Star Wars Episode VIII has begun filming

Larz

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

STAR WARS EPISODE 8: First look

The first images from the set of Episode 8 have emerged, with some very formal formalwear going on and what looks like a cross between the Phantom of the Opera and a dinosaur.

They're all very mysterious and incidental at the moment, but that doesn't make us any less excited.

Star Wars Episode VIII filming Dubrovnik

gallery-1457792529-starwars8.jpg

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Pablo Hidalgo confirming today that Snoke is not Darth Plagueis. Snoke is Snoke. New character. Hate to say I told you so, bitches. Stop theorizing and just enjoy the damn movies.

snoke is a dumb name.  so is kylo ren.  and finn.  and rey. and poe dameron.  and maz kanata. and general hux. and lor san tekka

sorry, that's been buggin me for a long time, lol

captain phasma is cool tho

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 0:02 AM, Panzer Division Marduk said:

They'll be doing more filming down in Kerry (the island where Farmboy's been hiding), but supposedly they're also planning on shooting some scenes in Donegal, which is only a couple of hours up the road from here. Wouldn't mind trying to sneak a look if this does happen.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/examviral/real-life/star-wars-fans-rejoice-the-millennium-falcon-arrives-at-malin-head-399120.html

Looks like it is happening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/3/2016 at 8:40 AM, JerryK said:

Is anyone worried about how *quickly* VIII began filming?   How do you come up with a good/fresh story that quickly?

I'm assuming they didn't wait for VII to be in the theatres to begin writing VIII. Once the fundamental story for VII was written, VIII can begin writing concurrently - it's a matter of editing to make sure VII doesn't introduce any deviations during filming that VIII doesn't account for in writing.

Also, the story won't be "fresh" it'll be a continuation of a well-established arc. If they are handling these films the way I would, then the story for each movie would have a framework that is already established and policed by the owners of the overall IP. Make sense?

• 1 month later...

ok, I'm a month late on this, I thought the name was just speculation

THE OFFICIAL TITLE FOR STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII REVEALED

ANNOUNCING THE NAME OF THE NEXT FILM IN THE SKYWALKER SAGA.

We have the greatest fans in this or any other galaxy. In appreciation of the fans, we wanted them to be the first to know the title of the next chapter in the Skywalker saga: STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI. 

THE LAST JEDI is written and directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman and executive produced by J.J. Abrams, Jason McGatlin, and Tom Karnowski.

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI is scheduled for release December 15, 2017. 

StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.

• 3 weeks later...

now that disney owns the franschise you can figure on one star wars movie each year plus the usual assortment of boxed sets or uncut versions, comic books, disney world rides, halloween costumes etc.  it'll take about 3 more years to make people sick of this stuff so disney will pack it away for a few years until a whole news crop of star wars viewers become old enough.

• 4 weeks later...

So mark hamil "fundamentally disagrees with everything" they wrote for lukes character and feels "the fans will too"

I hope this is hype and narrative misdirection for the publicity tour and not the sign of a total bullsh*t script

15 hours ago, Larz said:

So mark hamil "fundamentally disagrees with everything" they wrote for lukes character and feels "the fans will too"

I hope this is hype and narrative misdirection for the publicity tour and not the sign of a total bullsh*t script

That's great to hear.  The movies have been terrible as it is, so lets ruin the one character that everyone loves and still remains in the series.

That's great to hear.  The movies have been terrible as it is, so lets ruin the one character that everyone loves and still remains in the series.

I really hope the next trailer is Awesome, but i fear they will kill off luke or have him go to the darkside.
At some point disney is going to tryvto extend the story with rey, finn, po and kylo.

Lol

17 hours ago, Larz said:

Wow.

It's surprising that he would even go that route publically, before the movie is released.

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

I really hope the next trailer is Awesome, but i fear they will kill off luke or have him go to the darkside.
At some point disney is going to tryvto extend the story with rey, finn, po and kylo.

Lol

I would assume after they cover their Empire Strikes Back basis, that some type of original story line will materialize.  IDK, maybe that's wishful thinking but you would just assume they have to deviate from just copying all the old movies. 

I thought TFA was a huge miss from day one, and said so here. But with the death of Carrie Fisher, in retrospect the movie was a complete failure and utter piece of sh*t that left so much promise and opportunity lying on the table. 

The first order and the fall of the new Jedi Order undoes everything from the OT and negates Luke's journey and the redemption of Vader. It was all pointless. What the **** is the "First Order" anyway? But I digress.

Abrams is a hack that decided to interject douchebag California culture by having Han and Leia divorced? What the **** is that? Seriously. Really? A slow burn love story that is finally realized for a MOMENT at the very end of the OT, and JJ ****in' Abrams has them be a contemporary couple with irreconcilable differences? Who the hell wanted that? Kathleen ******* Kennedy, the bitch behind the absolute neutering of the Star Wars brand? LOL...

Nope. Nobody. Nobody wanted that.

