Will Dee Milliner's contract force the Jets hand to play him in 2016?

jetscrazey

9 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Oh, let me guess you love the guy, right? LOL What did you love the last game he actually f*cking two seasons ago? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

No, I said you're wrong and offensive.

Has nothing to do with liking someone.  So I have no idea why you're laughing.  

On 2/13/2016 at 9:03 AM, bealeb319 said:

Would love to see this kid play a full season (sure its wishful thinking) he was improving some when we had Ed Reed, maybe just maybe Revis can straighten the kid out and he could atleast live half way up to the potential he once had. (also probably wishful thinking)

Revis can teach him the art of holding out.

53 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, I said you're wrong and offensive.

Has nothing to do with liking someone.  So I have no idea why you're laughing.  

There's NOTHING wrong with what I posted. NOTHING. You just think it's wrong and offensive because you do not want to hear it. Too bad. I speak the truth. As was just posted, I will repeat it for you, He's one of the softest players ever seen on a football field or he's a f*cking pussy? Take your pick which one you like, but they both mean the same thing. He's stealing a salary currently because he isn't anywhere near owning up to his draft status. He's a god awful bust that's nearly as bad as Vernon Gholston. He'll probably end up with uterine cancer when he trips over a f*cking banana peel. He's a china doll to the very worst degree. Cutting him is merely a formality now. The Jets will cut him when it's most financially advantageous and unfortunately that may not be until the end of next season.

55 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

There's NOTHING wrong with what I posted. NOTHING. You just think it's wrong and offensive because you do not want to hear it. Too bad. I speak the truth. As was just posted, I will repeat it for you, He's one of the softest players ever seen on a football field or he's a f*cking pussy? Take your pick which one you like, but they both mean the same thing. He's stealing a salary currently because he isn't anywhere near owning up to his draft status. He's a god awful bust that's nearly as bad as Vernon Gholston. He'll probably end up with uterine cancer when he trips over a f*cking banana peel. He's a china doll to the very worst degree. Cutting him is merely a formality now. The Jets will cut him when it's most financially advantageous and unfortunately that may not be until the end of next season.

sad but true....here's a simple test for you....his cap # is 4 m.  would any team take him for that, even for a late round draft pick... if the ans is no then he's a bust.  

13 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

sad but true....here's a simple test for you....his cap # is 4 m.  would any team take him for that, even for a late round draft pick... if the ans is no then he's a bust.  

Pretty much one of the last ways I would go about labeling someone a bust.

Pretty much no one would take D'Brick at his cap number today.  Doesnt make him a bust, not even close to one.

The guys been injured, we all know it.  Hes still young and has time to change it all by staying on the field for once. No matter how hard that is to believe.  We take great pride in calling our players busts way too early.  Pryor was a bust in his rookie season, now hes invaluable.  

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Pretty much no one would take D'Brick at his cap number today.  Doesnt make him a bust, not even close to one.

The guys been injured, we all know it.  Hes still young and has time to change it all by staying on the field for once. No matter how hard that is to believe.  We take great pride in calling our players busts way too early.  Pryor was a bust in his rookie season, now hes invaluable.  

lol, pretty silly argument that no way no how describes D'Brick  

"Historically, the biggest busts in the NFL have been players drafted high in the first round who just never displayed the talent they were perceived to have."

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

We have had this exact same conversation about Dee Milliner in every single one of his offseasons.

Posters like you say it is too early to judge and that all he needs to do is to stay healthy and on the field and then he manages to injure himself, usually on a non contact play and sits out pretty much the entire season.  Even when he is healthy enough to play he sits on the sidelines behind career journeymen players or UDFA players.  That tells me that on those rare occasions that his made-of-glass body has been able to withstand an entire practice session that he has played badly enough to get beaten out on the depth chart by basically everyone on the roster.  Everyone.

And here we are, yet another year further along and posters like you are telling us that it is too early to judge.

It is not. 

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I wouldnt anoint calvin so quickly, he played much better, but Jets didnt play against many good QBS this yr.  this upcoming yr will tell the real story.

19 hours ago, EM31 said:

We have had this exact same conversation about Dee Milliner in every single one of his offseasons.

Posters like you say it is too early to judge and that all he needs to do is to stay healthy and on the field and then he manages to injure himself, usually on a non contact play and sits out pretty much the entire season.  Even when he is healthy enough to play he sits on the sidelines behind career journeymen players or UDFA players.  That tells me that on those rare occasions that his made-of-glass body has been able to withstand an entire practice session that he has played badly enough to get beaten out on the depth chart by basically everyone on the roster.  Everyone.

