Report: Raiders Interested in Wilkerson

JetNation

9 hours ago, SenorGato said:

It isn't, unfortunately, and you were. For instance, his absence does indeed hamper the team signifcantly and more than you like to imagine - that's been born out by the defense's plummet in 2014, the only season he missed any significant time. While you value the trade and the cap space, you have no idea what to do with it and the odds are that you're neither getting as much as you might imagine nor are you getting a player equal to Wilkerson. While you think mentioning the GM's name means he agrees with you because somehow you speak for him, that is yet another opinion of yours that isn't based in reality and is probably wrong (though you did well to cover yourself and say 3 DEs at the end, nice semantics dance).

You mean, it wasn't because of Antonio Allen playing CB and having Darrin Walls start opposite him? It wasn't because we had Geno Smith playing qb, and it sure as hell wasn't because Quinton Coples was our starting OLB...It was because Wilkerson missed 3 games we went 4-12. Gotcha. I'm glad I have you to show me the light, SenorGato. I'm forever grateful.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

]You mean, it wasn't because of Antonio Allen playing CB and having Darrin Walls start opposite him?[It wasn't because we had Geno Smith playing qb, and it sure as hell wasn't because Quinton Coples was our starting OLB...It was because Wilkerson missed 3 games we went 4-12. Gotcha. I'm glad I have you to show me the light, SenorGato. I'm forever grateful.

Why would that throw off their D down to bottom half of the league considering history's greatest NT and Richardson was still here and getting more snaps? How come the D was dramatically all around better in 2013 with pretty much the same personnel plus one Cromartie? 

Just now, SenorGato said:

Why would that throw off their D down to bottom half of the league considering history's greatest NT and Richardson was still here and getting more snaps? How come the D was dramatically all around better in 2013 with pretty much the same personnel plus one Cromartie?

Don't come against me like I'm not in favor of letting Dame hit FA. Sheldon had 8 sacks - his sophomore year. Also don't put words in my mouth, I never once said Sheldon was better than Mo. 

Clearly it was Austin Howard's absence that derailed Rex's season.

3 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Don't come against me like I'm not in favor of letting Dame hit FA. Sheldon had 8 sacks - his sophomore year.Also don't put words in my mouth, I never once said Sheldon was better than Mo. 

Clearly it was Austin Howard's absence that derailed Rex's season.

- Lot of good that did, it's like there's more to it or something.

- His sophomore season was the same age as Wilkerson's 4th season.  

5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

- Lot of good that did, it's like there's more to it or something.

- His sophomore season was the same age as Wilkerson's 4th season.  

-Then don't blame the 2014 season on the 3 games Mo missed

-It's experience, not age, that factors in when you're still new to the league. Going forward, is when age matters. 

11 hours ago, BroadwayJets said:

Well, when I notice Mo has disappeared from a game, I don't exactly have an article to post. The real problem is that you'll look at the season in review from an espn.com stat page and see he had 12 sacks, and think WOW. Reality is he's not irreplaceable on this team and he is only elite at run stopping, something this team will have no problem with when he's gone. The one wildcard is Sheldon's behavior. 

Gato wants facts.  Facts that show Mo disappears for long streaks in most games would be time consuming to extract.  You'd have to look at each drive individually and account for Mo's activity or lack thereof.  Look, I'd love for Mo to remain a Jet.  I've bought very few jerseys thru the years, but Mo is one of them.  I am a Mo supporter.  But the reality is he's not elite and I doubt he ever will be.  He's not even within sniffing distance of Canton, contrary to what the Senor says.  Still, a rock solid player.  Based on the current roster and tremendous needs at LB, OL, QB, Mac will probably leverage Mo to fill some of those huge holes. 

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Gato wants facts.  Facts that show Mo disappears for long streaks in most games would be time consuming to extract.  You'd have to look at each drive individually and account for Mo's activity or lack thereof.  Look, I'd love for Mo to remain a Jet.  I've bought very few jerseys thru the years, but Mo is one of them.  I am a Mo supporter.  But the reality is he's not elite and I doubt he ever will be.  He's not even within sniffing distance of Canton, contrary to what the Senor says.  Still, a rock solid player.  Based on the current roster and tremendous needs at LB, OL, QB, Mac will probably leverage Mo to fill some of those huge holes. 

