Report: Raiders Interested in Wilkerson

JetNation

RJF and dbates were kind enough to point this out yesterday:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Harrison must have been a real monster to get to rest for 46.1% of the snaps. How did the Jets do without him? They were second in the league - to the Watt-led Texans - in opponent third down conversion rate. 

Facts schmacts THO, if your GUT and EYE say different then reality is just a low and easy hurdle to jump.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

RJF and dbates were kind enough to point this out yesterday:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Harrison must have been a real monster to get to rest for 46.1% of the snaps. How did the Jets do without him? They were second in the league - to the Watt-led Texans - in opponent third down conversion rate. 

Facts schmacts THO, if your GUT and EYE say different then reality is just a hurdle to jump.

the only scenario where the jets are better off without mo is in a direct trade for a franchise QB or all-pro pass rusher

that won't happen

any scenario that involves draft picks is stupid to me as you have no idea what any pick is going to turn out to be, and this years draft just seems very average

we just went through a  "value and cap room" GM and that was a horrible mess

keep your best players

simple

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

Apparently yourself and a handful of others are the only ones who know what's possible. Amazing how many nonsense conclusions are made based on imaginings....demands...signability....You sure know what's possible!

Please name two ways Harrison is better than Wilkerson. I'll wait. Funny how you had it down to the decimal on Williams, who can only occupy one end, and nothing but more opinion on Harrison. 

If they wanted him signed he would be signed. You have your opinion. It's okay. We'll see how it plays out but the way things have progressed, or lack there of, is an indicator of things to come. I'm sorry you'll have to retire your Wilkerson jersey.  

21 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If they wanted him signed he would be signed. You have your opinion. It's okay. We'll see how it plays out but the way things have progressed, or lack there of, is an indicator of things to come. I'm sorry you'll have to retire your Wilkerson jersey.  

Totally definitely Guy Who Was Just Pondering Who Could Know What's Possible, you're hitting me hard with too many facts here. 

So two things Harrison does better isn't going to happen, is it? Thats such a shock! You're so full of answers and truth and honesty, this should be an easy one! It's not even close, remember??!? This doesn't even require your eyes' and gut's powers, just posting or linking what you found.

5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Totally definitely Guy Who Was Just Pondering Who Could Know What's Possible, you're hitting me hard with too many facts here. 

So two things Harrison does better isn't going to happen, is it? Thats such a shock! You're so full of answers and truth and honesty, this should be an easy one! It's not even close, remember??!? This doesn't even require your eyes' and gut's powers, just posting or linking what you found.

I'm not wasting my time. You quoted PFF, you deal with their numbers. We get your point, it's a valid one. It's not up to you. So, wait and see.  

16 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'm not wasting my time. You quoted PFF, you deal with their numbers. We get your point, it's a valid one. It's not up to you. So, wait and see.  

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Who knows what's possible? I imagine MM does much better than either of us. If Wilk was going to be agreeable to a managable deal, he'd have one. He wants his money and he wants it now.

Wilkerson was rated .4 better than Williams on PFF and not nearly as close to being as good as Harrison. Nice try though. 

1 - This is why I don't take any of the arguments seriously. It's been just bunch of making sh*t up and hoping not to get caught. Now that you're caught red handed, suddenly the tone comes down.

2 - PFF is one of a few sources I've quoted during this whole thing - to none the other way.

9 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

1 - This is why I don't take any of the arguments being made even kinda seriously. Just a bunch of making sh*t up and hoping not to get caught. Now that you're caught red handed, suddenly the tone comes down.

2 - PFF is one of a few sources I've quoted during this whole thing - to none the other way.

I didn't make anything up. I was talking about Harrison. Do try to keep up with your own arguments please. Harrison was rated higher than Wilk. So. Yeah. Continue on arguing against yourself.  

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I didn't make anything up. I was talking about Harrison. Do try to keep up with your own arguments please. Harrison was rated higher than Wilk. So. Yeah. Continue on arguing against yourself.  

