The board communication thread

The Crusher

We just upgraded, here is more information:  

Take a look and let me know if there are any issues.

Also there were other requests made specific to the mafia forum. Let's give this version a few days to make sure everything is working. Then we can figure out if any changes are needed specifically for this forum\game.

Thanks!

On 3/29/2016 at 2:45 PM, CTM said:

it's all but unusable for me on phone. Desktop is atleast easier to delet the old junk 

i know you are trying, and I appreciate site it, just following up that ice seen no improvement yet 

It is working pretty well for me on the phone. What isn't working? Is the tapatalk app easier to use? We have that installed as well if you prefer that.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

It is working pretty well for me on the phone. What isn't working? Is the tapatalk app easier to use? We have that installed as well if you prefer that.

i'm not seeing any difference on either, still getting old posts showing up. Still getting the saving issue

On 3/31/2016 at 5:15 AM, CTM said:

i'm not seeing any difference on either, still getting old posts showing up. Still getting the saving issue

Strange, I haven't had one problem. I use both but use Tapatalk less. Just figured I would suggest it in case it made a difference.

48 minutes ago, Leelou said:

@Maxman is there any way to have editing in Mafia that lasts longer than an hour? 

Let me check, out of the box it doesn't work by forum. But I saw a plugin that might help. If not I can see if I can pay a programmer to customize it.

What timeframe would you want for editing in the mafia forum ideally? Also, would it need to be for everyone or just a group of people?  Thanks!

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Let me check, out of the box it doesn't work by forum. But I saw a plugin that might help. If not I can see if I can pay a programmer to customize it.

What timeframe would you want for editing in the mafia forum ideally? Also, would it need to be for everyone or just a group of people?  Thanks!

That would be great! Thank you!! :D

It would probably just be easier (less admin/mod work) if everyone that played mafia could edit unlimited. The person who runs the game will typically edit the first post throughout the length of a game (week - 3 weeks) and who runs the games changes game to game and any one of us could run one. Would making a user group be easiest? 

• 3 months later...

@Maxman I don't want to be a nag and you might already be working on this stuff but I keep encountering two bugs.

1) When I make a post the "submit reply" button will grey out and say "saving" even though the post has already been made. If I want to make a new post I have to refresh the page.

2) Sometimes if I quote someone and then decide not to reply the next time I click on the reply box the quote is still there even though I might have closed the page and came back or whatever. Actually I'm not exactly sure how this bug is working but I think the reply box having some kind of "memory" and saving what you put in it is what's causing it overall. Since you can't save posts as drafts anymore and whatnot this reply box is trying to be an all in one thing and that makes it a bit buggy at times.

On 7/10/2016 at 2:21 PM, Nolder said:

@Maxman I don't want to be a nag and you might already be working on this stuff but I keep encountering two bugs.

1) When I make a post the "submit reply" button will grey out and say "saving" even though the post has already been made. If I want to make a new post I have to refresh the page.

2) Sometimes if I quote someone and then decide not to reply the next time I click on the reply box the quote is still there even though I might have closed the page and came back or whatever. Actually I'm not exactly sure how this bug is working but I think the reply box having some kind of "memory" and saving what you put in it is what's causing it overall. Since you can't save posts as drafts anymore and whatnot this reply box is trying to be an all in one thing and that makes it a bit buggy at times.

Hi @Nolder! These were two older issues that had been fixed for almost everyone. But like you reported, I noticed they came back recently. We were a few versions behind. I just upgraded to the latest. Can you let me know if the issue happens again. If so I will deal directly with IPB to get it resolved. Thanks!

On 4/7/2016 at 10:36 AM, Leelou said:

That would be great! Thank you!! :D

It would probably just be easier (less admin/mod work) if everyone that played mafia could edit unlimited. The person who runs the game will typically edit the first post throughout the length of a game (week - 3 weeks) and who runs the games changes game to game and any one of us could run one. Would making a user group be easiest? 

Hey @Leelou I know this request is old. I finally have a way to do this, but it requires a custom group for the Mafia forum. I don't mind doing that, but I will need a list of all mafia forum members.  Maybe we could start with some super users \ people who run the games? Anyone new would have to be manually added in the future. But we can definitely do this if needed.

Thanks, please let me know.

23 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Hi @Nolder! These were two older issues that had been fixed for almost everyone. But like you reported, I noticed they came back recently. We were a few versions behind. I just upgraded to the latest. Can you let me know if the issue happens again. If so I will deal directly with IPB to get it resolved. Thanks!

Oh ok great! I'll keep an eye out for awhile and see if it continues to happen or not.

19 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Hey @Leelou I know this request is old. I finally have a way to do this, but it requires a custom group for the Mafia forum. I don't mind doing that, but I will need a list of all mafia forum members.  Maybe we could start with some super users \ people who run the games? Anyone new would have to be manually added in the future. But we can definitely do this if needed.

Is it possible for "super users" to add new people or will we have to bother you every time we want to add someone to that group?

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Oh ok great! I'll keep an eye out for awhile and see if it continues to happen or not.

Is it possible for "super users" to add new people or will we have to bother you every time we want to add someone to that group?

Thanks! And I am not sure if I can do super users by forum. That is a good idea, let me see if I can get something setup that way. That would be ideal. You guys do all the work in that scenario. :)

Just now, Maxman said:

Thanks! And I am not sure if I can do super users by forum. That is a good idea, let me see if I can get something setup that way. That would be ideal. You guys do all the work in that scenario. :)

Thank you Max. :)

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

That's awesome! :D Do you want me to PM you a list? 

@Maxman I am still having trouble. The submit reply button has broken on me at least 5-8 times since the last time I posted here, maybe more. It's not a huge deal since I can just refresh the page to fix it but it is definitely inconvenient. Also the reply box keeps "remembering" posts I've already submitted when I try to quote a new post. So I have to click the source button and remove everything it "remembered" and then quote again. This has happened to me 3 or 4 times now.

On 7/20/2016 at 2:44 PM, Nolder said:

@Maxman I am still having trouble. The submit reply button has broken on me at least 5-8 times since the last time I posted here, maybe more. It's not a huge deal since I can just refresh the page to fix it but it is definitely inconvenient. Also the reply box keeps "remembering" posts I've already submitted when I try to quote a new post. So I have to click the source button and remove everything it "remembered" and then quote again. This has happened to me 3 or 4 times now.

Sorry about that. Please refresh my memory what O\S and browser? I will open a ticket with IPB.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Sorry about that. Please refresh my memory what O\S and browser? I will open a ticket with IPB.  Thanks.

Windows 10 and Chrome.

It's no big deal, take your time with it. I just wanted to make sure you knew there was a problem.

It can't be said enough, thank you for all you do for this tiny corner of your forum. :)

Archived