Smurfs Mafia - Game Thread

Gone

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

I'm being totally serious right now.

Maybe I am lactose intolerant? I thought I might be before, but I was never sure or diagnosed. That sounds exactly what it can feel like. Like my intestines are literally swollen and inflamed.

I think the Ape and I have actually found a common ground.

Holy sh*t.

Switch to coconut milk or almond milk. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Maybe I am lactose intolerant? I thought I might be before, but I was never sure or diagnosed. That sounds exactly what it can feel like. Like my intestines are literally swollen and inflamed.

Holy sh*t.

You are about 5 paragraphs short on this post to be having common ground with Ape

32 minutes ago, CTM said:

i feel like without something to orbit around we're all just kind of floating around aimlessly in space.

Spoot.. how much do you weigh? Would you consider gaining 500lbs and being our new crusher?

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

JiF is already in love with him so I already assumed Spoot weighed at least 300.

lol

I'm actually about 210. I used to weigh 275+ (before I stopped weighing myself) and then I lost a bunch of weight.

Not really keen on going back, so you'd have to really convince me.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

lol

I'm actually about 210. I used to way 275+ (before I stopped weighing myself) and then I lost a bunch of weight.

Not really keen on going back, so you'd have to really convince me.

It's for the good of the community. We NEED a loveable fat man. 

1 minute ago, Leelou said:

It's for the good of the community. We NEED a loveable fat man. 

Alright, then. If it's for the greater good.

Somebody send me a box of donuts and I'll get started. And, JiF, if you're the one who sends them, try not to stick your dick in every donut, alright?

9 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Holy sh*t.

Try a food elimination diet. Go without dairy a few weeks. That's all they'd tell you to do to see if dairy or lactose is the problem (being dairy sensitive/allergic and lactose intolerant are not the same things). A few years ago @CTM suggested the book "Eat to Live" by Joel Fuhrman. Get it and read it. You don't have to adopt everything it recommends to a tee, however, you can incorporate some of it into your diet and improve your quality of life substantially.

In general, dairy is ******* awful for us. 

I've learned that I can eat yogurt, because the live cultures help digest the lactose. So, I can eat frozen yogurt, but ice cream makes me feel like I'm dying on the inside. Good quality hard cheeses, like cheddar and parmesan, tend to have less lactose in them. So, I can eat a little bit of it to get my fix. Soft cheeses like Gouda have me in pain for days.

Do some research. Ask questions if you want, I'm more than happy to share what I've learned. 

Oh, and you rep almost every post I make on the football forum... so I'd say we already have common ground... we both think I'm hilarious!!! 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Try a food elimination diet. Go without dairy a few weeks. That's all they'd tell you to do to see if dairy or lactose is the problem (being dairy sensitive/allergic and lactose intolerant are not the same things). A few years ago @CTM suggested the book "Eat to Live" by Joel Fuhrman. Get it and read it. You don't have to adopt everything it recommends to a tee, however, you can incorporate some of it into your diet and improve your quality of life substantially.

I've learned that I can eat yogurt, because the live cultures help digest the lactose. So, I can eat frozen yogurt, but ice cream makes me feel like I'm dying on the inside. Good quality hard cheeses, like cheddar and parmesan, tend to have less lactose in them. So, I can eat a little bit of it to get my fix. Soft cheeses like Gouda have me in pain for days.

Do some research. Ask questions if you want, I'm more than happy to share what I've learned. 

Oh, and you rep almost every post I make on the football forum... so I'd say we already have common ground... we both think I'm hilarious!!! 

For the yogurt thing, have you tried coconut milk yogurt? It has 6 cultures in it and it's not bad. 

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Oh, since Donnie Darko was mentioned, and the game play hasn't really kicked off yet, I figure I'd share a song. How many here like "Mad World"? How about the cover by Gregorian? It's awesome.

Love the song... even your super weird cover.

I heard another cover it of recently, but can't find it... will post if I come across it.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I haven't, I'll check it out. 

I'm addicted to Hood's vanilla bean. :)

It's by this brand called So Delicious! I've cut 95% of dairy out of my diet and I feel way better. I only have a small indulgence here and there. I've been collecting some vegan recipes for cheese alternatives. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Thanks, I'll look the book up. I already kinda try to eat healthy (organic, non-processed, natural) but it doesn't always work out. I'll try to cut out the dairy, which will be hard because I love cheese. ****in' put that sh*t on everything. I hate yogurt, so I probably won't be eating that. I should try to alter my eating habits more though, since lately the symptoms seem to be a little worse. I recently just bought some pro-biotics to see if that'll help. Thank you for the suggestions, though; I appreciate it.