Rotfl, just stop already. It's embarrassing. There's no reason to be this way.

5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Rotfl, just stop already. It's embarrassing. There's no reason to be this way.

Are you actually rolling on the floor laughing? Because then you might want to ease up on the embarrassing talk. You asked about Harrison and what two things he did better. Plenty according to PFF. I'm moving on from this because neither one of us is going to budge on the position and its up to MM and TB.  

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Are you actually rolling on the floor laughing? Because then you might want to ease up on the embarrassing talk. You asked about Harrison and what two things he did better. Plenty according to PFF. I'm moving on from this because neither one of us is going to budge on the position and its up to MM and TB.  

I hope you are done, because holy crap was that just a pathetic string of posts. The lies, the mood swings....OTOH, this is fun watching you embarrass yourself like this and part of me would really like you continue.

2 hours ago, maury77 said:
I used the Chiefs as an example to show how incorrect your earlier statement was, but now that you mention it, the Chiefs have 33 million going into next offseason and have a need at DE. 

Couple of points.    Do you know the freeagents the Chiefs have. http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/KC( In Red).  All that money you think they  have, will be going to signing their own guys ( Eric Berry , Derrick Johnson- even at his age one best top cover lbs , Sean Harris ( expensive to retain as he one of top cb's on the market) - they might let him go , and draft picks etc, and they don't have enough to sign Wilkerson.    They might be looking for Olb to replace Tamba Hali- Fa . ( have Dee Ford but might like him more as just situational pass rusher. 

All those guys in red if they aren't brought back, replacements have to be brought in.   Unless they plan to go the Jets route -  try to sign a ton of street Fa, and try to hit gold.( can't afford to be players in Fa).

The Chiefs will find normal two Gap Dt's to be ends in their 3-4 defense.( only jets want to have superstar defense ends in 3-4)  Those De do the dirty work( occupy blockers) , so their outside lb's can shine.

With teams having so much cap space it's going to be very expensive to sign the top freeagents.   ( that 33 million isn't that impressive or going to last as long as you think.

The Chiefs aren't trading for Muhammad Wilkerson, as they can't afford him.( fact )

26 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I hope you are done, because holy crap was that just a pathetic string of posts. The lies, the mood swings....OTOH, this is fun watching you embarrass yourself like this and part of me would really like you continue.

You're a very strange person. I'm not sure what I lied about or why you're so personally offended about differing opinions, but maybe relax. It's okay to disagree. That's what this forum is for. It'll be okay. I promise. 

22 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You're a very strange person. I'm not sure what I lied about or why you're so personally offended about differing opinions, but maybe relax. It's okay to disagree. That's what this forum is for. It'll be okay. I promise. 

This brave face is adorable and proud, I like how you blend your tones here too, but it's still reeeeeeaaaaalllly pathetic.

Just now, SenorGato said:

It's alright buddy, I understand you're hurt. You lick your wounds tonight and maybe come back less full of sh*t some other time.

Personal attacks get you nowhere sir. Find the block button and use it. 

I mean @Maxman had to reboot the entire board to get rid of your it Brick and Mangold thread and how terrible that was going for you. 

4 hours ago, SR24 said:

Trade Mo for the Raiders 1st leave the draft with Wentz and Jaylon Smith

Just because a reporter speculates he thinks the Raiders might be interested in Muhammad Wilkerson( looking at their cap space)  , and be willing to trade- means it's true.

The Raiders have more pressing needs than Pass rushing De. 1. Have to get left tackle settled longtime( protect Carr- will look to get it solved in Fa before thinking eof bringing still effective Donald Penn back.( K Osemele- might be target, Cory Glenn probably franchised.)2.  Have to get at minimum a starting CB in Fa.( they need try to sign best one they can get- like Lt this is day one in Fa. 2. they need to sign a starting Safety in Fa.( a lot of quality safeties on market that can wait a little bit there.

Those three areas are high priority targets,  than acquiring Wilkerson. 