And here we are, yet another year further along and posters like you are telling us that it is too early to judge.

It is not. 

You know why its too early?  He hasnt played enough to know what he will be.  Thats the issue.  Pissed off fans who get pissed when someone is injured and scream BUST, get rid of him.  Smart fans, fans who have seen players who seem always to be injured reverse gears and have productive careers.  You are probably right, I agree, there is nothing to indicate that he will turn the injury issue around.  But since we're paying him, I'll wait.  

10 hours ago, afosomf said:

I wouldnt anoint calvin so quickly, he played much better, but Jets didnt play against many good QBS this yr.  this upcoming yr will tell the real story.

This is a new one.  Yes Pryor looked good, 1,000 % better than people would have you believe last year.  But hey, the QBs they played weren't as good as QBs others play against. LOL

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You know why its too early?  He hasnt played enough to know what he will be.  Thats the issue.  Pissed off fans who get pissed when someone is injured and scream BUST, get rid of him.  Smart fans, fans who have seen players who seem always to be injured reverse gears and have productive careers.  You are probably right, I agree, there is nothing to indicate that he will turn the injury issue around.  But since we're paying him, I'll wait.  

You are assuming the non-recoverable $4 million is the only consideration for the Jets here.  In my opinion it is not.  If Milliner is the absolute bottom of the depth chart even when cleared to play then occupying one of 53 roster spots is a huge cost to this team.

26 minutes ago, EM31 said:

You are assuming the non-recoverable $4 million is the only consideration for the Jets here.  In my opinion it is not.  If Milliner is the absolute bottom of the depth chart even when cleared to play then occupying one of 53 roster spots is a huge cost to this team.

EXACTLY. They could probably put another UDFA, that would much more production no less, at a much lower price.

Defending this guy at this late juncture is truly grasping at straws. Every team has to have a drop dead point, EVERY team. It's rather normal and Dee Milliner has already gone way past that. They had many times last season where they could have started or at least given him some sort of consistent playing time. That can only mean one thing....He's been injured for so long now that he can't now play cornerback, the very role he was drafted to be. It's also not a stretch to think that. Some times a player can take one year off from football and by the time they get back they are nothing that they once were.

He got his chance with the NYJ. This isn't the f*cking freeloaders club. You NORMALLY get 3 seasons to show your worth. Well, it's actually comical how little he actually did show.

It doesn't matter if he went on to be the next Darrelle Revis, the point is he got his chance with the NYJ and he blew it. It's time to move on and never look back.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

He probably won't go anywhere because the Jets can't afford to swallow 4 million, but he hasn't played a defensive snap in like 3 years and has been thoroughly outplayed by undrafted free agents. When he was healthy, he had a handful of games where he wasn't terrible. That's about as positive as you can get with that guy. 

On 2/13/2016 at 6:37 AM, afosomf said:

Ya  4 nattys in 7 yrs, the worst program ever, they win because they consistently get the best recruits to play there, there hasnt been 1 bama player suspended for PEDS not a one skippy.  Too bad you cant say the same about Cheats mon

Clearly a superior program but the huge skill disparity between teams has made college football less enjoyable to me the farther in the past my college day get.

11 hours ago, jgb said:

Clearly a superior program but the huge skill disparity between teams has made college football less enjoyable to me the farther in the past my college day get.

BBall you need just 2 or 3 very good recruits, football you need a good dose of 5 stars followed by many 4 stars, getting mainly 3 stars wont cut it. College football is still better than NFL because every game means something imo. 4 team playoff is best thing since sliced bread. I do not think it will ever hit 8 games, mainly because it will eliminate Conference champ games. Clemson has been recruiting like an SEC team, same as FSU. Deshaun Watson was a 5 star recruited by everyone. Will be the next Cam

13 minutes ago, afosomf said:

BBall you need just 2 or 3 very good recruits, football you need a good dose of 5 stars followed by many 4 stars, getting mainly 3 stars wont cut it. College football is still better than NFL because every game means something imo. 4 team playoff is best thing since sliced bread. I do not think it will ever hit 8 games, mainly because it will eliminate Conference champ games. Clemson has been recruiting like an SEC team, same as FSU. Deshaun Watson was a 5 star recruited by everyone. Will be the next Cam

I hear ya and I like it when two legit programs play just sick of the early season tune ups where NC State crushes Pembroke State 42-3 and then have to listen to wolfpack fans talk about how "this is the year!!!!"

Archived