6. Verbal

7. CTM

8. Spoot

9. crush

10. jet engine 1

11. Pac

12. AVM

Rules

1) Do not post/quote or otherwise communicate your role PM.

2) You may claim your role and your character.

3) Do not talk about this game outside the game thread unless instructed to do so.

4) Self voting and editing is allowed. No lynch is also allowed.

5) This is a Hammer game, majority rules, deadlines will be enforced. If you forget to submit a night action you lose it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Pac said:

Great opening scene.  A lot to mull over here before voting.

I took it as "under da sea" means that the scum team is birds, which means they have a post restriction of only "fly by" posting, which means we should lynch the low count posters like I said to last game.

still haven't figured out what the 2nd "under da sea" means though

Ok.. so we're going to get started quickly here. I just got a role I've never had before and I'm not exactly sure how to play this.  

I am a paranoid gun owner. Meaning, anyone that targets me at night dies. ANYONE. The fish i am is a puffer fish (which fits perfectly)

I can however be lynched safely.

I am claiming because I do not want a cop to target me, he will die. I had originally thought i should claim Miller to prevent the cop target and hopefully encourage a scum target, but I asked the mod  and wouldn't give me a safe fish to claim as a miller (what if i picked one someone else had?) and the puffer fish just didn't make sense like it did with my actual role.

So there it is, the role is incredible powerful at end game, but you'll have to trust me to get there. I suggest you judge my play on the merit of my play alone.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Paranoid_Gun_Owner

Paranoid Gun Owner

Paranoid Gun Owner
T-paranoidgunowner.png
Aliases:
  • Army Veteran
  • Granny
Alignment:
Role type:
  • Killing
Choice: none

The Paranoid Gun Owner passively (and involuntarily) kills anyone who targets it during the Night.

Paranoid Gun Owner is very commonly abbreviated as PGO. Controversially, it has also been called Army Veteran.

Paranoid Gun Owners are more often Town than scum.

Variation

The Paranoid Gun Owner shares some similarities with a Bomb.

Uncommonly, a Paranoid Gun Owner is also Bulletproof (they shoot first before they're shot).

Use and Power

The Paranoid Gun Owner is a very swingy role, as in addition to killing the Mafia if they target him, it will indiscriminately kill Cops, Doctors, etc. As a general rule, PGO is an anti-Town role because it is more likely to kill Town power roles than scum in all cases except when there are no other Town power roles (in which case it is functionally a Bomb). When town, it can be considered a Negative Utility

Since the PGO is not informed of who they have killed, this can also obscure how many actual killing roles are present in the game.

Note that whatever powers were used on the PGO still take effect -- thus, if the Mafia choose to kill the PGO, the PGO will still die along with the Mafia performing the kill.

Mafia-aligned PGOs are not common because they can potentially gambit to draw in Town power roles (i.e. claim Cop to draw in Doctors and Trackers), thus greatly increasing the Mafia's death output.

PGO is generally only used as a somewhat bastard role in Role Madness games (where in the worst case they can kill many players at once), or in games where they fit flavor.

Play Advice

The ideal play for a PGO is to get targeted by the Mafia, while not being targeted by any Town power roles. However, safer play is to claim directly -- this keeps other Town power roles safe, but also ensures the Mafia will not target you. Note that by claiming, you are opening yourself up to potentially being policy lynched at some point during the game.

A very risky strategy is to hint at a power role, causing the scum totarget you, and, as a 1 for 1 trade with scum is in the town's favor, you will have helped the town..

59 minutes ago, CTM said:

Ok.. so we're going to get started quickly here. I just got a role I've never had before and I'm not exactly sure how to play this.  

I am a paranoid gun owner. Meaning, anyone that targets me at night dies. ANYONE. The fish i am is a puffer fish (which fits perfectly)

I am claiming because I do not want a cop to target me, he will die. I had originally thought i should claim Miller to prevent the cop target and hopefully encourage a scum target, but I asked the mod  and wouldn't give me a safe fish to claim as a miller (what if i picked one someone else had?) and the puffer fish just didn't make sense like it did with my actual role.

So there it is, the role is incredible powerful at end game, but you'll have to trust me to get there. I suggest you judge my play on the merit of my play alone.

I wish Smash was playing to call bullshit on this. 

1 hour ago, CTM said:

^^ what an ass hole

13 minutes ago, Pac said:

there were 50 ways you could have played if true.  You chose the lamest.  Congrats.

seriously name some.. My primary concern was avoiding killing the cop, wasn't sure of a good way to do that besides miller..

I do admit however to always wanting to role reveal at the start of a game :)

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

seriously name some.. My primary concern was avoiding killing the cop, wasn't sure of a good way to do that besides miller..

no guarantee there is a cop...  In that scenario I would have much rather taken my chances a getting shot by scum. 

you've basically given convenient excuses for why no one should target you at night while giving you a 1 way ticket to end game - complete with a "trust me" thrown in for good measure.

it's so disgusting I can't stand it.

8 minutes ago, Pac said:

no guarantee there is a cop...  In that scenario I would have much rather taken my chances a getting shot by scum. 

you've basically given convenient excuses for why no one should target you at night while giving you a 1 way ticket to end game - complete with a "trust me" thrown in for good measure.

it's so disgusting I can't stand it.

well that's why i wanted to claim miller

and yeah, nobody shoudl target me, if my play earns a lynch, then lynch me. It's no different then last game when we lost our only investigative role on N1

22 minutes ago, CTM said:

eh, your ego drove you to assume you're a big enough threat that a cop would waste a viewing on you... what a putz

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

well that's why i wanted to claim miller

and yeah, nobody shoudl target me, if my play earns a lynch, then lynch me. It's no different then last game when we lost our only investigative role on N1

nobody target me = look how townie i am = express ticket to end game

thanks for slamming us in the face with a wifom in the first 2 pages... you should have hinted cop or some sh*t, or used your power role meta, and tried to draw a scum NK

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

eh, your ego drove you to assume you're a big enough threat that a cop would waste a viewing on you... what a putz

Nonsense, if I'm a threat or not a threat the odds of cop or scum targeting me is the same.

To me killing the cop (i don't die) is more costly than taking out 1 scum (i die too)

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

nobody target me = look how townie i am = express ticket to end game

thanks for slamming us in the face with a wifom in the first 2 pages... you should have hinted cop or some sh*t, or used your power role meta, and tried to draw a scum NK

if i hint cop i could draw the actual cop to look at me. I considered that.

Power role meta is easily and often confused with Scum meta..

but as I've told you i don't believe I have meta as I try and mix up play regardless of alignment.

unvote vote CTM

not totally sure how to play this, but I think this is the best bet. If he stays alive it's an express ticket to end game which is a great gambit, and it'll just be the focal point of every day which detracts from finding other scum.

I also don't know why he would go on the Mafia wiki to read/copy paste his role if Nolderp already gave it to him. It's more likely that he was browsing through different roles, found one he thought could work, and is going for it. 

Just now, CTM said:

Nonsense, if I'm a threat or not a threat the odds of cop or scum targeting me is the same.

To me killing the cop is more costly than taking out 1 scum (while i die too)

That's not true, let's assume you are town.

The odds of cop targeting you are 1 in 11, assuming the cop wouldn't target himself.

The odds of scum targeting you are 1 in probably 9, assuming there are 3 scum that won't target themselves.

Lets also imagine a scenario where JIF, 80, Spoot, Jet Engine are all townies with you. They are not getting NK'ed before you. That puts you at 1 in about 5.

You should have tried to draw the NK.

Now you're useless, and you should die for the flawed logic and butt breath.

Vote CTM

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

if i hint cop i could draw the actual cop to look at me. I considered that.

Power role meta is easily and often confused with Scum meta..

but as I've told you i don't believe I have meta as I try and mix up play regardless of alignment.

You usually crater on me when you have a town power role, to avoid NK. Same basic concept as what Smash claimed he was doing last game with you.

Anyway, you said anyone that targets you dies, but let's say they shoot you... do you die too? 

Edit: never mind, just saw that you answered this.

Archived