This year proved you can win w/ a subpar QB

TuscanyTile2

1 minute ago, Rexorcism said:

Stop it, all QB's r gonna get hit, Even Tom Brady got beat the hell up this year, A QB has to be able to get up and keep going

Have  you ever taken those kind of hits?  Chad had some really bad luck, but put Adrian Clarke in front of Big Ben/Cam Newton and they'd be killed too.  I'm sick of all this egg/noodle arm crap.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

Stop it, the guy was injury prone, end of story...

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I just spit out my coffee. HOF players arent injured 50 percent of their career.

Chad swindled the NFL better than anybody ... that's his only qualifier. 

Have  you ever taken those kind of hits?  Chad had some really bad luck, but put Adrian Clarke in front of Big Ben/Cam Newton and they'd be killed too.  I'm sick of all this egg/noodle arm crap.

I dont ever put down Chad or his arm, I loved him as a QB, Im just saying his body was not built to last in the NFL

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Jets were too. That's why they got rid of him.

17 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Clarke another winner from Tanny Boy!!!

Just now, gEYno said:

Thanks to SOJ.  Just like we put Mark Sanchez in in the preseason game to get hurt.  Thanks Rex/Idzik.

Go take a look on youtube at Chad's last shoulder separation vs Titans and ask yourself if he belonged on a field playing football.

33 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Those are two very different cases. Peyton was impaired, Chad was rarely in one piece.

31 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Thanks to SOJ.  Just like we put Mark Sanchez in in the preseason game to get hurt.  Thanks Rex/Idzik.

27 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Go take a look on youtube at Chad's last shoulder separation vs Titans and ask yourself if he belonged on a field playing football.

26 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Are you a Doctor?

20 minutes ago, jetrider said:

That's the point, it doesn't take an MD/PhD to recognize the obvious.

Oh my god this exchange. This is A++ level work.

48 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Chad....doing what he did best.

2006-02-14-pennington.jpg

Exactly.  Chad being a warrior and a good teammate after the team let him down repeatedly by not providing him with any protection.  If anyone on our current team had half Chad's heart and a quarter his smarts, we sure as hell wouldn't have lost to Buffalo, I'll tell you that much.

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Outstanding. He won the big rig and the love of his son and the grudging respect of Robert Loggia. 

All told, about even with being a two time CBPOY Award Winner.  Which, Chad was.  Sanchez will eventually win that award too.

First of all, as bad as Peyton's numbers are, he still has his brain and while he can't make the big plays he used to make when he was in his prime, he can avoid a lot of the tupid mistake an otherwise avg QB will make at times.  I can pretty much asure you Brock would have likely made a handful of young QB mistakes that would have either cost them a spot in the SB or the SB itself.  History generally proves that.  As far as your thread title, you're a little off the mark.  You can win the SB, or any one canned game, with mediocre QB play.  What you can't do is secure home field throughout the playoffs and consistently win enough games throughout the season to prop yourself in position to be in a SB on a consistent basis without a top tier QB.  History has proven that time and time again.  A random team with an avg QB may win a SB once in a while and then disappear back into obscurity.  A real contender year in and year out has a top tier QB.  Period.  We need to find that guy.  We can't sit on our laurels that Bryce Petty may be our future.  If we have an opportunity to draft a top level prospect in this or any draft, we need to do so until we find our guy.  You can't hold top tier D's together long.  DEN has a lot of decisions to make on defense this year, they're not going to be able to keep everyone. 

and without reading 6 pages I ask the question; What's "subpar" with these numbers?

No.   Age Pos G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD
14 Ryan Fitzpatrick 33 QB 16 16 10-6-0 335 562 59.6 3905 31 5.5 15 2.7 69 6.9 6.9 11.7 244.1 88.0 63.63 19 94 6.56 6.46 3.3 2 3

Not to mention this; ......................60 Att..270 Yrd..4.5  Avg  2 TD

21 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

First of all, as bad as Peyton's numbers are, he still has his brain and while he can't make the big plays he used to make when he was in his prime, he can avoid a lot of the tupid mistake an otherwise avg QB will make at times.  I can pretty much asure you Brock would have likely made a handful of young QB mistakes that would have either cost them a spot in the SB or the SB itself.  History generally proves that.  As far as your thread title, you're a little off the mark.  You can win the SB, or any one canned game, with mediocre QB play.  What you can't do is secure home field throughout the playoffs and consistently win enough games throughout the season to prop yourself in position to be in a SB on a consistent basis without a top tier QB.  History has proven that time and time again.  A random team with an avg QB may win a SB once in a while and then disappear back into obscurity.  A real contender year in and year out has a top tier QB.  Period.  We need to find that guy.  We can't sit on our laurels that Bryce Petty may be our future.  If we have an opportunity to draft a top level prospect in this or any draft, we need to do so until we find our guy.  You can't hold top tier D's together long.  DEN has a lot of decisions to make on defense this year, they're not going to be able to keep everyone. 

except for the fact that he made a ton of dumb mistakes Sunday that kept Carolina in a game they should have been blown out in and he did the same vs. NE.  Yes Peyton is smart, we know that but he was spectacularly awful in the SB and Brock osweiler was better than Peyton this year.  doesn't mean Brock was good but he was better individually and the O was run more efficient. 

Archived