 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Hence my ridiculous example

Which, up there with arguing things not said or comparisons to 30 year old RBs getting their second FA extension from the Jets, is the best you've got. It's really weak stuff, insisting otherwise to your friends won't change it either. Great to finally get one post admitted to as ridiculous, now do all of them! There's till the Minds of Two GMs...the Reggie White comparison...the Martin comparison...that's just from the last couple days, so much more probably lost in the abyss!

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Couldn't possibly be an emptier comparison. Consider you're the guy who blindly made the empty comparison, I have trouble taking your word/s for it that it's not. You mention a "history" of "our" franchise overpaying, but cite one example - the only example - when they paid a 30 year old heavily used RB for a second time, after having already bought his prime years at FA prices originally.

Here's a clue - stop making dumb comparisons between Wilkerson and RBs, it's dumber even than your previous #analysis and #evaluation that he shouldn't be paid because he isn't Reggie White.

Which, up there with arguing things not said or comparisons to 30 year old RBs getting their second FA extension from the Jets, is the best you've got. It's really weak stuff, insisting otherwise to your friends won't change it either.

You have the IQ of a turnip.  I am done here.

Just now, EM31 said:

You have the IQ of a turnip.  I am done here.

You were done a long time ago, just came back for the drama of it all. Turnips don't have IQs, just like DT/DEs aren't RBs or DL HOF/extension standards aren't met by only Reggie White. Just another nonsensical comment out of your keyboard that has nothing to do with anything. My guess is you're not done and this is just more made up stuff, but fingers are crossed.

49 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

You were done a long time ago, just came back for the drama of it all. Turnips don't have IQs, just like DT/DEs aren't RBs or DL HOF/extension standards aren't met by only Reggie White. Just another nonsensical comment out of your keyboard that has nothing to do with anything. My guess is you're not done and this is just more made up stuff, but fingers are crossed.

That was his point..LOL

Just now, SenorGato said:

Op, ya got me. I was hoping one of you guys would explain it. At least you kept it short, Dcat wrote a memoir last time he explained a knee slapper.

I'm sorry.  I didn't know until now that you have a severe reading disability.  My apologies.  I'll try to remember that anything more than 3 or 4 sentences put together is too much for you to absorb at one time.  

<lengthy pause>..... so Senor can reboot his short term reading skills.

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'm sorry.  I didn't know until now that you have a severe reading disability.  My apologies.  I'll try to remember that anything more than 3 or 4 sentences put together is too much for you to absorb at one time.  

<lengthy pause>..... so Senor can reboot his short term reading skills.

041914_colon_swings_2_27g6inde.gif

Archived