BroadwayJets

Jets Cut Cromartie

6 minutes ago, KRL said:

Too many people didn't realize this when Cro was signed, they THOUGHT the contract was 4 years / 32 million.

But it was really a one year deal with no cap ramifications

You mean the countless posts crying that he wasnt worth $32 mil were for nothing? 

That Macc was nuts and this signing cancelled out Revis?  

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is it too late to complain about it retroactively?   I missed out on all the fun at the time.  

Feel free.  I'm sure others will down the road

21 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Or Bill

They didnt go after him a year ago.

Before drafting a good cb, so why now? Doubt it

I like that they cut Cro, I have nothing but love for the guy even if he had a sub par season with us last year but I think it shows that either a) Bowels is more willing to make the team better than he is to give any bias attention to players who he likes/has history with. or b ) Mac knows there are better players who he can spend 8m in cap space on. Either way the management of this team has improved.

Hey, the injuries and age are catching up with him  Happens, especially at skill positions.

All in all he wasnt the Cro of old, but he wasnt horrible like some make him out to be.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, bealeb319 said:

Because he is now coming off of a Jets roster. Last season Rex was scooping players up as we cut them.

Well thats what most newly hired HCs do, sign players they had before.  Has nothing to do other than they know the players.  

Can say that its one of the reasons Bowles probably was all in on signing Cro a year ago.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

There is also the philosophy of making yourself better by making your compatition weaker. Jets very well might be looking to resign him at a lesser cost he does have depth value and from a team chemistry stand point there is I believe greater value.

I dont think anyone with the Jets is worried that hes going to anywhere else, especially the Bills.  Hes already Tweeted that he wants to come back to us, loves everything about the team as we all know.  And again, the Bills dont need him, if Rex wants to waste a roster spot over a backup we may or want, go for it.

I would bet if all he gets are low level offers he retires, unless its from us.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bocajetfan said:

Totally agree. My point was in general as to why any organization would sign another's free agents or cap casualties.

Yes, you're right I agree.  Sometimes it's just as much a negative to your competition as it is an addition to your own roster. 

41 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Exactly, If Cro keeps up his usual mantra he will be in the pro bowl next season lmao

That mantra is injured and played poorly in 13.  Healthy for all of 14 and played well.  Injured early in 15 and struggled.  Played decent ball when he got his health back. 

If you can insure he'll avoid the injury bug next year, go for it

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Colgateman said:

You must not know that cro is known for having a good season, then bad one?

He's known for this? Lol, ok.

some goofy he's good one year bad the next, the last three years, and his injuries never crossed your mind as a reason? 

54 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Baloney.  Revis ALWAYS checked the #1 WR, thus allowing Cro to check the #2.  If he was 'elite' as he thinks, then he should have had no trouble shutting down the opposing team's #2.  Fact is, he was overrated and was never really a very good corner to begin with.   

Never.  He never was a good corner.  Just Cro thought he was ever good. 

4 hours ago, j4jets said:

He stunk most of the season. Landry and Beckham both burned him several times.

Wow, two of the best WRs in football beat our number 2 CB several times in 3 games.  That proves it

3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Just saw on nfl.com Cro is expected to meet with Bills.

A story Cro already denied. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company