Jump to content

Report: Raiders Interested in Wilkerson


Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Right here, and anyone knows Reggie Mckenize knows how much he values his draft picks. I call Bs, this story as the Raiders aren't trading for M Wilkerson, or any player who was hit with the franchise tag.      

The Jets might tag and trade M Wilkerson , but it won't be to the Raiders. Jmo If Raiders were looking for defense lineman they would just sign Malik Jackson - Delrio knows very well- where it won't cost anything but cash.

Right, because Malik Jackson and Mo Wilkerson are comparable players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At some point, Maccagnan is going to have to shoot his shot on a QB, because Fitz isn't going to be sustainable moving forward. If they decide they can work with Lynch or Wentz, and it costs th

Sweet, Mo is getting traded to the Raiders!!! Holy crap we're getting Von Miller too!

Straight up for Carr. Done.

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Larz said:

giving up a proven productive, reliable, durable, high character, 4- down, does it all guy for a crap shoot pick would be a huge mistake

you might get another mo, you might get gholston

You might get Mangold and still lose the trade. With players like this the only question is whether you can pay them. We couldn't pay Abraham or Revis because they couldn't possibly be trusted with **** you money. With Wilkerson the issue is probably more whether we can afford it. What we stand to get back doesn't factor all that much into the decision.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Larz said:

giving up a proven productive, reliable, durable, high character, 4- down, does it all guy for a crap shoot pick would be a huge mistake

you might get another mo, you might get gholston

just tag his ass already jets

 

 

lol no

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Would hate to lose him - but if there's any team that you want to be talking trade with the Raiders are definitely one of them.

Take everything from them Mac!

Hey, we gave them a 1st for Doug Jolly so we can get at least 2 first rounders  

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

get used to the idea, maybe 205 chance Mo is here next year

I'm not saying he will be here. I'm just saying I don't know if he will be a Raider. If Mac decides to dangle Mo as trade bait, they won't be the only team interested.  If I were Mac, and I wanted to trade up to draft a QB, I'd look into trading him in a package  to the Bears or Titans.  They both could use him and supposedly Tennessee has already stated to teams that they are listening to offers for their pick. It may ultimately be too costly, but it's a hell of a lot better than pulling a Bills/EJ Manuel and trading back into the first for an overrated QB prospect like Paxton Lynch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Losing is worth that risk though. Without a QB, the Jets will never be a good football team, no matter who is on the DLine. 

Not the only way to skin this cat, and probably an inefficient one in the grand scheme.

rillo, you're not into a two year starter from North Dakota State or Memphis? Jamon

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Right, because Malik Jackson and Mo Wilkerson are comparable players. 

Obviously you know very little about the Denver Bronco's.   They had 52 sacks by far the best in the NFL last year. Everyone of the Bronco's defense line can get to the Qb.  Von Miller and D Ware success are large part   due to Malik Jackson , A Williams and Derek Wolfe ( don't let the Qb step up in the Pocket).   Ask tom Brady if Malik Jackson is comparable to Muhammad Wilkerson- Malik Jackson hit Tom Brady so much  in Afc Championship game that I thought he was going to be charged with assault. 

Yes I would take Malik Jackson at fraction of Wilkerson cost every time , than overpaying for Muhammad Wilkerson garbage time sacks.

  • Thumb Down 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah guys - where would DeMarcus Ware and Von Miller be without Malik Jackson? Go ask Tom Brady, he will tell you! Get on it! Go on, git! Go ask Tom Brady. Bring your camera so you can film him piss his pants at the mere mention of the name. All you have to do is just ask Tom Brady. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Yeah guys - where would DeMarcus Ware and Von Miller be without Malik Jackson? Go ask Tom Brady, he will tell you! Get on it! Go on, git! Go ask Tom Brady. Bring your camera so you can film him piss his pants at the mere mention of the name. All you have to do is just ask Tom Brady. 

