Super Bowl 50: Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No bands play them at halftime and none would. Coldplay plays instruments at a regular concert and well. This is an extraordinary circumstance. Again, what's your point?

That you are incorrect about them playing their instruments.

And off the top of my head, I know for a fact Prince played live.

Just now, Jet9 said:

That you are incorrect about them playing their instruments.

And off the top of my head, I know for a fact Prince played live.

I never said they were playing their instruments tonight. I was saying that as opposed to Bruno Mars or Beyoncé, they actually play instruments.

The greatest star spangled banner ever 25 years ago was canned. 95% of those kinds of performances are recorded. And if Prince is going to do the halftime show, you let him do whatever he wants because he's the exception to almost every rule.  

Coldplay plays their instruments. Not sure this is the argument you want to make here. Also, the Dead aren't relevant anymore to people who spend money on music now. 

Hahaha!!! Not one person on that stage was playing their instrument. Not one. The Dead are a legendary band still selling out stadiums today. Coldplay will be a mere pimple on the ass of today's music when all is said and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I never said they were playing their instruments tonight. I was saying that as opposed to Bruno Mars or Beyoncé, they actually play instruments.

The greatest star spangled banner ever 25 years ago was canned. 95% of those kinds of performances are recorded. And if Prince is going to do the halftime show, you let him do whatever he wants because he's the exception to almost every rule.  

Canned vocals is the same as stealing.

Just another reason to not like the innovators of narcolepsy.

3 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Hahaha!!! Not one person on that stage was playing their instrument. Not one. The Dead are a legendary band still selling out stadiums today. Coldplay will be a mere pimple on the ass of today's music when all is said and done.

Coldplay sells out stadiums as well. The Grateful Dead were solid and influential, but no one wants them as the halftime show. They wouldn't generate money or interest. 

5 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Too bad we could not go back in time and have the Ramones play the half time show.  They could have done 20 songs in 10 minutes.

Archived