Sign in to follow this  
Larz

Star Wars Episode VIII has begun filming

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

dude.  they had a death star in the last movie, lol.  This isn't Rashomon

you may be right, but it would suck

I hope she's the love child of Wedge and Jabba's erotic slave dancer from Jedi. Just because it would piss people off. Whatever gets the most people to complain about it on the Internet, I hope they do it.

12 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I hope she's the love child of Wedge and Jabba's erotic slave dancer from Jedi. Just because it would piss people off. Whatever gets the most people to complain about it on the Internet, I hope they do it.

you mean just so you are right, lol

20 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I wouldn't complain. And with his old man's genes, Kylo Ren should be a pretty decent pilot. Then we can have the two of them having a proper death duel, her in an X-Wing, him in a TIE.

4 minutes ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

I wouldn't complain. And with his old man's genes, Kylo Ren should be a pretty decent pilot. Then we can have the two of them having a proper death duel, her in an X-Wing, him in a TIE.

Then Grand Moff Tarkin comes back as a force ghost because he was secretly a Jedi the entire time and butt****s the both of them. 

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Then Grand Moff Tarken comes back as a force ghost because he was secretly a Jedi the entire time and butt****s the both of them. 

Who then marries Admiral Daala as a big "Screw You" to the Disney execs for getting rid of the EU.

STAR WARS EPISODE 8: First look

The first images from the set of Episode 8 have emerged, with some very formal formalwear going on and what looks like a cross between the Phantom of the Opera and a dinosaur.

They're all very mysterious and incidental at the moment, but that doesn't make us any less excited.

Star Wars Episode VIII filming Dubrovnik

gallery-1457792529-starwars8.jpg

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Pablo Hidalgo confirming today that Snoke is not Darth Plagueis. Snoke is Snoke. New character. Hate to say I told you so, bitches. Stop theorizing and just enjoy the damn movies.

snoke is a dumb name.  so is kylo ren.  and finn.  and rey. and poe dameron.  and maz kanata. and general hux. and lor san tekka

sorry, that's been buggin me for a long time, lol

captain phasma is cool tho

3 hours ago, Larz said:

snoke is a dumb name.  so is kylo ren.  and finn.  and rey. and poe dameron.  and maz kanata. and general hux. and lor san tekka

sorry, that's been buggin me for a long time, lol

captain phasma is cool tho

Oh shut up.

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 0:02 AM, Panzer Division Marduk said:

They'll be doing more filming down in Kerry (the island where Farmboy's been hiding), but supposedly they're also planning on shooting some scenes in Donegal, which is only a couple of hours up the road from here. Wouldn't mind trying to sneak a look if this does happen.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/examviral/real-life/star-wars-fans-rejoice-the-millennium-falcon-arrives-at-malin-head-399120.html

Looks like it is happening.

The apparent leaked title of the next installment is Fall of the Resistance. Whether this is the actual title or a working title is a mystery in itself

so there's that

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 8:40 AM, JerryK said:

Is anyone worried about how *quickly* VIII began filming?   How do you come up with a good/fresh story that quickly?

is there gonna be any sex scenes and stuff?

On 4/3/2016 at 8:40 AM, JerryK said:

Is anyone worried about how *quickly* VIII began filming?   How do you come up with a good/fresh story that quickly?

I'm assuming they didn't wait for VII to be in the theatres to begin writing VIII. Once the fundamental story for VII was written, VIII can begin writing concurrently - it's a matter of editing to make sure VII doesn't introduce any deviations during filming that VIII doesn't account for in writing.

Also, the story won't be "fresh" it'll be a continuation of a well-established arc. If they are handling these films the way I would, then the story for each movie would have a framework that is already established and policed by the owners of the overall IP. Make sense?

ok, I'm a month late on this, I thought the name was just speculation

THE OFFICIAL TITLE FOR STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII REVEALED

ANNOUNCING THE NAME OF THE NEXT FILM IN THE SKYWALKER SAGA.

We have the greatest fans in this or any other galaxy. In appreciation of the fans, we wanted them to be the first to know the title of the next chapter in the Skywalker saga: STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI. 

THE LAST JEDI is written and directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman and executive produced by J.J. Abrams, Jason McGatlin, and Tom Karnowski.

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI is scheduled for release December 15, 2017. 

StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.

now that disney owns the franschise you can figure on one star wars movie each year plus the usual assortment of boxed sets or uncut versions, comic books, disney world rides, halloween costumes etc.  it'll take about 3 more years to make people sick of this stuff so disney will pack it away for a few years until a whole news crop of star wars viewers become old enough.

So mark hamil "fundamentally disagrees with everything" they wrote for lukes character and feels "the fans will too"

I hope this is hype and narrative misdirection for the publicity tour and not the sign of a total bullsh*t script