The team that eventually  gets Malik Jackson will do better than the team that gets Muhammad Wilkerson.    Muhammad Wilkerson is supposedly one of the Jets better players, and they don't seem to want him back- says what about the player.( think when K Mack a free agent Raiders are going to be looking to tag and trade.)

good luck trading Muhammad Wilkerson, but it won't be to  the Raiders . 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 If the Jets can manage to get a 1st and 2nd for him, I say trade him. Bottom line is he wants too much money and the Jets are not going to pay him what he wants. It's a great thing for the Jets to get something out of him rather than him eventually leaving anyway. I don't want him to leave, but what other reason can you see why the Jets haven't already locked him up long term?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

The team that eventually  gets Malik Jackson will do better than the team that gets Muhammad Wilkerson.    Muhammad Wilkerson is supposedly one of the Jets better players, and they don't seem to want him back- says what about the player.( think when K Mack a free agent Raiders are going to be looking to tag and trade.)

good luck trading Muhammad Wilkerson, but it won't be to  the Raiders . 

 

I need confirmation from Tom Brady first. Has ANYONE gotten a chance to ask Tom? Can he be located? Is he being hidden by witness protection until the assault trial?!? Could maybe Ja Rule be reached for comment?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This story does fit in with what I think the Jets plans are with Mo. If they wanted to keep him the deal would have been signed. Look at this way, Mo's replacement is on the team already (Williams). Mo had a career year. (12 Sacks). He's never sniffed that before and no guarantee he will again.

How would you feel if we resigned him to a huge deal, and he gets back to his usual 6-8 Sacks? 

Trading Mo for a first opens up everything, Trading up for a Q.B, hitting on D'Bricks replacement and still taking a Linebacker. Even trading down for more picks.

You don't jeopardise your team going forward with with hamstrung   Contracts, and you get young cheap talent for 4-5 years. 

I love Mo but he's on a stacked DLine, they trade him, get another pick, and allows them to resign Snacks. Addtion though subtraction.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

How would you feel if we resigned him to a huge deal, and he gets back to his usual 6-8 Sacks? 

Probably fine unless he suddenly stops doing the billion things he does very well on a the field every year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Would hate to lose him - but if there's any team that you want to be talking trade with the Raiders are definitely one of them.

Take everything from them Mac!

The players they get never seem to work out. So we wouldn't have to worry about regretting the trade I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Probably fine unless he suddenly stops doing the billion things he does very well on a the field every year.

He's a good player he's versatile but not a game changer. Von Miller took over the AFCCG, I like Mo, but he does not change games, he's Richard Seymour, Not Reggie White.

He probably wants in the 15 mill range. I say no, not when his replacement is already here. Pass I'll take another 1st, and get younger and cheaper.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

He's a good player he's versatile but not a game changer. Von Miller took over the AFCCG, I like Mo, but he does not change games, he's Richard Seymour, Not Reggie White.

He probably wants in the 15 mill range. I say no, not when his replacement is already here. Pass I'll take another 1st, and get younger and cheaper.

Your cliches do not faze me, sir! Richard Seymour is a fudging slam dunk HOF, how is that a knock? 

Younger and cheaper =/= better, and the goal is to be better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Your cliches do not faze me, sir! Richard Seymour is a fudging slam dunk HOF, how is that a knock? 

Younger and cheaper =/= better, and the goal is to be better.

I get it, Mo's a good player, but we can't keep them all. If his pick allows us to sign Bricks replacement, get a Franchise potential QB, or a LT and OLB. Sorry Mo's gone. Also has I've said, his replacement is already here.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I get it, Mo's a good player, but we can't keep them all. If his pick allows us to sign Bricks replacement, get a Franchise potential QB, or a LT and OLB. Sorry Mo's gone. Also has I've said, his replacement is already here.  

You keep the guy on the HOF track. A hypothetical single pick, not likely to be one that puts the Jets in a position to get a premium talent at any of those positions without a ton of luck, shouldn't be such a big factor in deciding whether he stays or goes. You hope that pick is a Wilkerson caliber player, and the odds are that it won't be.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

You keep the guy on the HOF track. A hypothetical single pick, not likely to be one that puts the Jets in a position to get a premium talent at any of those positions without a ton of luck, shouldn't be such a big factor in deciding whether he stays or goes. You hope that pick is a Wilkerson caliber player, and the odds are that it won't be.

Listen I get it, it's just we can't keep everyone, Williams was Drafted to replace Mo or Sheldon, it's looking like Mo. I liked the NFL before FA but it is what it is.

The NFL Draft is a crap shoot but another 1st rounder is another first rounder. 

You have your opinion, and I've got mine, we both have no control what goes on. but I like to see us get younger have more flexibility. Trading Mo gives the Jets that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilkerson is the leader of the front 4, but the Jets may have no choice but to tag and trade him. His replacement may not be as good (Williams/Sheldon), but Damon Harrison's replacement will be much harder to find and in my opinion, Damon Harrison must be re-signed - before Wilkerson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2016 at 7:57 PM, T0mShane said:

At some point, Maccagnan is going to have to shoot his shot on a QB, because Fitz isn't going to be sustainable moving forward. If they decide they can work with Lynch or Wentz, and it costs them Mo, there really is no decision to make. In three years when the Fitz/Petty/Drew Stanton-type cabal ends up costing Bowles his job, handing Mo $50 mil to get 10 sacks on a .500 team is going to look silly. 

interestingly enough the top 2 defenses in the NFL are playing in the super bowl tomorrow.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2016 at 0:17 AM, Raideraholic said:

The team that eventually  gets Malik Jackson will do better than the team that gets Muhammad Wilkerson.    Muhammad Wilkerson is supposedly one of the Jets better players, and they don't seem to want him back- says what about the player.( think when K Mack a free agent Raiders are going to be looking to tag and trade.)

good luck trading Muhammad Wilkerson, but it won't be to  the Raiders . 

 

Really, so if the Titans sign Malik Jackson and the Chiefs sign Wilkerson, the Titans are going to do better? Malik Jackson is now Reggie White?

 

The reason the Jets are even exploring the idea of trading Wilkerson is because we have Sheldon Richardson and Leonard Williams on the team. Both will still play on their rookie contracts for at least one more year. The Jets have 4 elite talents on defense (including Revis), it just so happens that 3 of them play the same position, thereby giving the team flexibility. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 5, 2016 at 2:38 AM, SenorGato said:

You keep the guy on the HOF track. A hypothetical single pick, not likely to be one that puts the Jets in a position to get a premium talent at any of those positions without a ton of luck, shouldn't be such a big factor in deciding whether he stays or goes. You hope that pick is a Wilkerson caliber player, and the odds are that it won't be.

You going to Canton to watch Mo, Trevor Pryce, and Jason Taylor get inducted or nah

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2016 at 2:38 AM, SenorGato said:

You keep the guy on the HOF track. A hypothetical single pick, not likely to be one that puts the Jets in a position to get a premium talent at any of those positions without a ton of luck, shouldn't be such a big factor in deciding whether he stays or goes. You hope that pick is a Wilkerson caliber player, and the odds are that it won't be.

I think we may have left planet Earth at some point here.  Mo is a good player but no way is he close to being on a HOF track.  That is absurd.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Really, so if the Titans sign Malik Jackson and the Chiefs sign Wilkerson, the Titans are going to do better? Malik Jackson is now Reggie White?

 

The reason the Jets are even exploring the idea of trading Wilkerson is because we have Sheldon Richardson and Leonard Williams on the team. Both will still play on their rookie contracts for at least one more year. The Jets have 4 elite talents on defense (including Revis), it just so happens that 3 of them play the same position, thereby giving the team flexibility. 

Take it back. Every Raider player is amazing and the product of genius management by Reggie McKenzie who has a plan. It's right in front of you. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Take it back. Every Raider player is amazing and the product of genius management by Reggie McKenzie who has a plan. It's right in front of you. 

LOL, remember when Tommy Kelly was the best DT in the league? Jesus, I thought we were a delusional fanbase. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...