Spot on. 

PS -  Jersey situation applies to me as well. Before Wilk the last one I bought was Coles.

19 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

-Then don't blame the 2014 season on the 3 games Mo missed

-It's experience, not age, that factors in when you're still new to the league. Going forward, is when age matters. 

- Because Richardson had 8 sacks? Makes about as much sense as anything else you've said, I guess. 

- Yeah no, there's no magic arbitrary start point for when age matters. It either does or it doesn't, and of course the answer would be that it does. Like in every sport and I assume all other industries, the great ones tend to arrive and perform early.

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I don't think you know what facts are. Literally there isn't a fact in this post - except the jersey thing that nobody cares about. Reading on, I don't think you know what a track is either. If you're getting compared to Richard Seymour at 22 and have generally stayed the same or gotten better since, yeah you're on a HOF track.

Mac will keep Wilkerson because, despite your opinion, giving him up doesn't land you three different starters - including a pass rusher, a franchise QB, and an OL to build around.

- Because Richardson had 8 sacks? Makes about as much sense as anything else you've said, I guess. 

- Yeah no, there's no magic arbitrary start point for when age matters. It either does or it doesn't, and of course the answer would be that it does. Like in every sport and I assume most other industries, the great ones tend to arrive and perform young. 

You brought up the 2014 season and blamed its perils on Mo missing three games, while bashing Shel because he had more sacks than him. I combated that with facts about why the defense sucked and you bring up age. They're both young, just as you are thick. This is as far as I'll go. 

7 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

You brought up the 2014 season and blamed its perils on Mo missing three games, while bashing Shel because he had more sacks than him. I combated that with facts about why the defense sucked and you bring up age. They're both young, just as you are thick. This is as far as I'll go. 

So your whole thing is 2014 is fine because "Shel" had 8 sacks. You combatted that with your opinion of why the defense sucked. When pointed out that the defense was much better in 2013 with the same personnel, you brought Shel's 2014 sack total as proof of....something...something big, I bet. I can only be so lucky that you're done, in my eyes you've been done for days and this is just for shiggles. My guess is that with a support squad up you'll stick around a little longer, but fingers are crossed.

7 minutes ago, EM31 said:

This thread is badly in need of an intervention.  Somebody close to SenorGato needs to pull him aside and tell him that he is beginning to sound seriously creepy on this topic. 

There are posters who would like to lose Mo, at this point, to win an Internet message board argument and because they think that, somehow, this will land a pass rusher, QB, AND starting OL. Some guy made up a whole thing about Harrison last night in the name of winning the Internet. Soooooo yeah, I think I'm still lagging behind on the creep/crazy curve (at least on this one). That said, I understand this is pretty much the only angle left.

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I don't think you know what facts are. Literally there isn't a fact in this post - except the jersey thing that nobody cares about. Reading on, I don't think you know what a track is either. If you're getting compared to Richard Seymour at 22 and have generally stayed the same or gotten better since, yeah you're on a HOF track.

You make no sense. (again)  Sorry, but few, if any, regard Mo as either on a HOF track or an elite player.    I'm sure that everyone here understands your extreme position.  But every response you give to anyone who doesn't agree just states that we all are full of opinions and that only you have presented facts along with whatever the personal insult of the moment happens to be in your brain.  I beg to differ.  Having gone through the thread, you offer ZERO facts.  Just your own opinion, just like everone else.  Yet yoou claim you've posted facts all over.  Where?  Cut and paste them here please.  Facts.  Stats.  Not observations like the rest of us are providing. 

Also, you completely ignore that you are the one making the positive assertion.  Generally, a person who does so bears the burden of proof.  Not those who chalenge the bold assertion.  Yet you keep trying to turn it around on everyone else. The only reason I can think of is that since you offer no concrete support for your HOF-track claim or that you are just being a PIA and defensive because its fun for you.  I have no idea.  Whatever it is, you keep doing the same thing over and over and this is now pointless.  

