This year proved you can win w/ a subpar QB

TuscanyTile2

2 hours ago, jetrider said:

That's just it; everyone was high on Chad after '02 and high on Sanchez after '09 -'10.

Now everyone's high on Fitz but the diff is Chad and Mark were just beginning, Fitz was dumped by five teams and just recently broke .500 for the first time as a starter.

There's zero correlation between Pennington'02/Sanchez'09-'10 and Fitzpatrick '16 imo. It'd be a completely baseless conversion that would lead to nowhere. jbh. 

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are very few Qbs in the NFL who are consistently great. And even those guys have their bad games, etc. Fitz wasn't mediocre in 2015 he was pretty good. I'd take him back and pay market. Which might mean around 20 for 2. He fits in with the team and coaching staff. It'll be a mistake if the Jets let him go. And next season he knows the players and offense even better and you'd think could have better year (after a good year). For those cry babies who say he choked in the final game and that he sucks you are unrealistic. Winning the SB is a crap shoot. Often a long shot wins it that no one expected to win it. Who thought after last season that Carolina would be in the Super Bowl. I think we have with Fitz a real good shot at competing. And possible ten games will get you to the playoffs in '17. I was in Vegas last week and the odds for the 2017 SB were already posted and you can bet on it. At the Wynn the Jets were 35-1 (at another place I went to only 25-1). So I bet on us! Can you imagine the price on SB tickets if we ever made it. 

Archived