Tony Dungy - Hall of Famer - Yeah or Neigh

no psls

On 2/7/2016 at 3:47 PM, chirorob said:

NO.

When you are the coach of an uber talented team, and someone else has to get them over the hump to win a SB, you are not a HOF coach.

He won a SB with Peyton.  He was brought in to improve the D, which he never really did.   I think he is really over rated.

I agree. He didn't win in Tampa Bay with a great defense and Jon Gruden did. Yeah, he won with Manning, against an overmatched Bears team. Nah.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, nyjunc said:

you are the one who brought up the players telling me half the roster was different.  I simply countered w/ a fact that every started on D played under Dungy.

what a great situation in Tampa w/ the worst organization in sports.  how lucky! this man made a title game w/ Shaun King as his QB but he sucks.

And we made a title game with Mark Sanchez. Twice in a row. Yet I don't sense a future bust in Canton for Rex.

Also you are an even worse last word freak than Mrs. Sperm. :) 

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

And we made a title game with Mark Sanchez. Twice in a row. Yet I don't sense a future bust in Canton for Rex.

Also you are an even worse last word freak than Mrs. Sperm. :) 

this is a discussion board, I like to discuss.

If Rex kept winning, kept getting to the playoffs then he'd be talked about as a great coach.  after year 2 it stopped unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

this is a discussion board, I like to discuss.

If Rex kept winning, kept getting to the playoffs then he'd be talked about as a great coach.  after year 2 it stopped unfortunately.

If Ryan went from the Jets to the Colts, with a 100% healthy Luck every year, winning 11 games per season still doesn't make him a HOF coach. Good at some things? Yes. All time great? No.

Lordy, Caldwell averaged 12 wins and went to the Super Bowl in 1 of 2 seasons with that team, and didn't collapse until Peyton was gone. Is he a better coach than Dungy?

You see the difference a Peyton Manning gives him? The team was largely the same one that averaged 12 wins the prior 2 seasons, and they dropped to 2 wins. So you cannot eliminate Manning from the equation as though he was some albatross around Dungy's neck. Literally no one with any credibility thinks this.

30 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If Ryan went from the Jets to the Colts, with a 100% healthy Luck every year, winning 11 games per season still doesn't make him a HOF coach. Good at some things? Yes. All time great? No.

Lordy, Caldwell averaged 12 wins and went to the Super Bowl in 1 of 2 seasons with that team, and didn't collapse until Peyton was gone. Is he a better coach than Dungy?

You see the difference a Peyton Manning gives him? The team was largely the same one that averaged 12 wins the prior 2 seasons, and they dropped to 2 wins. So you cannot eliminate Manning from the equation as though he was some albatross around Dungy's neck. Literally no one with any credibility thinks this.

If Ryan went to Indy in 2011 and was winning 11-12 games a year then yeah he'd be on a HOF track.  

unfortunately the hall is not just for all time greats, they allow too many undeserving players/coaches in.  He's not up there w/ Lombradi, Brown, Walsh, etc... but he's a worhty HOFer.

didn't Caldwell make the playoffs w/ the Lions?

Peyton is a great reg season QB and will have any team in contention but he coached Peyton 7 of his 13 seasons, it's not like BB who has ONLY had success w/ Brady.

Manning was an albatross in postseason. in the reg season he's one of the best ever.

Archived