Ocean Mafia

Nolder

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, StraightCash said:

unvote vote CTM

not totally sure how to play this, but I think this is the best bet. If he stays alive it's an express ticket to end game which is a great gambit, and it'll just be the focal point of every day which detracts from finding other scum.

I also don't know why he would go on the Mafia wiki to read/copy paste his role if Nolderp already gave it to him. It's more likely that he was browsing through different roles, found one he thought could work, and is going for it. 

Meh...people have looked up uncommon roles pretty often.  And fwiw, I'm pretty sure he's both fake claimed Miller and truthfully claimed Miller pretty early on.  I even think I claimed Miller on D1 once, a long time ago.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Everything that just happened went over your head.

You wanted the game to get serious, so, I obliged. Your approach is to mangle logic and then insist it is sound. My approach is to take what the game gives me, and use myself as bait to hunt scum. You gave me a stupid reveal, so I went with it.

Eat some dick, when you're done applauding yourself, you insecure ninny.

actually I knew you were fos and thought you were baiting opportunistic scum to vote me.. I was playing along dingus 

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Great.  Now we get treated to a CTM-Ape show for the rest of the game.  CTM, for the sake of humanity, can you follow through with your threat to put Ape on ignore for the rest of the game? 

Sincerely,

Everyone playing

Now who is being disingenuous? 

13 minutes ago, AVM said:

OMG LEELOU IS SCUM

You know it, stud muffin. ;) 

World. Burn. 

51088be48b9362211eb031932ff12bc2.jpg

8 minutes ago, AVM said:

Meh...people have looked up uncommon roles pretty often.  And fwiw, I'm pretty sure he's both fake claimed Miller and truthfully claimed Miller pretty early on.  I even think I claimed Miller on D1 once, a long time ago.

Yeah, I really don't see the issue with looking up the role. Nolder tends to use roles that are more known on DM that haven't been used or seldomly used on JN. 

My initial reaction is outting the cop is stupid and anyone who likes that plan is stupid. But town won last game with no cop, so maybe it's not game breaking if it fails.

But i still think it's probable that scum has a RB or watcher which wrecks the plan...

lol at CTM telling me he doesn't need to be the focal point of the game... And then he becomes the focal point.

Of all the reactions, to this point, Pac's was the worst. 

12 hours ago, Pac said:

^^ what an ass hole

12 hours ago, Pac said:

there were 50 ways you could have played if true.  You chose the lamest.  Congrats.

Mock outrage with these 2 posts.

11 hours ago, Pac said:

no guarantee there is a cop...  In that scenario I would have much rather taken my chances a getting shot by scum. 

you've basically given convenient excuses for why no one should target you at night while giving you a 1 way ticket to end game - complete with a "trust me" thrown in for good measure.

it's so disgusting I can't stand it.

The "No guarantee there is a cop" bit bothers me.  Presumably there are still town players in the game who could target CTM for one reason or another that CTM was attempting to protect, and all but just a couple games we've ever played in lacked a cop.  CTM was playing the high odds that there are some traditional town power roles. 

11 hours ago, Pac said:

on another note I'm going to show why I'm best at this game.

Jet Engine = scum.  If I'm proven right I may tell you how I put this together before his 1st post.

Vote Jet Engenitalia

Lays his customary vote on a newcomer then disappears. 

Unvote vote Pac

3 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

My initial reaction is outting the cop is stupid and anyone who likes that plan is stupid. But town won last game with no cop, so maybe it's not game breaking if it fails.

But i still think it's probable that scum has a RB or watcher which wrecks the plan...

lol at CTM telling me he doesn't need to be the focal point of the game... And then he becomes the focal point.

we're like 4 pages in straightcrash

5 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

I actually think D2 would be a better time for that plan. Let the cop stay hidden a day and get a view in just in case there is no doc or something wonky happens. 

24 minutes ago, CTM said:

it's cute how slick you think you are, you pulled that off with all the delicacy of a bull in a china shop 

So wait, now you're posturing as though you knew what I was doing, but initially I came at you and you gave nothing but an OMGUS "Ape is pinging" mouth fart.

Yea, you're going to be a distraction all game. I'd lynch you now for the fun and to remove the disruptive presence and wifom.

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I can't decide what I want my new meta to be. 

Guy who says he's going to have new meta, but doesn't.... or.... 

You could be new emo rage quit guy -- we're needing one of those and I'm feeling kind of lazy thus far, tbh.

26 minutes ago, CTM said:

we're like 4 pages in straightcrash

omg it's 5 pages lynch all liars!

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So wait, now you're posturing as though you knew what I was doing, but initially I came at you and you gave nothing but an OMGUS "Ape is pinging" mouth fart.

Yea, you're going to be a distraction all game. I'd lynch you now for the fun and to remove the disruptive presence and wifom.

If we're lynching for fun I'd like to remind everyone that today is Wednesday and Pac forgot to bastard mod check.

unvote vote Nolder

39 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Sort of where I'm at. The wiki CTM posted says this is an anti town role. So in my mind it's

best case - lynch scum if this is a gambit

worst case - lynch an anti-town role, remove someone who is just going to be a distraction the rest of the game.

I think with how things are going so far, a lot of people have a chance to hide out because CTM is such a focal point.

8 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Sort of where I'm at. The wiki CTM posted says this is an anti town role. So in my mind it's

worst case - lynch an anti-town role, remove someone who is just going to be a distraction the rest of the game.

