Ocean Mafia

Nolder

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

That's not true, let's assume you are town.

The odds of cop targeting you are 1 in 11, assuming the cop wouldn't target himself.

The odds of scum targeting you are 1 in probably 9, assuming there are 3 scum that won't target themselves.

Lets also imagine a scenario where JIF, 80, Spoot, Jet Engine are all townies with you. They are not getting NK'ed before you. That puts you at 1 in about 5.

You should have tried to draw the NK.

Now you're useless, and you should die for the flawed logic and butt breath.

Vote CTM

there is possibly multiple town power roles, so it might be 2-3 different shots at a town role targetting me

also the bold is nonsense

32 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

unvote vote CTM

not totally sure how to play this, but I think this is the best bet. If he stays alive it's an express ticket to end game which is a great gambit, and it'll just be the focal point of every day which detracts from finding other scum.

I also don't know why he would go on the Mafia wiki to read/copy paste his role if Nolderp already gave it to him. It's more likely that he was browsing through different roles, found one he thought could work, and is going for it. 

wow

Why can't i get lynched if my play warrants it? Why do i have to be the focal point of anything. weak reasoning

As to why i pasted the role, that is obvious.. nobody here would know what a paranoid gun owner is, so I paste is for them to read.

from the wiki, recommended strategy is to claim..

Play Advice

The ideal play for a PGO is to get targeted by the Mafia, while not being targeted by any Town power roles. However, safer play is to claim directly -- this keeps other Town power roles safe, but also ensures the Mafia will not target you. Note that by claiming, you are opening yourself up to potentially being policy lynched at some point during the game.

A very risky strategy is to hint at a power role, causing the scum totarget you, and, as a 1 for 1 trade with scum is in the town's favor, you will have helped the town..

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Reminds me of last game too. You are using "Lizard Logic."

how so?

I made the recommended move from the wiki

I've protected town power roles

And I'm saying ya'll can easily lynch me if my play warrants it, ya know, like we do every god damn game around here?

Why did we lynch 80 and Pac? play warranted it

you guy act like i asked for this stupid role

4 hours ago, AVM said:

Leaning town on Ape, JiF, Verb

Dont feel great about Smash, but I think he's just being Smash.

CTM seems scummy so far, tbh.

You're so scummy. :P 

3 hours ago, CTM said:

Ok.. so we're going to get started quickly here. I just got a role I've never had before and I'm not exactly sure how to play this.  

I am a paranoid gun owner. Meaning, anyone that targets me at night dies. ANYONE. The fish i am is a puffer fish (which fits perfectly)

I can however be lynched safely.

I am claiming because I do not want a cop to target me, he will die. I had originally thought i should claim Miller to prevent the cop target and hopefully encourage a scum target, but I asked the mod  and wouldn't give me a safe fish to claim as a miller (what if i picked one someone else had?) and the puffer fish just didn't make sense like it did with my actual role.

So there it is, the role is incredible powerful at end game, but you'll have to trust me to get there. I suggest you judge my play on the merit of my play alone.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Paranoid_Gun_Owner

Meh, I really hate it when games get serious so quickly. If true, I could see why you are claiming early, but I do think you could have tried to draw a nk or held off a little bit for day to get going before revealing though. 

7 hours ago, Leelou said:

You're so scummy. :P 

Meh, I really hate it when games get serious so quickly. If true, I could see why you are claiming early, but I do think you could have tried to draw a nk or held off a little bit for day to get going before revealing though. 

not sure what else to do, i wait too long and some idiot like ape emerges from under his rock with one of his inane theories like "the only reason he didn't do it right away was he busy figuring out his claim, conferring with scummates"

this way is cleaner

I'm not sure how this should matter to anyone but people with night actions. If i play scummy lynch me, if I play townie, keep me alive. Simple

8 hours ago, CTM said:

how so?

I made the recommended move from the wiki

I've protected town power roles

And I'm saying ya'll can easily lynch me if my play warrants it, ya know, like we do every god damn game around here?

