Dak Prescott

SenorGato

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

Prescott is NFL average height, maybe a smidge shorter. Both Brees and Wilson are significantly shorter. 

Not sure lack of height is the end of the world for these guys.  Brees is a superstar.  Wilson is close.  Doug Flutie did very well.  Even Manziel showed flashes.  Hands might be more of an issue.  I think Mariota's fumbling problems are going to plague him throughout his career.  That's a big negative.  Very glad we didn't trade up for/draft him.

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not sure lack of height is the end of the world for these guys.  Brees is a superstar.  Wilson is close.  Doug Flutie did very well.  Even Manziel showed flashes.  Hands might be more of an issue.  I think Mariota's fumbling problems are going to plague him throughout his career.  That's a big negative.  Very glad we didn't trade up for/draft him.

Agreed on hand size - both Brees and Wilson have hands much bigger than league average.

On February 7, 2016 at 0:10 PM, SenorGato said:

Prescott is NFL average height, maybe a smidge shorter. Both Brees and Wilson are significantly shorter. 

I know Bree's and Wilson are smaller. I just like a QB that is at least 6' 3". I was talking about hand size if Wilson and Bree's. I am not saying he can't be successful, it's just a preference. Look at Geno and Sanchez both 6' 2"

Dak's senior bowl week did a lot for public perception. I've been a reasonably big supporter of what he did 2015 and think there's light and the end of tunnel for a team that wants to take a crack at developing him... when i said that in december, vastly different reaction to post-senior bowl. 

He's definitely at the head of that mid-round tier with Allen and Jones -- even if he just has Seneca Wallace kind of career. 

21 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Look at Geno and Sanchez both 6' 2"

So was:

Joe Montana

Brett Favre

Steve Young

Donovan McNabb

Seems pretty arbitrary to to quibble over an inch in height knowing that maturity, not height, were the downfall of the two guys you mention.

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

Dak's senior bowl week did a lot for public perception. I've been a reasonably big supporter of what he did 2015 and think there's light and the end of tunnel for a team that wants to take a crack at developing him... when i said that in december, vastly different reaction to post-senior bowl. 

He's definitely at the head of that mid-round tier with Allen and Jones -- even if he just has Seneca Wallace kind of career. 

I assumed he was one of those 6' 210 option-y QBs so common in college ball. Way off on the perception, measuring in at 6'2" 226 with hands pushing 10" was big for him, he easily could have been done on Day 1 of that week if he came in with lesser size.

Really find it interesting that he's a blend of most experienced starter, overall 60+% completion percentage, 3 bowl wins, and second highest regular season career win total among the relevant QB prospects (Cook, Hackenberg, Lynch, Goff, Wentz, and Iforget).

On February 9, 2016 at 3:52 PM, SenorGato said:

So was:

Joe Montana

Brett Favre

Steve Young

Donovan McNabb

Seems pretty arbitrary to to quibble over an inch in height knowing that maturity, not height, were the downfall of the two guys you mention.

I am not arguing with you. Its just my personal preference, as I stated it does not mean they can't succeed. There are so many other factors other than height that play into the success of a QB. Especially maturity and the ability to be a leader without wanting  to please everyone like Sanchez.

On 2/9/2016 at 1:52 PM, SenorGato said:

So was:

Joe Montana

Brett Favre

Steve Young

Donovan McNabb

Under 10" trex hands, take him off the board.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived