Super Bowl 50: Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Denver defense was the most dominant I have seen in a Super Bowl since the 85 Bears...both had seven sacks I believe in their respective games and both held their opponents to just 10 points. You have to think that almost anyone they lined up behind center would likely have won, but I will admit that Peyton has been one of the greatest quarterbacks in history and there is some poetic justice to seeing him go out with a ring. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

Peyton does not have a winning record in the playoffs, nor the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, indygirl4jets said:

Get over yourself. The Colts beat the patriots,, the broncos beat them too. Bye bye, dont cry

And as an aside ... so did the Jets ... and the smelly fish

3 minutes ago, The Troll said:

I'm happy that Peyton gets to ride off into the sunset, but I've had more fun watching blowouts. That was maybe the worst Super Bowl out of the 25 I have watched. Non-competitive, non-blowout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Non-competitive on offense both defense played well just Denver got more takeaways and points off them

11 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Pick a reason to hate Cam and stick with it, guys. 

I don't hate him ...  but not jumping on his strip and walking out of the presser with a mope puss on for it's entirety show me he's more of a punk type than a leader type.

He be Dabbin' and smiling all the time when he's winning.

Character is better judged in a loss - and he put on a show for that too - just not a favorable one.     

5 minutes ago, NJ said:

I don't hate him ...  but not jumping on his strip and walking out of the presser with a mope puss on for it's entirety show me he's more of a punk type than a leader type.

He be Dabbin' and smiling all the time when he's winning.

Character is better judged in a loss - and he put on a show for that too - just not a favorable one.     

He still has a lot of growing up to do, no argument there. I really think he brain farted on the fumble. The guy has come to play his whole career though. I think some are looking for more reasons to not like the guy.

1 minute ago, Jet9 said:

He still has a lot of growing up to do, no argument there. I really think he brain farted on the fumble. The guy has come to play his whole career though. I think some are looking for more reasons to not like the guy.

I don't know dude .. I think he vagina'd on the fumble -  but would love to see him grow up - this game needs good QB's that are leaders in the worst way. 

10 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Understood.

Representing the NFL and the Panthers in a sportman-like fashion is.

Sure, if he didn't have to he probably wouldn't have talked to the press at all. This whole mentality and notion that athletes have to explain and walk through and face a proverbial music in the name of being an ideal role model is a new one that is maybe headed out the door as quickly as it came. He had a bad game and it happened to be the championship one, there's only so ,cut that needs to be said to the press about it five minutes after the fact.

12 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Sure, if he didn't have to he probably wouldn't have talked to the press at all. This whole mentality and notion that athletes have to explain and walk through and face a proverbial music in the name of being an ideal role model is a new one that is maybe headed out the door as quickly as it came. He had a bad game and it happened to be the championship one, there's only so ,cut that needs to be said to the press about it five minutes after the fact.

I understand everything you are saying.

When every NFL player signs the contract, they know they have to speak to the press after games.  It is a requirement of the league.

The guy needed to man-up and he didn't.  I was unsure of his character after his post play antics on the field.

This confirms he's immature and needs to grow up.

If he won the game he'd be up there laughing and scratching.

It works both ways.  He needs to even out his temperament and realize a lot of people are watching.

That tape is forever and will haunt him for a long time.

Just now, SenorGato said:

Yes, in a single game any number of things might happen. Not coincidentally, these were the top two pass defenses.

Good QB's will win you a lot of games because there are not many top tier defenses to deal with in the regular season. However, once you hit the playoffs that all changes you are usually facing a team with a good to great defense and it makes it very hard on the QB.

Teams built to win Regular season games like the Colts for so many years, just can hack it come playoff time.

Showing up with a ball control offense and a great defense will more often than not win you a SB if one of the prolific offenses with a mediocre defense happens to be your opponent. This league gets too caught up in the QB position. Probably too many owners getting involved when they don't really understand the game as a whole. They want the big time QB as the face of the franchise but you just cant put that much pressure on a QB and expect them to just win every game for you . There is no doubt they are VERY important but they are not everything like some would suggest. Most any QB in the league could have won that game with Denver yesterday since Mannings 141 yard 1 int game didn't really contribute much to the outcome other than not making mistakes.

5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

So you're judging his reaction - and he did go out to meet the press - on how role model-y it was and now what would have happened if something else happened? Nope, pass

He did go out and meet the press.  Then he took his marbles and went home.

Last time I checked, he's 26 years old.

Watch the spinmeisters today.

Even one of his own shills, Stephen A. Smith thought he should have "manned-up".

14 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

So you're judging his reaction - and he did go out to meet the press - on how role model-y it was and now what would have happened if something else happened? Nope, pass

Gato its not so much about a role model thing.... that type of behavior has an effect on how people perceive him to be and when he loses he acts like a child. Of course after a loss your not supposed to be happy, everyone knows that, but act like a gentleman and you will gain more respect in the given situation than pouting and acting like a child. Cam Newton is an amazing talent but he's a child and he needs to grow up.

I say its not the role model thing because Cam is not a bad guy and he does the right thing by the kids and the fans. He's not a thug so in that respect he does fine as a role model.

Archived