16 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Personal attacks get you nowhere sir. Find the block button and use it. 

I mean @Maxman had to reboot the entire board to get rid of your it Brick and Mangold thread and how terrible that was going for you. 

Awww, I can't get over how proud you are...Humiliation sucks, but you just said it would be OK. Lick your wounds and just try to be less full of sh*t in the future is all.

Just to be clear, that thread was going fine for me. That said - see the above and understand that I understand you're a little butthurt right now and are just lashing out. I'm sure you're sorry you got caught but more lies aren't going to fix that, big guy.

8 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Awww, I can't get over how proud you are...Humiliation sucks, but you just said it would be OK. Lick your wounds and just try to be less full of sh*t in the future is all.

Just to be clear, that thread was going fine for me. That said - see the above and understand that I understand you're a little butthurt right now and are just lashing out. I'm sure you're sorry you got caught but more lies aren't going to fix that, big guy.

The fact that you'd think I'd be humiliated on an Internet message board is pretty laughable. You thinking you exposed some big flaw in my opinion doesn't really impact me at all. I have my opinion. You have yours. Time will tell. Until then, you aren't changing my mind on what's best for the Jets and I won't change your mind. Let's just agree to disagree and move on. 

11 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The fact that you'd think I'd be humiliated on an Internet message board is pretty laughable. You thinking you exposed some big flaw in my opinion doesn't really impact me at all. I have my opinion. You have yours. Time will tell. Until then, you aren't changing my mind on what's best for the Jets and I won't change your mind. Let's just agree to disagree and move on. 

Not really, you felt the need to make stuff up on an internet message board in the name of winning an argument. You're still trying to put up a fight. It's pretty much a given that you're butthurt dude, and - like you said - it's going to be OK. I didn't expose a big flaw in your opinion - you were caught lying. There's a massive difference, a distinction you wouldn't like to exist but does. An honest opinion based on something real? Sure, go ahead and feel good about yourself. Lying to win an internet message board debate? Pa-the-tic

As I've been suggesting - take some time to nurse your bruised ego/wounds and come back less full of sh*t on the next one. No need to be so butthurt about it if it's just an internet message board, big guy!

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Not really, you felt the need to make stuff up on an internet message board in the name of winning an argument. You're still trying to put up a fight. It's pretty much a given that you're butthurt dude, and - like you said - it's going to be OK. I didn't expose a big flaw in your opinion - you were caught lying. There's a massive difference, a distinction you wouldn't like to exist but does. An honest opinion based on something real? Sure, go ahead and feel good about yourself. Lying to win an internet message board debate? Pa-the-tic

As I've been suggesting - take some time to lick your bruised ego/wounds and come back less full of sh*t on the next one. No need to be so butthurt about it if it's just an internet message board, big guy!

I didn't make anything up and I didn't lie. You haven't even proved that assertion. You just misconstrued my words. I'm sorry you couldn't follow civilized discourse and have to resort to calling me pathetic and butt hurt because you can't have a decent conversation. You just have to twist and contort things so you can be right. Guess what? An opinion can't be right or wrong. That's what makes it an opinion. So no matter how much you think your chest and try to insult me, I'm not going to lower myself to your condescension. If you want to go back to talking about football, I'm happy to. If you want to continue your path down insults and immaturity, I'll politely decline. Take some time yourself and figure out if you're able to have a civilized discussion.  

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

I didn't make anything up and I didn't lie. 

Again, more lies aren't going to cover up one lie. Just take the time to nurse your bruised ego and come back less full of sh*t. It's going to be OK, you said it yourself. I'm sure you're sorry you got caught and I'm sorry you had to resort to lying to try and "win" an Internet message board fight. 

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Again, more lies aren't going to cover up one lie. Just take the time to nurse your bruised ego and come back less full of sh*t. It's going to be OK, you said it yourself. I'm sure you're sorry you got caught and I'm sorry you had to resort to lying to try and "win" an Internet message board fight. 