And hey, let's not even bother reuniting Han Solo and his best friend/brother in law Luke Skywalker after 30 goddamned years of absence, and then...I know! Let's kill off the Han Solo character before it could ever, ever, ever possibly happen again...And don't give me flashback crap. That was stupid. Oh, and yeah, we'll have Luke and Leia have more scenes together in the later movies, what could possibly go wrong......

Oh, and while we're at it, we'll make the least believable military personnel in movie history (Poe Dameron and the rainbow diversity squadron!) with the most ridiculously bad dialogue (Don't let these thugs push you around...? Seriously?) fight in a pointless battle just ripped off from a prior movie (if you want to see a believable fighter squadron, may I refer you to Rogue One). 

Oh yeah, and let's throw in a Mary Sue thats just good at everything right off the bat, you know, cause grrrl power 'n stuff!

And when Han Solo is murdered, we'll have his wife console Mary Sue, who knew the man for 15 minutes....And not his best friend who was with him for decades, knew his wife for decades, and  owed him a life debt. YOU ****ING FORGOT ABOUT CHEWBACCA?! Did you even WATCH the OT? 

I could go on and on picking that piece of sh*t movie to pieces but that ship has sailed. And now, much like they did to Indiana Jones in that last cluster ****, they're going to Bend the Luke Skywalker character over and rape the sh*t outta him. 

And.... I'm spent.

15 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I thought TFA was a huge miss from day one, and said so here. But with the death of Carrie Fisher, in retrospect the movie was a complete failure and utter piece of sh*t that left so much promise and opportunity lying on the table. 

The first order and the fall of the new Jedi Order undoes everything from the OT and negates Luke's journey and the redemption of Vader. It was all pointless. What the **** is the "First Order" anyway? But I digress.

Abrams is a hack that decided to interject douchebag California culture by having Han and Leia divorced? What the **** is that? Seriously. Really? A slow burn love story that is finally realized for a MOMENT at the very end of the OT, and JJ ****in' Abrams has them be a contemporary couple with irreconcilable differences? Who the hell wanted that? Kathleen ******* Kennedy, the bitch behind the absolute neutering of the Star Wars brand? LOL...

No. Nobody wanted that.

And hey, let's not even bother reuniting Han Solo and his best friend/brother in law Luke Skywalker after 30 goddamned years of absence, and then...I know! Let's kill off the Han Solo character before it could ever, ever, ever possibly happen again...And don't give me flashback crap. That was stupid. Oh, and yeah, we'll have Luke and Leia have more scenes together in the later movies, what could possibly go wrong......

Oh, and while we're at it, we'll make the least believable military personnel in movie history (Poe Dameron and the rainbow diversity squadron!) with the most ridiculously bad dialogue (Don't let these thugs push you around...? Seriously?) fight in a pointless battle just ripped off from a prior movie (if you want to see a believable fighter squadron, may I refer you to Rogue One). 

Oh yeah, and let's throw in a Mary Sue thats just good at everything right off the bat, you know, cause grrrl power 'n stuff!

And when Han Solo is murdered, we'll have his wife console Mary Sue, who knew the man for 15 minutes....And not his best friend who was with him for decades, new his wife for decades, and  owed him a life debt. YOU ****UNG FORGOT ABOUT CHEWBACCA?! Did you even WATCH the OT? 

I could go on and on picking that piece of sh*t movie but the ship has sailed. And now, much like they did to Indiana Jones in that last cluster ****, they're going to Bend the Luke Skywalker character over and rape the sh*t outta him. 

And.... I'm spent.

haha this was awesome.

I remember leaving TFA and being all nostalgic and sh*t thinking it was a good movie.  Then it came out ondemand and I watched it again and was like, holy sh*t this movie is terrible.  I could barely get through it.  I knew leaving the theater that it was a total rip off to A New Hope but then when you watch it again, you realize it was even more of a rip off than you realized.  Then you notice that the acting is terrible.  Then you realize that nothing makes sense.  Then you realize all the missed opportunities.  Then you realize that you're never going to see the original cast again on the big screen at the same time.  Then you realize it was just a huge turd of a movie.

Then you see go watch Rogue One and you're like WTF?  Another Death Star movie?  Another female lead who is just incredibly powerful and totally down for the cause for no reason?  And just like TFA, nothing makes sense, it's choppy, the storyine and acting is terrible and you're like...ok, here we go again.  Now granted everyone dying was cool but they way the did it was cheesy as sh*t.

Then you see the trailer for TLJ and you're like, oh cool!  It's the Empire Strikes Back part II!!!!!! Cant wait! 

53 minutes ago, JiF said:

haha this was awesome.

I remember leaving TFA and being all nostalgic and sh*t thinking it was a good movie.  Then it came out ondemand and I watched it again and was like, holy sh*t this movie is terrible.  I could barely get through it.  I knew leaving the theater that it was a total rip off to A New Hope but then when you watch it again, you realize it was even more of a rip off than you realized.  Then you notice that the acting is terrible.  Then you realize that nothing makes sense.  Then you realize all the missed opportunities.  Then you realize that you're never going to see the original cast again on the big screen at the same time.  Then you realize it was just a huge turd of a movie.