1 hour ago, BroadwayJets said:

You mean, it wasn't because of Antonio Allen playing CB and having Darrin Walls start opposite him? It wasn't because we had Geno Smith playing qb, and it sure as hell wasn't because Quinton Coples was our starting OLB...It was because Wilkerson missed 3 games we went 4-12. Gotcha. I'm glad I have you to show me the light, SenorGato. I'm forever grateful.

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

So your whole thing is 2014 is fine because "Shel" had 8 sacks. You combatted that with your opinion of why the defense sucked. When pointed out that the defense was much better in 2013 with the same personnel, you brought Shel's 2014 sack total as proof of....something...something big, I bet. I can only be so lucky that you're done, in my eyes you've been done for days and this is just for shiggles. My guess is that with a support squad up you'll stick around a little longer, but fingers are crossed.

4 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Sorry, you're not only still in but you'd like to rewind the conversation? Don't any of you stick to what you say? 

55 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Since it seems you forgot in the span of a few posts.

Sorry, you're not only not some but you'd like to rewind the conversation? Don't any of you stick to what you say? 

Since it seems you forgot in the span of a few posts.

You forgot my facetious comment about AUstin Howard leaving. Never said 2014 was fine. I've stuck to the same argument this entire time, don't bring 2014 up as a rock in your argument about how bad a season it was because Mo missed three games. The defense sucked the whole year, and you brought up Sheldon as some sort of an indictment that a second year guy was supposed to hold the team together and make the playoffs. Reality is, Sheldon had a great year, maybe even better than Mo. Neither here or there. Neither of them are game changing DEs - or JJ Watt - and neither should be paid as such, especially Mo since he's a FA and we have two backups. 

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Can you guys maybe have a Super Bowl truce? This is getting crazier by the post. Please?

"Sorry that's an opinion, not fact.  You don't know what a fact is!  I am the only one who produced facts here...  (even though they were opinions, just like everyone elses)"

LOL.  My Gato impersonation for the day.

1 minute ago, BroadwayJets said:

You forgot my facetious comment about AUstin Howard leaving. Never said 2014 was fine. I've stuck to the same argument this entire time, don't bring 2014 up as a rock in your argument about how bad a season it was because Mo missed three games. The defense sucked the whole year, and you brought up Sheldon as some sort of an indictment that a second year guy was supposed to hold the team together and make the playoffs. Reality is, Sheldon had a great year, maybe even better than Mo. Neither here or there. Neither of them are game changing DEs - or JJ Watt - and neither should be paid as such, especially Mo since he's a FA and we have two backups. 

True, the defense falls off a cliff in the only season they lose Wilkerson for any significant amount of time, but that's totally like not a thing because opinions and stuff and like I believe and Richardson had 8 sacks so how bad could it be? Also, did I say it wasn't bad? Do you think I've covered enough angles here? Reality is, Wilkerson's the best player on the team by a good amount right now, has been since 2012, overall for the decade is second only to Watt at his position, and they'll be keeping him because of that.

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

"Sorry that's an opinion, not fact.  You don't know what a fact is!  I am the only one who produced facts here...  (even though they were opinions, just like everyone elses)"

LOL.  My Gato impersonation for the day.

I think you should explain your jokes more. Science says that people laugh more when you explain the joke. How else would they get it? LOLZderr (See, this is sarcasm for the folks playing along at home, you actually SHOULDN'T have to explain a good job LOLZderr)

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

True, the defense falls off a cliff in the only season they lose Wilkerson for any significant amount of time, but that's totally like not a thing because opinions and stuff and like I believe and Richardson had 8 sacks so how bad could it be? Also, did I say it wasn't bad? Do you think I've covered enough angles here? Reality is, Wilkerson's the best player on the team by a good amount right now, has been since 2012, overall for the decade is second only to Watt at his position, and they'll be keeping him because of that.

You believing the defense fell off a cliff, as if they weren't at the bottom of the trench from the get-go, when Mo went down in 2014 is f****** insanity. 

