Manning's family celebrates win NOT Eli

joewilly12

17 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Watch Archie too. He doesn't let loose for a while after everyone else. You know why? Because both guys are QBs and are playing the game in their heads out there.

Watching Archie, which I didn't notice until you requested we do so, what I see is him look to his left to see Eli's reaction.

Peyton won 2 SBs and didn't play especially well in his "good superbowl".  Eli carried the Giants to 2 SBs.  I think Eli is the man and Peyton is somewhat overhyped. When the games get bigger Peyton tends to shrink.  It's almost not even fair to consider yesterday's game as part of Peyton's career because he's really a shell of his former self at this point.  

As for Eli not cheering, it's probably that he's a QB and is trained to maintain composure.  Plus I'm guessing he feels that cheering is for fans, not current players.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Peyton won 2 SBs and didn't play especially well in his "good superbowl".  Eli carried the Giants to 2 SBs.  I think Eli is the man and Peyton is somewhat overhyped. When the games get bigger Peyton tends to shrink.  It's almost not even fair to consider yesterday's game as part of Peyton's career because he's really a shell of his former self at this point.  

As for Eli not cheering, it's probably that he's a QB and is trained to maintain composure.  Plus I'm guessing he feels that cheering is for fans, not currently players.

wait you did see Eli throwing up those prayers right ? What carried those Giant teams when they got hot late in the year was the defense that was putting insane pressure on every QB they played.

How Eli did not cheer for his brother was disgraceful.

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

wait you did see Eli throwing up those prayers right ? What carried those Giant teams when they got hot late in the year was the defense that was putting insane pressure on every QB they played.

How Eli did not cheer for his brother was disgraceful.

What about the playoff wins the Giants had?  Eli was the main cog in that engine IMO.

As for not cheering, I don't think we should judge his reaction. We don't really know what he was thinking.  I gave a plausible scenario for why he didn't cheer.  Doesn't mean it's correct but just saying it's silly for us to judge.

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What about the playoff wins the Giants had?  Eli was the main cog in that engine IMO.

As for not cheering, I don't think we should judge his reaction. We don't really know what he was thinking.  I gave a plausible scenario for why he didn't cheer.  Doesn't mean it's correct but just saying it's silly for us to judge.

well everyone in the room was jumping and cheering Eli looked totally miserable. Maybe ELI was always second fiddle in that family and his 2 SB's to Peytons one was the only thing he could grasp onto. Looked like a miserable kid that just got his candy taken away. Not judging just observing because to me it looked pretty obvious unless of course he sh*t his pants because that's the only other thing that would bring on that look

28 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

well everyone in the room was jumping and cheering Eli looked totally miserable. Maybe ELI was always second fiddle in that family and his 2 SB's to Peytons one was the only thing he could grasp onto. Looked like a miserable kid that just got his candy taken away. Not judging just observing because to me it looked pretty obvious unless of course he sh*t his pants because that's the only other thing that would bring on that look

Possibly but somehow I highly doubt it.  I'm sure Eli is happy for Peyton.

Oh man more Eli chatter. Eli is a two time champ and MVP. Not the greatest QB you will ever see but he is etched in SB history like it or not. Don't care but good for him.

I can't imagine Eli is upset or even emotionless for a moment like that but the video shows that. Maybe Eli was looking ahead, the time, scores needed etc but in a moment like that surrounded by family members a little smile or a high five would have been nice to see.

I saw the moment in real time and thought "what a douche, be happy for your brother". Remember, this is the kid who acted like a spoiled whining brat when he was drafted #1 overall by the Chargers. As others have mentioned maybe he was just playing the game in his head and was stuck in a deeper more focused moment. My guess is he saw his only "I'm better than you moment" melt away.

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I saw the moment in real time and thought "what a douche, be happy for your brother". Remember, this is the kid who acted like a spoiled whining brat when he was drafted #1 overall by the Chargers. As others have mentioned maybe he was just playing the game in his head and was stuck in a deeper more focused moment. My guess is he saw his only "I'm better than you moment" melt away.

I just don't buy this at all.  You're inferring an awful lot IMO.  I think giving him the benefit of the doubt is absolutely the way to go. 

7 hours ago, JetPotato said:

At the dinner table, when comparing their careers, Eli always had the 2 Super Bowls to 1. Peyton now has him on literally everything.

Boo Hoo.

I only have 2 SB rings, 100 million in the bank, and oh yeah, I'm not going to be a walking cripple in 3 years like my brother.

I don't care what he's thinking, it's a funny pic, and he looks hung over from the pre game.

Archived