I think with how things are going so far, a lot of people have a chance to hide out because CTM is such a focal point.

If CTM revealed this when run up to L-2 I'd be with you 100 % here.  But coming out and revealing on Page 1?  Simply not a move a scum member makes.  Not even a little bit.  The whole "remove the distraction" thing is a poor lynch because it doesn't provide much information to the town.  There are better directions to take Day 1. 

And if need be, CTM can still safely be lynched if we're approaching a deadline and do NOT find a better option.

The "scum can hide out" point is a good one.  Which is why I asked for everyone to provide input earlier in the thread.  Still waiting on Verbal, Spoot and Jet Engine to do so. 

1 hour ago, CTM said:

nolder just responded, someone with a protection would survive if targeting me. 

So jif's plan would work (Note: for those of us with IQ's below 70, only if the cop is outed as part of game play)

On the flip side, scum with a vest could kill me if willing to lose their vest 

Ohhhhhh... I get it now.

Thanks!

:)

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But coming out and revealing on Page 1?  Simply not a move a scum member makes.  Not even a little bit. 

Disagree here, it would be epic. And it wouldn't surprise me if CTM has been sitting on this claim/play waiting for the right game to pull it off on.

For the record, I still think it's unlikely too. It's just the thought stuck in the back of my head.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I can't decide what I want my new meta to be. 

Guy who says he's going to have new meta, but doesn't.... or.... 

Gay Ape that posts love poems to CTM all game long?  That'd be fun.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

You didn't know what you were doing.  Both of you are just claiming you knew the "plan" all along.  I'd lynch you both just because you both make me want to beat you to death with my keyboard and skull**** your corpse.

Ok....I may have gone a little overboard there.  This is awkward.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Still waiting to hear from Verbal, Spoot and Jet Engine post-reveal.

It does seem like it would be a very ballsy move for scum to fake reveal something like that on the first page, but it's plausible. By my estimations (comparing the time when I received my PM and the time when CTM revealed) he had around 3 hours--maybe more, maybe less--to scour the wiki for a random role to fake reveal as scum. We also just finished a game where a revealed a--at first--highly scrutinized role that turned out to be true, so maybe he figured it would help his benefit of the doubt. It could also present an opportunity for his scum mates to distance themselves from him, if he were to be lynched.

Still, it'd be an incredibly ballsy and risky move that I wouldn't think is necessary at this stage of the game. (WIFOM?) But, as for now, I believe him. We should not focus on someone who's willingly made himself a target. Not really a sneaky scum move. There could be better options.

I like 80 and JiF for town, as much as it sickens me.  Both had the same type of reaction to CTM's reveal that I did, generally.

CTM is probably town as well, obviously.  Ape is trying to worm into the limelight, but that is alignment neutral for him, as usual.

25 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I like 80 and JiF for town, as much as it sickens me.  Both had the same type of reaction to CTM's reveal that I did, generally.

CTM is probably town as well, obviously.  Ape is trying to worm into the limelight, but that is alignment neutral for him, as usual.

I am the limelight. Make no mistake.

I railed on CTM because I don't like how he played his reveal, I don't see any reason to let the wifom exist, but I'm also an advantageous scum hunter and like to use what the game gives me to root out the dirty birds.

I agree with Brett on the topic. I would add that town has to decide when CTM's wifom is most detrimental... on D1, or towards end game. If taken at face value, then D1 would be the least damaging time to lynch CTM. That said, there is another possibility at play here...

1 hour ago, StraightCash said:

hey genuis, it's anti town because of ability for town roles to die targeting me. I've  eliminated that right from the get go

as fat as focal point, I'm sure we'd be much better off focusing on lynchjng verbal for fun or 80 for being a derp.. atleast we are giving game content here

37 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

It does seem like it would be a very ballsy move for scum to fake reveal something like that on the first page, but it's plausible. By my estimations (comparing the time when I received my PM and the time when CTM revealed) he had around 3 hours--maybe more, maybe less--to scour the wiki for a random role to fake reveal as scum. We also just finished a game where a revealed a--at first--highly scrutinized role that turned out to be true, so maybe he figured it would help his benefit of the doubt. It could also present an opportunity for his scum mates to distance themselves from him, if he were to be lynched.

Still, it'd be an incredibly ballsy and risky move that I wouldn't think is necessary at this stage of the game. (WIFOM?) But, as for now, I believe him. We should not focus on someone who's willingly made himself a target. Not really a sneaky scum move. There could be better options.

He is petty enough where he'd try to one-up my attempt at an all-time false claim last game.

If he is false claiming, he's had this one in his hip pocket for a while. Time/date stamps probably don't matter.

The only logic here I challenge is the bold. He's effectively built in an excuse for why he shouldn't be a target: he can't get NKed, can't get investigated, and if you suggest lynching him, then you get called stupid and are shamed. Even though he's super townie and is doing that thing where he suggests he's okay with being lynched, except for when you vote him.

So yea.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

hey genuis, it's anti town because of ability for town roles to die targeting me. I've  eliminated that right from the get go

as fat as focal point, I'm sure we'd be much better off focusing on lynchjng verbal for fun or 80 for being a derp.. atleast we are giving game content here

Repped for the bold. I don't think Brett realizes how much mafia play has digressed into repeating the same stupid joke lynches over and over... but it's a great point.

Archived