The Joe Namath Cool Guy Picture Thread

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, roscoeword said:

that's Ben Davidson knocking his block off

Good to see you around Roscoeword.

Always like to see some of the guys from the old nj.com jets message board board still alive and kicking.

Oakland D was fierce back in the day. They played dirty too(gauging eyes, twisting legs etc)

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Good to see you around Roscoeword.

Always like to see some of the guys from the old nj.com jets message board board still alive and kicking.

Oakland D was fierce back in the day. They played dirty too(gauging eyes, twisting legs etc)

I got tingles seeing the picture of Emerson Boozer sitting next to Namath - 32 was one of my favorite Jets ever, and when he and Riggins were together for a short while in the backfield, that was good times...

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

it's cool, cause it shows how tough he was. Cool and tough.

Stop it.  He looks like he's being hit into next week.  I'm from the era when the Raiders were more hated than the Pats ever could be.  I don't want any of those scumbags glorified, especially at the expense of Namath.

On 12.2.2016 at 4:14 PM, munchmemory said:

Stop it.  He looks like he's being hit into next week.  I'm from the era when the Raiders were more hated than the Pats ever could be.  I don't want any of those scumbags glorified, especially at the expense of Namath.

No question - the Raiders were the villians. It was like WWF in those days. I started to love the KC Chiefs in those days, because they were like the good guys against the bad guys in that rivalry. I remember Davidson swandiving into Otis Taylor's stomach starting a major brawl... those were the days.

• Upvote 1

Just now, roscoeword said:

No question - the Raiders were the villians. It was like WWF in those days. I started to love the KC Chiefs in those days, because they were like the good guys against the bad guys in that rivalry. I remember Davidson swandiving into Otis Taylor's stomach starting a major brawl... those were the days.

No doubt those games were brutal.  So many cheap shots.  Guys today have almost no idea how much we hated the Raiders.  It seemed like we were always playing them in a key spot.

• Upvote 1