You're something else. You can't even show what lie you're making up that I did. I'm moving on. I suggest you do the same. 

10 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You're something else. You can't even show what lie you're making up that I did. I'm moving on. I suggest you do the same. 

That already happened Carl. What can happen is perhaps you deliver two of the many things Harrison does better, as you claim are on PFF or wherever, and I'll be able to believe you aren't lying. OTOH, it is probably best just give your ego the chance to heal that it needs and actually move on rather than just suggesting it over and over. Come back fit as a fiddle and less full of sh*t. I'm sure you're sorry you got caught and I'm sorry you had to resort to lies to try and "win" an Internet message board argument. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/08/pro-top-10-defensive-lines-of-2015/

If this list considered of only defensive lineman, the Jets would run away with the top spot. Harrison, Wilkerson, and Williams are sixth, 11th, and 12th amongst DIs. Harrison’s run defense grade is second only to Donald, and he’s taken significantly fewer snaps. Wilkerson (89.2), meanwhile, has 80 combined pressures. Finally, Leonard Williams (88.8) has adapted quickly to the NFL. His 90.4 run defense grade is eighth amongst DIs.

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/08/pro-top-10-defensive-lines-of-2015/

If this list considered of only defensive lineman, the Jets would run away with the top spot. Harrison, Wilkerson, and Williams are sixth, 11th, and 12th amongst DIs. Harrison’s run defense grade is second only to Donald, and he’s taken significantly fewer snaps. Wilkerson (89.2), meanwhile, has 80 combined pressures. Finally, Leonard Williams (88.8) has adapted quickly to the NFL. His 90.4 run defense grade is eighth amongst DIs.

So Harrison defends the run better, the one thing nobody has denied him the entire time. Halfway there and it only took a dozen posts! OK, hit me with #2 of the many.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/13/pro-pff-awards-2015-ted-washington-award/

It’s fitting that an award named after Ted Washington is won in it’s inaugural year by one of the heaviest players in the league. Damon “Big Snacks” Harrison is a 350-pound nose tackle with the kind of run-stuffing prowess Washington would be proud of. He had the highest PFF grade against the run among all interior defenders, with a 97.3 mark, and almost matched Aaron Donald’s raw grade, despite playing significantly less, even against the run. Harrison made a defensive stop on 18.1 percent of all running plays he was on the field for, which is the best rate PFF has ever seen among defensive tackles, and over 150 percent of the best mark we had seen heading into this season. He made 54 tackles; 49 of them were defensive stops in the run game, a mark that led all DTs this season. He missed just two tackles all year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/07/muhammad-wilkerson-benched-for-being-late-to-meeting/

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/13/pro-pff-awards-2015-ted-washington-award/

It’s fitting that an award named after Ted Washington is won in it’s inaugural year by one of the heaviest players in the league. Damon “Big Snacks” Harrison is a 350-pound nose tackle with the kind of run-stuffing prowess Washington would be proud of. He had the highest PFF grade against the run among all interior defenders, with a 97.3 mark, and almost matched Aaron Donald’s raw grade, despite playing significantly less, even against the run. Harrison made a defensive stop on 18.1 percent of all running plays he was on the field for, which is the best rate PFF has ever seen among defensive tackles, and over 150 percent of the best mark we had seen heading into this season. He made 54 tackles; 49 of them were defensive stops in the run game, a mark that led all DTs this season. He missed just two tackles all year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/07/muhammad-wilkerson-benched-for-being-late-to-meeting/

Yeah, it's established he's better against the run. So the other, of the many mind you, is that he's better at being on time for meetings?

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Also has two fully formed nonbroken legs. And only missed two tackles all season. See you skipped that part. 

Is only missing two tackles a thing? That's a repeatable skill? I guess when you're playing only half the snaps...So yeah, not skipped, just as dumb as the meetings thing. So the other thing - after the failed meetings dart throw - is that he doesn't have a broken leg during the offseason? I can see why it took so long to try to get anything out of you.

Archived