The one thing that I've found that helps me is to not stress about it. Stress and anxiety (which I have a lot of) makes it worse, and stressing about having a bathroom emergency is like a death sentence. I've found that if I simply don't stress about it and tell myself--even if I'm on the toilet and have to be somewhere--"It'll be fine, I can hold it until I can come back to the bathroom later", then it actually helps. I remember when I was around 12 or 13 and I went with a friend and my father up to a baseball game in Philly, traveling all the way from northern VA, and I was fighting cramps all the way up, the whole time at the game (I actually had to convince my father I needed to leave earlier, even though he didn't want to) and all the way back home. One of the most miserable days of my life.

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh, I kept hitting the little green button because I thought it meant "go" as in, you'd "go away".

Just now, Leelou said:

It's by this brand called So Delicious! I've cut 95% of dairy out of my diet and I feel way better. I only have a small indulgence here and there. I've been collecting some vegan recipes for cheese alternatives. 

Nice.

The book I just suggested to Spoot advocates heavily for a non-dairy diet, and pretty much whole-foods vegan. Might be worth checking out for you too. 

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Love the song... even your super weird cover.

I heard another cover it of recently, but can't find it... will post if I come across it.

Oh, I could post all sorts of super weird and different covers.

I love music that's different. Well, some.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Nice.

The book I just suggested to Spoot advocates heavily for a non-dairy diet, and pretty much whole-foods vegan. Might be worth checking out for you too. 

Yeah can't hurt. I've also joined some FB groups that are dairy-free groups and get lots of info from them. 

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Thanks, I'll look the book up. I already kinda try to eat healthy (organic, non-processed, natural) but it doesn't always work out. I'll try to cut out the dairy, which will be hard because I love cheese. ****in' put that sh*t on everything. I hate yogurt, so I probably won't be eating that. I should try to alter my eating habits more though, since lately the symptoms seem to be a little worse. I recently just bought some pro-biotics to see if that'll help. Thank you for the suggestions, though; I appreciate it.

The one thing that I've found that helps me is to not stress about it. Stress and anxiety (which I have a lot of) makes it worse, and stressing about having a bathroom emergency is like a death sentence. I've found that if I simply don't stress about it and tell myself--even if I'm on the toilet and have to be somewhere--"It'll be fine, I can hold it until I can come back to the bathroom later", then it actually helps. I remember when I was around 12 or 13 and I went with a friend and my father up to a baseball game in Philly, traveling all the way from northern VA, and I was fighting cramps all the way up, the whole time at the game (I actually had to convince my father I needed to leave earlier, even though he didn't want to) and all the way back home. One of the most miserable days of my life.

Oh, I kept hitting the little green button because I thought it meant "go" as in, you'd "go away".

Probiotics are good. I actually drink a green superfood daily, that has probiotics in it. So I don't have to take pill form.

http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Grass-SuperFood-Original-Servings/dp/B00112ILZM

I spent the better part of my life with the stress about IBS issues. I used to feel like a prisoner to it. If we went out, the first thing I did was figure out where the bathroom was and if it was usable. My wife is wonderful, because she understood it. IBS is a function of anxiety. I've had many, many days like the one you described.

Worrying about it only makes it worse. You seem to get that, unfortunately, when you've dealt with it your whole life... worrying about it is second nature. Vicious cycle.

5 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Yeah can't hurt. I've also joined some FB groups that are dairy-free groups and get lots of info from them. 

There's a lot of good vegan food out by you too. My old director, who I wish never left, was vegan and we used to go out to eat together a lot when we traveled out there. 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

There's a lot of good vegan food out by you too. My old director, who I wish never left, was vegan and we used to go out to eat together a lot when we traveled out there. 

Yup, they love their food and beer out here. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No doubt.

Have you been to any of the McMenamins locations out there? Specifically the old grade school?

Love that one, the pool hall location is great too. Hair of the Dog is probably my favorite Portland brewery though, or deschutes but you can get them anywhere 

Archived