Why did we lynch 80 and Pac? play warranted it

you guy act like i asked for this stupid role

Oh you consulted the wiki?  Oh my bad.  LOL

52 minutes ago, CTM said:

not sure what else to do, i wait too long and some idiot like ape emerges from under his rock with one of his inane theories like "the only reason he didn't do it right away was he busy figuring out his claim, conferring with scummates"

this way is cleaner

I'm not sure how this should matter to anyone but people with night actions. If i play scummy lynch me, if I play townie, keep me alive. Simple

I must confer with the wiki first.

Interesting start.  I don't agree with those wanting to lynch CTM at this time.  Yes, if his claim is true, he now becomes essentially a vanilla townie.  That doesn't make him easily expendable, as he's a good player for town to have if he's town.  Meanwhile, the chances aren't great that he's lying in my mind.  That would be a bold play on Page 1 of the game thread.  Not saying he won't ever be someone we become willing to lynch, but I don't think now is the time to rush to do so.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Interesting start.  I don't agree with those wanting to lynch CTM at this time.  Yes, if his claim is true, he now becomes essentially a vanilla townie.  That doesn't make him easily expendable, as he's a good player for town to have if he's town.  Meanwhile, the chances aren't great that he's lying in my mind.  That would be a bold play on Page 1 of the game thread.  Not saying he won't ever be someone we become willing to lynch, but I don't think now is the time to rush to do so.

Way to handle CTM is to make fun of him now and eventually vote him if his play warrants it. 

10 hours ago, CTM said:

seriously name some.. My primary concern was avoiding killing the cop, wasn't sure of a good way to do that besides miller..

I do admit however to always wanting to role reveal at the start of a game :)

Interesting...I've seen you talk about doing this before but never actually do it.

Like Pac said, this is the most convenient first day reveal ever. I think we should put it to the test, if we can.  It's too easy for you from here, which could clearly benefit the town if you're telling the truth.  If you're not, it's an amazing cover...but I dont think you had this fake reveal gambit play in your back pocket.  So I'm inclined to believe for you now.

That said, if someone targeted you but was protected, would that person still die?  Meaning, you're role would shoot through a vest or a doc protection? 

10 hours ago, StraightCash said:

unvote vote CTM

not totally sure how to play this, but I think this is the best bet. If he stays alive it's an express ticket to end game which is a great gambit, and it'll just be the focal point of every day which detracts from finding other scum.

I also don't know why he would go on the Mafia wiki to read/copy paste his role if Nolderp already gave it to him. It's more likely that he was browsing through different roles, found one he thought could work, and is going for it. 

I think you're giving him way too much credit.  

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

That's not true, let's assume you are town.

The odds of cop targeting you are 1 in 11, assuming the cop wouldn't target himself.

The odds of scum targeting you are 1 in probably 9, assuming there are 3 scum that won't target themselves.

Lets also imagine a scenario where JIF, 80, Spoot, Jet Engine are all townies with you. They are not getting NK'ed before you. That puts you at 1 in about 5.

You should have tried to draw the NK.

Now you're useless, and you should die for the flawed logic and butt breath.

Vote CTM

This is what I have a problem with.  CTM is savvy enough to at least give a 1 day attempt at drawing a NK.

Just now, JiF said:

Interesting...I've seen you talk about doing this before but never actually do it.

Like Pac said, this is the most convenient first day reveal ever. I think we should put it to the test, if we can.  It's too easy for you from here, which could clearly benefit the town if you're telling the truth.  If you're not, it's an amazing cover...but I dont think you had this fake reveal gambit play in your back pocket.  So I'm inclined to believe for you now.

That said, if someone targeted you but was protected, would that person still die?  Meaning, you're role would shoot through a vest or a doc protection? 

I'm not sure how that last bit would work or what it would prove lol. A doctor targeting me would kill the doc as he's not protected, If someone with a vest AND a night action targeted me, I'd assume that person would lose their vest only, but I will ask the mod and we don't even know if they'll be told they lost the vest. plus what is chances someone like that is in game??

My sole understanding is scum and i die if scum takes any action on me, and town dies if they take any action. 