10 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

The 1 pro bowl wonder is the best player on the team?? The Jets had winning teams in 09-10 and a better D then the Jets have now who gave up 5 points a game less then this years D.. The stars of this years 10-6 record was the offense with the addition of Fitz and more importantly Brandon Marshall that set Jet offense records.. 12 sacks isn't even close to a Jet record..

Just now, BroadwayJets said:

You believing the defense fell off a cliff, as if they weren't at the bottom of the trench from the get-go, when Mo went down in 2014 is f****** insanity. 

Oh, OK. I mean if you say so and all. It's pure coincidence that Wilkerson missing almost 20% of the season and the D had its worst season in forever with basically the same personnel from the year before. That's the only explanation cause Richardson had 8 sacks so it's not like they skipped a beat here, but also they did skip a beat, Richardson both isn't and is better, and stuff. Am I covered enough? 

9 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I think you should explain your jokes more. Science says that people laugh more when you explain the joke. How else would they get it? LOLZderr (See, this is sarcasm for the folks playing along at home, you actually SHOULDN'T have to explain a good job LOLZderr)

Anyone reading this thread is well aware of exactly whose posts herein are the "jokes"..  

3 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

The 1 pro bowl wonder is the best player on the team?? The Jets had winning teams in 09-10 and a better D then the Jets have now who gave up 5 points a game less then this years D.. The stars of this years 10-6 record was the offense with the addition of Fitz and more importantly Brandon Marshall that set Jet offense records.. 12 sacks isn't even close to a Jet record..

how dare you challenge Senor's "facts"?  What would be called opinion for anyone else, must be construed as a "fact" for Gato!  You need to get familiar with the "Gato rules of debate".  If you claim something ----> opinion.  If Gato claims something -----> fact.  Got it?

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

Pro Bowls, eh? Couldn't possibly argue that. The only way to be the best player on the team is to set a sack record, eh? That's impossible to argue. '09-'10 teams, eh? Those seem relevant for some reason. Alright, these are pretty infallible arguments. To seal the deal you should make some comment about how I'm clearly in love with Wilkerson. That'd pretty much drop the hammer.

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

how dare you challenge Senor's "facts"?  What would be called opinion for anyone else, must be construed as a "fact" for Gato!  You need to get familiar with the "Gato rules of debate".  If you claim something ----> opinion.  If Gato claims something -----> fact.  Got it?

Awww, I think it's cute you found a friend to depend on to point out minor tidbits for you. So there's what....two facts - he's made a single Pro Bowl and didn't set a Jets sack record (three if you count that you bought that jersey) - between the half dozen of you or so over the course of a week? Gaining! That's pretty yuge!

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Pro Bowls, eh? Couldn't possibly argue that. The only way to be the best player on the team is to set a sack record, eh? That's impossible to argue. '09-'10 teams, eh? Those seem relevant for some reason. Alright, these are pretty infallible arguments. To seal the deal you should make some comment about how I'm clearly in love with Wilkerson. That'd pretty much drop the hammer.

If your not in love with Mo then love doesn't exist..LOL You think when a team has Momentum it means Mo is on that team..

17 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

I'm petty, delusional, and butt hurt at the same time. Please have mercy!

It's alright big guy! You'll be OK, no one's trying to hurt you. I promise to stop being a meany poo bear when you do what you said you'd do a half dozen+ posts ago. 

5 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

If your not in love with Mo then love doesn't exist..LOL You think when a team has Momentum it means Mo is on that team..

LOLZ that's some good stuff - Mo....Mo-mentum...Between this, DCat's A material before, and what you guys find to be relevant information, standards, and a good argument there's a comedy troupe dying to launched.

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

It's alright big guy! You'll be OK, no one's trying to hurt you. I promise to stop being a meany poo bear when you do what you said you'd do a half dozen+ posts ago. 

LOLZ that's some good stuff - Mo....Mo-mentum...Between this, DCat's A material before, and what you guys find to be relevant information and standards there's a comedy troupe dying to launched.

I watched the NFL award show last night and besides Watt picking up his 3rd DPOTY award the only Jet mentioned was Leonard Williams as a D rookie candidate.. I was waiting for the fast track to the HOF award and was disappointed that award doesn't exist.. No Mo bad show..B)

Archived