Then you see go watch Rogue One and you're like WTF?  Another Death Star movie?  Another female lead who is just incredibly powerful and totally down for the cause for no reason?  And just like TFA, nothing makes sense, it's choppy, the storyine and acting is terrible and you're like...ok, here we go again.  Now granted everyone dying was cool but they way the did it was cheesy as sh*t.

Then you see the trailer for TLJ and you're like, oh cool!  It's the Empire Strikes Back part II!!!!!! Cant wait! 

It's a huge point of contention between my brother and I. He has convinced himself that he MUST love these movies or it lessens him or something, and we argue about them all the time. I start picking TFA apart and he gets flustered because he knows deep down that it sucked, but he won't accept it. LOL.

I actually enjoyed Rogue One because it was just a spin off. I thought it started slow, and I'd love to see the movie that the director wanted to make, and not the crap Kathleen ******* Kennedy made him make. Granted, Forrest Whitakers character was completely pointless and poorly executed....wtf was Borgolit the mind reading land octopus? LOL. And they apparently didn't read the crawl that started it all it or pay particular attention to the first 10 minutes of Star Wars '77 when it was explicitly stated that Spies transmitted the plans...And why would they say they were on a diplomatic mission if Vader just WATCHED them flee from a battle....

BUT I liked the movie. I enjoyed the last 40 or so minutes specifically and really loved seeing Red and Gold Leader on a big screen in a legit Battle like we haven't seen since 1983. 

But yeah. The direction Disney is taking this Franchise is just...Bad. And it's just a matter of when they "out" Poe Dameron so they can scream from the rooftops that Star Wars finally has a gay character and if you don't like it, you're worse than Hitler, you hater bigot! LOL. 

It looks like SW. It kinda' sounds like SW (but now the Force is a deep, bass Hum in case you didn't know someone was using the force....), But it's just a crap fest of missed opportunity built on Political Correctness in Kathleen Kennedys attempt to turn it into Space Divergent: The Hunger Twilight...In Space! ...featuring old people from the greatest franchise ever made, but only a little bit.....

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

It's a huge point of contention between my brother and I. He has convinced himself that he MUST love these movies or it lessens him or something, and we argue about them all the time. I start picking TFA apart and he gets flustered because he knows deep down that it sucked, but he won't accept it. LOL.

I actually enjoyed Rogue One because it was just a spin off. I thought it started slow, and I'd love to see the movie that the director wanted to make, and not the crap Kathleen ******* Kennedy made him make. Granted, Forrest Whitakers character was completely pointless and poorly executed....wtf was Borgolit the mind reading land octopus? LOL. And they apparently didn't read the crawl that started it all it or pay particular attention to the first 10 minutes of Star Wars '77 when it was explicitly stated that Spies transmitted the plans...And why would they say they were on a diplomatic mission if Vader just WATCHED them flee from a battle....

BUT I liked the movie. I enjoyed the last 40 or so minutes specifically and really loved seeing Red and Gold Leader on a big screen in a legit Battle like we haven't seen since 1983. 

But yeah. The direction Disney is taking this Franchise is just...Bad. And it's just a matter of when they "out" Poe Dameron so they can scream from the rooftops that Star Wars finally has a gay character and if you don't like it, you're worse than Hitler, you hater bigot! LOL. 

It looks like SW. It kinda' sounds like SW (but now the Force is a deep, bass Hum in case you didn't know someone was using the force....), But it's just a crap fest of missed opportunity built on Political Correctness in Kathleen Kennedys attempt to turn it into Space Divergent: The Hunger Twilight...In Space! ...featuring old people from the greatest franchise ever made, but only a little bit.....

100% all of that.  And dont get me wrong, I liked Rogue One much better than TFA, I just think it too just missed.  The way that crew all came together, the whole rebeillion taking the word of a traitors daughter, her sudden passion, her whatever when her father died, none of it made any sense.  It was just like a throw together rushed story line that didnt add up to what was already explained (like you mentioned) and then there were just a ton of cheesy lol moments that I dont think was the intent. 

On 4/20/2017 at 11:35 AM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Disney took the franchise in a direction.  Until they bought it the franchise was essentially dead.  Lucas was done and his last efforts were horrific.

38 minutes ago, adb280z said:

Disney took the franchise in a direction.  Until they bought it the franchise was essentially dead.  Lucas was done and his last efforts were horrific.

That's like saying  Mccagnan has done a good job because hes slightly better than Idzik.....

The Prequels were crap. But at least it was original crap. Disney is just using the Star Wars brand as a cash grab, while bastardizing and neutering the franchise. They were less proud of making a "good" movie than they were of making a movie without a single Leading "white male" character...Because DIVERSITY!

Hooray.  Enjoy Star Wars, The Last Jedi Strikes Back 2!

Staring:

Discount Kiera Knightly!

Black guy!

Gay Latin Wedge!

The tin man's angry Lesbian sister!

images (7).jpg

And maybe Mark Hamill. For a bit. Playing tall, bearded Yoda. And Blurry Lord Voldemort.... And Emo Vader!

Archived