I can be lynched with no problems, I'm not sure why, just like last game where we had not a single investigation result, ya'll just don't decide to lynch or not lynch me based on my play. Ape and Brett trying to speed lynch me today is big time pings, what is the point? 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is what I have a problem with.  CTM is savvy enough to at least give a 1 day attempt at drawing a NK.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think you're giving him way too much credit.  

Hate to play the mod but if I had to chose somebody that would put a goofy role like that in it would be a mod from DM.,  If I had to pick a mod from Dm that would put a goofy role like this in it would be Nolder.  Something to keep an eye on but nothing to be dealt with today IMFO.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

I considered this, first i thought Miller would be perfect, and I had a long discussion with mod trying to get a safe claim of a fish, since he allowed character claims. Having to lie about a fish and potentially claim someone elses fish just didn't seem like a good idea.

Then I thought i could hint at power roles and draw a NK attempt, but I don't think that does anything really to prevent me from drawing a town action. (there could be watchers, trackers, vigs, cops, etc)  Remember my role existing and the first time I've seen it here suggests there is probably several roles in this game. Ultimately i decided to take the recommended route from the wiki

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

I considered this, first i thought Miller would be perfect, and I had a long discussion with mod trying to get a safe claim of a fish, since he allowed character claims. Having to lie about a fish and potentially claim someone elses fish just didn't seem like a good idea.

Then I thought i could hint at power roles and draw a NK attempt, but I don't think that does anything really to prevent me from drawing a town action. (there could be watchers, trackers, vigs, cops, etc)  Ultimately i decided to take the recommended route from the wiki

c96c56c0a6ed15aab96113b03d1bedb4.jpg

1 minute ago, CTM said:

I'm not sure how that last bit would work or what it would prove lol. A doctor targeting me would kill the doc as he's not protected, If someone with a vest AND a night action targeted me, I'd assume that person would lose their vest only, but I will ask the mod and we don't even know if they'll be told they lost the vest. plus what is chances someone like that is in game??

My sole understanding is scum and i die if scum takes any action on me, and town dies if they take any action. 

I can be lynched with no problems, I'm not sure why, just like last game where we had not a single investigation result, ya'll just don't decide to lynch or not lynch me based on my play. Ape and Brett trying to speed lynch me today is big time pings, what is the point? 

I'm confused as to why you thought this reveal would just be taken at face value and everyone just moved on.  You had to know this would bring conversation and be a topic for the day and ultimately the game.  You just had a similar situation last game.  Acting like this should be largely ignored and your play should determine your fate is a little ambitious, no? 

I'm asking about the protection piece because if it came to it and we really need to we could have the cop target you and the doc protect the cop.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm confused as to why you thought this reveal would just be taken at face value and everyone just moved on.  You had to know this would bring conversation and be a topic for the day and ultimately the game.  You just had a similar situation last game.  Acting like this should be largely ignored and your play should determine your fate is a little ambitious, no? 

I'm asking about the protection piece because if it came to it and we really need to we could have the cop target you and the doc protect the cop.

Did not think of that.  Somebody has their thinking cap on this game. 

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

To the first paragraph, no, part of the reason I've always wanted to reveal early in a game is that is would spark conversation and we can see reactions to a legit game sitaution. Rather then just make fun of each otehr for a few pages and end up running up 80 or someone like that.  

I find Brett and Ape's reaction to be interesting, for instance. Your's and Pacs and Crushers seem more town like.

And.. I will ask re the bolded, I believe that would work if cop and doc are both outed, but how do you prevent scum from just shooting doc?  I'm not sure how to coordinate which is why I didn't bring that up

10 hours ago, CTM said:

there is possibly multiple town power roles, so it might be 2-3 different shots at a town role targetting me

also the bold is nonsense

No, it's really not though.

Your logic is stupid. I think you are worthless to the town now, so good bye.

2 hours ago, CTM said:

this way is cleaner

LOL, I'm so in your head it's ridiculous.

GFY, you're worthless.

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

This seems like it's going to be the focus of Day 1. 

26 minutes ago, CTM said:

Yea, sure it does.

You caught all the scum on D1 with your reveal. Seems like a legit conclusion for you to reach.

Archived