JetNation at the 2016 NFL Combine

JetNation

If no changes are made the the current schedule, this puts JetNation.com at the combine with media access to the following:

QB/WR/TE on-field workouts

DL/LB interviews

DL/LB on-field workouts 

DB Interviews

8 minutes ago, AFJF said:

If no changes are made the the current schedule, this puts JetNation.com at the combine with media access to the following:

QB/WR/TE on-field workouts

DL/LB interviews

DL/LB on-field workouts 

DB Interviews

Will you have access to Jets envoy? Interview with Maccagnan would be awesome. How about we prepare the questions in this thread and you ask them to Maccagnan as you see fit.

24 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Will you have access to Jets envoy? Interview with Maccagnan would be awesome. How about we prepare the questions in this thread and you ask them to Maccagnan as you see fit.

Working on finding out when Jets FO will be speaking but even if they do, it looks like they address the media as a group for 15 minutes.

If I'm not mistaken, they were up on day 1 last year which would be Friday this year.  I won't be there until Friday night unfortunately.

Even still...if people want to post a few questions on here I'll jot down some of the better ones.

I won't be on all that much though...doing some digging on the prospects we should have access to.

25 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Excellent! Looking forward to whatever content you guys generate from this... also Shapiro's Deli, Harry & Izzy's, Cafe Patachou, Slippery Noodle, Scotty's Brewhouse, and of course... St. Elmo's!!!! 

As much as I want to get out and see a bit of Indy, I think my schedule is going to be:

1. Arrive in Indy

2.  Watch football players run fast

3. Write about fast-running football players.

4. Depart Indy

Just now, Maxman said:

Thanks Glenn. This is so great that you are doing this. Really appreciate it.

No sweat...tried changing my flight to Friday morning earlier today but no luck....I'll have to settle for Sat/Sun.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

As much as I want to get out and see a bit of Indy, I think my schedule is going to be:

1. Arrive in Indy

2.  Watch football players run fast

3. Write about fast-running football players.

4. Depart Indy

Between posting on JI and JN over the years, I've talked openly about having lived out there for a few years... I used to go to Indy during the combine just to see if I could see coaches out and about, while we bar hopped.

It's a great little city, especially for a weekend trip. You should find a way, no matter what you do, to go to St. Elmo's. If I still lived out there I'd buy you a beer!

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Between posting on JI and JN over the years, I've talked openly about having lived out there for a few years... I used to go to Indy during the combine just to see if I could see coaches out and about, while we bar hopped.

It's a great little city, especially for a weekend trip. You should find a way, no matter what you do, to go to St. Elmo's. If I still lived out there I'd buy you a beer!

That's actually a reason I wanted to add Friday to my trip.  I was driving home yesterday and heard two regular sports radio guys talking about covering the combine.  One guy had done it before, the other dude hadn't.  The guy who covered it several times said there are HC's and GM's in every bar or restaurant you walk in to.  Being so close to Philly he shared a story about walking in to a Steak & Shake and seeing Andy Reid sitting there eating a cheeseburger.  

St. Elmo's?  I'll see if I can check it out for a bit.  How far from the stadium?

Thanks for the tips.

Just now, AFJF said:

That's actually a reason I wanted to add Friday to my trip.  I was driving home yesterday and heard two regular sports radio guys talking about covering the combine.  One guy had done it before, the other dude hadn't.  The guy who covered it several times said there are HC's and GM's in every bar or restaurant you walk in to.  Being so close to Philly he shared a story about walking in to a Steak & Shake and seeing Andy Reid sitting there eating a cheeseburger.  

St. Elmo's?  I'll see if I can check it out for a bit.  How far from the stadium?

Thanks for the tips.

St. Elmo's is one of the best steak houses I've ever been to, and easily the one place you HAVE to try if you go to Indy and eat one meal. That said, you should eat more than one meal... and Shapiro's is top 3 Jewish deli I've ever had, and I grew up on LI.

Most of what I suggested to you is walkable. I think from the Luke to St. Elmo's is under 10 minutes walking. Shapiro's is also 10 minutes walking in the opposite direction. The Luke is basically across the street from the convention center, the JW Marriott (which is probably where a lot of NFL people will be staying), the state capitol building is right near there, as well as the circle center mall, and the monument. It's really a tight little concentration of good sh*t you can walk to. There's a cigar bar right around there too, it's underground. Excellent. Most of the downtown hotels are all right in the same vicinity.

My wife and I got married in downtown Indy, but had to do it as a destination wedding, which I ended up having to have to plan due to some unfortunate family stuff... so I know the grid pretty well now. Let me know if you have any questions, I'm give whatever feedback I can.

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh, and yea... I've seen Mangini, Dungy, and a sh*tload of assistant coaches in their team polos, but I had no idea who the **** they were. 

I'm gonna' be sure to take a peek at FO pics I have saved in the event I bump in to somebody.  Not interested in harassing any of them, but not a bad idea to be able to recognize any Jets folks.

Archived